It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Hour 2012 launched today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Earth Hour 2012 is a global event referring to the environmental cause all around the world celebrated in different ways.

The event will take place on March 31 2012.

But how many of us remember this or do something for this cause.

BANGKOK, 16 March 2012 (NNT) - World Wide Fund for Nature Thailand (WWF) is launching Earth Hour 2012, held this year under the theme "I Will If You Will", to raise awareness on the issue of climate change and sustainability

Earth Hour 2012 is a global event in which households and businesses worldwide are invited to turn off their non-essential lights for one hour, to campaign for an environmental cause.

In 2011 more than 5,200 cities and towns in 135 countries worldwide, including Bangkok, switched off their lights during Earth Hour, and the media have hailed the event “the world’s largest campaign for the planet.”

Mr Treerat elaborated that if world populations continue to consume resources at a faster rate than the nature’s ability to accommodate, the planet’s natural resources will be depleted in less than 50 years. With the world moving towards a 2 degree rise in temperature, which would render it uninhabitable, more sustainability action needs to be taken. “I will If You Will”, he said, is a challenge between individuals and between corporations, empowering people to do what they can to save the planet.

source(thainews.prd.go.th...

I hope we all contribute in a way to Earth Hour 2012 to protect the environment as each can.

join