It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do YOU see a SHTF going down?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So, people are always saying the worlds going to end in 2012. Be it a worldwide collapse of the economy, the earth tears itself apart, floods, asteroids, Nibiru, Planet X, aliens or we just plain an simple nuke ourselves into oblivion.

Most of us on here are preparing ourselves for some form of SHTF scenario. I thought it'd be cool to see just what you are preparing for. Depending on the event you envision happening, your preparations could wildly differ from another's.

I'll add mine tonight when I actually have time to write a lengthy post, but what's yours?

Fallout 3 style nuclear apocalypse, or world wide economy collapse leading to total anarchic chaos?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I'll get onto it, I swear....

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
First Argentinian style hyperinflation eventually leading to Wiemar Republic super-hyperinflation leading to either complete economic collapse, or totalitarian one world government. I hope for the collapse and the restart such a collapse would bring about.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BalderAsir

When the S,TRULY HITS,T,F everyone will be too lifeless and corpsey to care, till then, It's just life

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think it's quite possible the # has already hit the fan, and it's just taking a while for it to sink in.

Also, if we go to war with any more countries (Iran etc), that will lead to added bankruptcy, add to that more corrupt leaders, dollar devalued even more, etc etc. Not only will we be in for a huge depression (more so than we already are), but we'll be on the road to being a third world country, and other powers will start to swoop in and finish us.

A couple well planned terrorist attacks (or false flags) wouldn't help much either.

Or who knows, I've always been big on the whole alien thing too.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

3-23- wil be the start of the &^%^%$$^& if *&*^%&^ get their way.
Listen to all the rumbles that will be reported before 3-23..and then watch what happens.
I pray that we are all wrong.

edit on 19-3-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
disaster (earthquake / solar flare) cripples power grid and dozens of nuclear reactors melt down.

So, fallout style for me too. I just can't remember where i put my PIP-Boy 3000. I won't last a minute without V.A.T.S.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Its not going to go down.

Just an ongoing mire of decay into a slimey cesspool. That is the legacy of all the people in charge, because they feed off greed. All future generations will know them for the slimeballs and scum they truly are. Probably make a big what not to do monument one day.

That is the legacy of our leaders and the legacy from our own hands for not calling them out.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is as good a scenario as any I suppose.

However it happens, I hope it happens soon.
I'm getting tired of waiting.

ETA disregard the NIA plug at the end, but the situation is no less plausible.
edit on 19-3-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I moved to the middle of nowhere. I've got lots of food and water stored, plus extra first aid stuff. We have a few shotguns and plenty of ammo.

I have no idea how the fecal matter will strike the rotating blades, but I figure I'll just keep preparing and whatever happens is going to happen.

Of course, if nothing occurs, then I have a bunch of extra goodies and don't have to go to the store very often at all.

I know that people have their own suspicions about future disasters, but I have no idea what is going to happen. I only know that I have a bad feeling and would rather be prepared than not. At the very least, food is going way up in price, is it an inevitability. Why not buy extra food when it is on sale? It's a little like insurance....sure it costs money, but if you ever need it, boy is it a Godsend!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Solar Flare storm causing circuits to blow world wide.
It would take years in some areas of the world to fix the power stations.
All of our reactors would loose power as well without constant supply of fuel.
All of the nuclear reactors would melt down because it takes around a month to cool them off once they are decommissioned. And with no electricity pumping coolant.. same thing happened in Fukashima.
With about 700 nuclear reactors going off world wide it would be Fukashima time 700!
Those that survive would need to be underground for a few years with enough food. The soils on the planet wouldn't be able to produce food for a few years at least.
That's one idea.

We could have a fake alien invasion coupled with HAARP quakes and all kinds of unbelievable 9/11 type stuff happening. Martial Law, no one allowed to leave the house except for food or work. No traveling between towns. No travel at all. Death by organization.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I was told how it might go down by those within the US Northern Command 8 years ago.

I don't really bother with theories after hearing it come straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
I was told how it might go down by those within the US Northern Command 8 years ago.

I don't really bother with theories after hearing it come straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

How's it going to happen?
Lasers?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
just off the top o' me head...
1) local/regional weather (hurricane, blizzard) or natural event (quake). impact limited to 1-4 states, most infrastructure back in 1-4 weeks

2) emp, either natural or man-made. impact on grid could be catastrophic.

3) terrorist deployed wmd (possble domestic accident). could destroy a major city (D.C., NY) indefinitely.

4) major U.S. geological event (New Madrid, Yellowstone). devestation over one or more states, extended impact thru much of country. really hard to predict recovery time.

5) major geo event outside U.S. (Japan tsunami, Azores quake/tsunami). impact mostly indirect (to we in U.S.) but could have long-term indirect/economic effect.

6) military action, esp in Middle East, disrupts petroleum supply, causing global economic impact / shortages / massive price hikes, leading to civil unrest, further economic downturns, some regime changes.

7) aliens, Blue Beam, spaghetti monster, antarctic Nazis, other extreme theories; we're screwed.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Not as far as I know. The following words in quotations were the actual words used. Since I do not have a recording I can not provide full context.

The "Continuity of Government" plan is to continue government operations in the event of a "dirty bomb", or "natural disaster" such as hurricane or earthquake. Its function is to house "real time GPS coordinates" of every federal or government operated vehicle, firetruck, police, ambulance, military etc. In this scenario the orders would be given to every operation via homeland security from undisclosed location. The GPS system would be able to monitor the vehicles and also monitor a catastrophic event via real time weather data and GPS.

In other words if it were a dirty bomb or multiple or a nuke or whatever it would be able to monitor the real time fallout and move the higher ups in the government in real time underground.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
When it happens it will happen quickly. It will be an intentional and deliberate collapse of the economy. panic will quickly follow, then Obama will institute Marshal law. America will be done. No more freedom and liberty, and no more rights.

They they will come for all you gun owners and confiscate all of your weapons, and kill you if you don't surrender them. Everyone will be told to stay in their homes. There will be no survivalists. Then they wil track you by cell phone, by on star, and by other electronic devices that are now the drug of the mind that people can't do without.

In short order there will be FEMA processing plants operating full time. You will be told to get into white school buses and will be taken to a center for processing. You will be color coded after it is determined if you are sheeple or defiant. Everything you ever did online will be used to determine if you are to be killed or spared for forced slavery for the very elite class which are not any political party as we now know it.

If you are to die you will be placed into a room that is the same color as you prison clothes. red for death, blue for re education, and green for sheeple. The red die immediately, but the blues are physically conditioned through a process of forced starvation that will take months and maybe over a year. You will either be green at the end or killed.

The method of death is by lethal injection. You are taken to a small room connected to the cell block room you lived in while being starved. You were given no bed and no clothes while in your cell block which was simply a large room. Since I was a blue the room was also blue in color. You stayed there naked and starved. When they finally take you into the small room you're glad because you will embrace the needle of peace that will end your life. The nurses will give it to you in the arm or leg and it's over in seconds. Don't fear it because it means freedom from the constant pain.

After you die, they will take you into an area connected to the small room that leads to a conveyer that has FEMA coffins stacked on platforms. They will pile your bodies into them, seal them and send them to an incineration plant elsewhere off site where all camps send the dead bodies.

I know all this because I suffered every bit of this in a dream, and also in a vision. I felt the starvation and the pain. And I was glad to get the needle because I would not give in and swear allegiance to the state and deny belief in any god. Below is a couple of teasers for ya all. I found all this after my experience in my dream and vision at the FEMA or otherwise known as CCA concentration camp. This does not begin to cover all the FEMA stuff, the special presidential directives, and the like. But it's all true, and it will all happen very soon. There will be no place to run to. There will be no escape. They will come for you and everyone. Especially if you are using technology that can be found using tracking and GPS. And you will serve the elite class and deny your life or you will die for your freedom of thought. The choice is all yours to make. But don't do the survivalist thing because it's a pure waste of time. Watch all of the videos below and disregard the debunker watch dogs on the ATS.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-3-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I think the most likely scenario would be world wide economic collapse leading to a nuclear halocost. It's a lot easier to be diplomatic and put the nukes down when you aren't hurting for money and resources. It's the most likely reason why diplomacy would break down.

If Obama tried to undermine the American way, he would be sent packing just like the british were.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
In mass thriving of ignorance, I see the common man handing over the reigns to a political system that doesn't give a flip about them, but only the gold and power it weilds....ofcourse, by that defination, S### has already hit the fan.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If I had to guess the financial meltdown would be coupled with nuclear attack. When I was there hearing of this plan I had the sense that there was a more nefarious purpose at work. I am of the mind that the financial collapse is innevitable. That might actually not be realized until after an attack so to speak, that might give way to the excuse that commerce would then shut down and be turned off for the time being. Giving way to the perfect cover up. While there are no commerce or visible government there would actually be contingencies for a new form of government underway. For maybe a few weeks to a month there would not be any commerce or services or government so to speak of other than the immediate reaction and orders given on the ground. Then a new government might emerge from the underground.

The TV series Jericho would be a pretty close interpretation, but of course this post is merely speculation.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
locally in vancouver, I would imagine either the aftermath of an earthquake, devestation to utilities, no food/water, or the collapse of US government/civil war across north america would cause an influx of armed citizenry to mobilize.
nothing outside of that do I see as remotely possible.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join