It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's a good topic to talk about with Jehova Witnesses going door to door?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Peter Ruckman said a man was wonto Christ through a dream, in which he climbed a ladder for what seemed to be a very long time. A surprised angel asked how he got there and forced him away.

"He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep."
-- from John 10

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Don't be a clown. Have an intelligent conversation with them and save the hijinks for those who deserve it.

I also get a good laugh when a member of one organized religion calls another religion a cult, so thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I am a excommunicated Mormon turned christian deist but i still keep a book of Mormon around just in case the Jehovah's Witnesses show up.

For some reason they just don't like Mormons.

Now for the Mormon missionaries at the door its easy i just tell them that i am excommunicated and offer them a cold beer.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I would generally be considered a Calvinistic, old school Baptist, pre-Trib Rapturist, and Young Earth Creationist. I believe that Messianic Jewish observations are symbolic, that charismata are possible but often misapplied.

I believe that mankind is a threefold being made in the image of a Living God - a body, a mind, and a spirit.

I believe that the heathen are in many respects accurate, in terms of mental discipline, but not in respects to the spiritual.

I have had unusual experiences but do not believe they are necessary to salvation.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Offer them a 3x5 card printed with the evidence in the Bible for the Trinity. Works with Mormons, too. Any false religion does not believe in the Trinity. For more information on the Trinity click on my name.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I had a visit (don't know if JW, but I guess so) last weekend. They invited me over for a celebration (at 5.april, dunno what it was about, sry), I said "Thank you, but we are secular." and they acted surprised "Hey, nobody told us that before!?".

Then they tried the old "But you do believe in god creating the universe, etc.?" - "Sorry, but the kid is crying, I have to prepare lunch." - "okay, bye then".

Well, I felt a little bit sorry for them, going from door to door on a weekend - but if they think that it is their duty to do so, then so be it.

Fact is, if you are polite and FIRM, they will leave. I would not be surprised if those two would come back, but I'm prepared.. The old "dinosaur-bones millions of years old were a TRICK?!"-debate should entertain us for some minutes..

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

lmao this guy knows the correct procedure

if they see your in the house answer door in hooded robe and say your pagan/jedi
they rather friendly to the latter
but say your pagan just for kicks
wouldnt suprise me if they tried to exorcise you of satan

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I just say

"Nope, not gunna buy it. I do admire your ability to peddle your faith like a magazine subscription. Good luck with that"

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167

The biggest mistake you can make is to engage them. This will guarantee a return trip from them every weekend.
They are always ready for debate and they will slowly suck you in to endless discussions on biblical interpretation.

Not true. I think I was black listed by the JWs, the Mormons as well. As a Christian, I look forward to speaking to both groups, but only after a visit or 2, they avoid me like the plague. They bank on the fact that 99% of Americans have no confidence or understanding of whatever it is they believe in. Most people create a religion themself, picking and choosing what they like, disregarding what they don't. Entertainment is more important to most Americans, while matters of eternity are placed on the back burner. This is why many refuse to engage them, and simply don't answer the door, they are unable to defend what/why they believe in something. You would be suprised how many are duped into joining their cults, because they have a wobbly foundation (including name only Christians).

My suggestion is to actually study the New Testamnet, theology, ancient Greek, and Hebrew. You may learn something, and be equipped to take them on

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I just ask them how much money they give to the church each week. They answer with a percentage figure. Then I raise my eyes to the heavens and pronounce that God thinks they are greedy little bastards. Rich, but greedy.

At the higher levels of all churches the god they admire most is money.

"Give up all and follow me" was such a simple message!

P

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Ask them when the first ever mention of a devil or hell was....no? 3100BC, where? the Egyptian Book of the Dead, how? because TPTB (not Pharaohs) at the time needed to create a new god witch everyone would obey, as they had many gods for just about everything. So they created Apophis the god of darkness who comes out every night to eat the sun god RA. The purpose was to bring together farmers from lower and higher Egypt to create better wealth and control of masses....

I would the go on to mention how moses was a learned man of Egypt thus how the concept of hell continued, then probably mention Jehovah's Witness believe in the same monotheistic, non-trinitarian Almighty Father as Jews yet pit against them....

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just tell them...."I was expecting you....the prophet Mohammed said you'd come"

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Why bother? You won't change anyone's mind.

Offer them kindness, smile and say "thank you for your interest in me! I have my own ways but I appreciate you."

If you argue, you are worse than they are.

I always give them a minute of my time.

And when I see them coming I always pick up my big black rooster and tuck him under my arm. It is funny how salesmen and religious people get nervous when approached by a smiling lady with a rooster under her arm...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

It's hard for me because I am relaxing, so I have to get up put some clothes on to open up the door and tell them that they are fearless for knocking on all front doors of the public but that you bothered me, so God bless with a smile and a closed door.

There is only one problem. Why are they so fearless to knowck on everyone's door and not walk up to them on the street? They are ignorant because they are discourteous. If they were intelligent they would not interupt people but stay in the street and approach people were the real love is needed. We Do Live In An Ignorant World. My goal this week is that any time I am frustrated with anybody I am going to force a smile.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I just say I am not interested but "Thank You anyway".
True Story: My nephew Jay was going door to door ministering for his church. He knocked on a door and a little old lady opened it.She said "You aint one of those Jehova Witnesses are you?"
He said "No M'am...I am Pentecostal"
She yelled "that's worse"
and slammed the door in his face.

edit on 19-3-2012 by grumpydaysleeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
When I am being asked about my beliefs I usually resort to my study of mythology and the occult. It's not really an accurate representation, but I like to study religion, both eastern and western traditions.

Oberon Zell has a great article called "We Are the Other People".

www.paganlibrary.com...

I always get myself embroiled in a debate discussion when Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons knock at the door. I think it's fun as long as I've time. If I don't - they are never rude to me so I'm not rude to them. It's not illegal or immoral to knock on my door and request my time. It also takes quite a bit of conviction to have the guts to so. People can be cruel.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why ever would you WANT to talk with them? Theyll come back FOREVER! JUst use this word: APOSTATE.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by katfish

Offer them kindness, smile and say "thank you for your interest in me! I have my own ways but I appreciate you.".

That's more or less what I do as well. I then say good luck and have a nice day and I shut the door.

Thirty second interaction at best. I don't see what everyone is so worried about.
edit on 19-3-2012 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
First and foremost:

One should never invite them in. The Bible tells us that those preaching/teaching another gospel to let them be accursed..... we are not to bid them Godspeed.

Best solution: Post yOUR statement of faith upon your door.
JW's tend to dislike talking about Christ's Holy blood offering/sacrifice and only think Jesus was a prophet So they dislike and do not know what to say to Christ's being GOD in the FLESH.

John ..Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Leave a gospel tract on your door to show them the ONLY way whereby man may be saved.

But word of advice, never let them get that foot in the door. They can trip many a baby Christian up in their walk.

My 2cnts. Take care!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

we are not to bid them Godspeed...

... lest we be partakers of their evil deeds.

It is also written not to make covenants with unbelievers.

But, nominal Christians are so quick to give endorsements of moral authority.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join