It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is just silly.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
everyone is actually so free in America they try to start their own Nation...

I mean we've all seen this before right?

it starts with a compound... next thing they're drinking laced Flavor-Aid...

have fun

edit on 23-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by Hydroman
Ok, so let's say I have a belief that gods do not exist. I also have doctrine that I follow that reinforces this belief. Now what?
edit on 23-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

You do have the belief that God doesn't exist.

You are using terrible logic!

You can not use a double negative to support your claim of Atheism being a belief system!
You do not "believe something does not exist," you DON'T BELIEVE it exists. It's really that simple! Why are you over complicating it???

The prefix "a" in atheist means without, lacking, or not!
Without theism, lacking theism, NOT THEIST.
We do NOT believe in a god.

Lack of belief. No belief. That is not a BELIEF. Why do you have such a hard time understanding?

No one believes in a god when they are born, and we still don't believe in a God after silly claims are made that there is one. Just because YOU have a belief, does not change our lack of a belief into a belief as well.
edit on 3-23-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

regardless of the logic... this debate is settled by Law.

atheism is a religion,,, it's a hard swallow I know

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

That is probably one of the dumbest claims I have read on here. At least satron was closer on point than that.

Doesn't even deserve an argument.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Settled by law because of the atheist's actions, even if it is hardly related to what its followers believe, but more so for tampering with a tried and true and best method that has come along in all history.

the American Way... it's the best we have right now.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

That is probably one of the dumbest claims I have read on here. At least satron was closer on point than that.

you are free to research this for yourself... I do not feel you guys worthy of a long elaborate thread or post proving it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

you are free to research this for yourself... I do not feel you guys worthy of a long elaborate thread or post proving it.

I do not need to 'research' the term that means the exact opposite of religion.
Sorry.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Settled by law because of the atheist's actions, even if it is hardly related to what its followers believe, but more so for tampering with a tried and true and best method that has come along in all history.

Again, the only thing I positively have in common with other atheists is that we do not believe gods exist. Anything else we could totally differ on.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I do not really care what atheism's adherents or followers believe of their minority. I rather believe the US Supreme Court and the governmental think-tanks involved with making and passing law... the do have a little more experience in it, most of them hold degrees on various subject and they surely are not posting on some conspiracy website!

who you think the masses are gonna believe... the bone-in-nose atheist's or the Supreme Court?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I rather believe the US Supreme Court and the governmental think-tanks involved with making and passing law... the do have a little more experience in it, most of them hold degrees on various subject and they surely are not posting on some conspiracy website!
Do you agree with every single law they pass? Can you think for yourself?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I rather believe the US Supreme Court and the governmental think-tanks involved with making and passing law... the do have a little more experience in it, most of them hold degrees on various subject and they surely are not posting on some conspiracy website!
Do you agree with every single law they pass? Can you think for yourself?

He is a theist. Of course not.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Again, the only thing I positively have in common with other atheists is that we do not believe gods exist. Anything else we could totally differ on.

I believe morals and laws came from somewhere... maybe the atheist are supposed to use some of those laws in their utopian society without giving notice to its Christian roots?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I believe morals and laws came from somewhere... maybe the atheist are supposed to use some of those laws in their utopian society without giving notice to its Christian roots?
You don't think morals and laws existed before christianity? Where did Hindus get their morals and laws? Greeks? Egyptians? Bhuddists? Sumerians?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
even still amongst all the bad that is reported about America I believe we have also done alot of good... sometimes you have to fight fire with fire!

Take a look at North and South Korea, it was divided down the middle... what do you see down south when you look at google earth?

Take a look at Israel... it was divided and partitioned a few times by the British... have a look on google earth at Israel and then scan over to their neighbors! Even with the wealth of the Arab nations the only things lying around over there are PRG's and kids with mini-AK's

there is so much more... atheist are running a little behind on the game, we've already established union here.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

we have already established union here and even still amongst all the bad that is reported about America I believe we have also done alot of good... sometimes you have to fight fire with fire!

Take a look at North and South Korea, it was divided down the middle... what do you see down south when you look at google earth?

Take a look at Israel... it was divided and partitioned a few times by the British... have a look on google earth at Israel and then scan over to their neighbors! Even with the wealth of the Arab nations the only things lying around over there are PRG's and kids with mini-AK's

there is so much more... atheist are running a little behind on the game, we've already established union here.
I guess I'm not following you here. Are you making the claim that atheism is a new concept? If so, well that's not the case, but let's say it is. So what?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Being Atheist is similar to being Mormon.

In that a person will ask you a question - - then stare you straight in the face and tell you - you are wrong.

When I was Mormon - - first thing I learned: Non-Mormons are experts on Mormonism.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

So, since I require evidence for gods existing, but do not believe it until I see some credible evidence, what does that mean for me?

It means you can belief whatever you want. Say you had evidence of God's existence, doesn't matter which one. Would you say you believe in that God? You could, but even more than that, you'd know God does exist. Wouldn't you hold your knowledge above your beliefs? Would you believe something when you had knowledge otherwise? I would hope not.

Very possible. I don't claim to know that it is a 100% fact that gods do not exist, I just simply do not believe they do. They could, I just do not believe as of now.

You're most likely right, you don't know if Gods exist or not, or else you are withholding some pretty heavy information. And since you don't know for sure or not, you just believe one way or the other.
edit on 23-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I see we've circled back to LACK OF BELIEVE - - - again.

Nothing is still nothing.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

You don't think morals and laws existed before christianity? Where did Hindus get their morals and laws? Greeks? Egyptians? Bhuddists? Sumerians?

more specifically Americas Laws and Morals... which is stated in our Constitution and Deceleration of Independence and also signified by our separation of Church and State.

atheist are in direct konflick with Christians and the founding principals of the United States and our laws and rules... it is all they know of.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
It means you can belief whatever you want. Say you had evidence of God's existence, doesn't matter which one. Would you say you believe in that God? You could, but even more than that, you'd know God does exist.
It all depends. There is evidence for evolution. There is evidence for the big bang. Do you believe those things happened, even though there is evidence for it? You still can't know 100%, imo. It just depends on how much evidence you have. So with evidence, you could still choose to believe or not.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join