It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Time with Bill Maher: Voters In Mississippi

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Are you now going to tell me the blacks who voted for Obama are fueling the Birthers?

Ohhh wow...Thread derailing...What does this thread have to do with birthers? Stop making up things as you go along.
edit on 13-3-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by Annee

Are you now going to tell me the blacks who voted for Obama are fueling the Birthers?

Ohhh wow...Thread derailing...What does this thread have to do with birthers? Stop making up things as you go along.

I am not derailing the thread and you know it.

The post to me was racism works both ways. That blacks favored Obama because he is black and some whites are racist against blacks.

Racists will use anything to discredit Obama because he is black. If there are any black Birthers - - it is miniscule. The Birther agenda is as racist as you can get.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What does birthers have to do with racism, and the state of Mississippi? So is Bill Maher a birther?
edit on 13-3-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Of course it works both ways.

Thanks for agreeing.

Sorry, I'm not sure what race has to do with the birther thing.

While it might for some be the basis for their fervor over the anointed one's questionable heritage, I do think some just would find the circumstances fishy regardless of his skin color.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
hile it might for some be the basis for their fervor over the anointed one's questionable heritage, I do think some just would find the circumstances fishy regardless of his skin color.

You referring to Obama as the "anointed one" - - doesn't really bode well for your objectiveness.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

hile it might for some be the basis for their fervor over the anointed one's questionable heritage, I do think some just would find the circumstances fishy regardless of his skin color.

You referring to Obama as the "anointed one" - - doesn't really bode well for your objectiveness.

Hi Annee
Did Spock forget to drop off your oxygen? I'll have a talk with him.
Would you mind if i communicate with you in Romulan or Galactic Totalindeffference.
I am new to this site and must admit that your tags and lables seem like a cry for help. If it is really all just a sherade then you should be tossed to the trebbels or whatever those scrubbing bubble things are.
What Data do you use to disagree with the statement about Obama?

Anointed is a common European expression of the "top dog". And please get all fussy with me about the anology. Top dog just means king of the hill. Damn, now i did it. No not the Tv Texan. Oh crap Annee beam us up.

You feel better now?

I am well aware why "anointed" is used for Obama.

I hate to mention spelling - - - but that would bode well for your credibility.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

You referring to Obama as the "anointed one" - - doesn't really bode well for your objectiveness

I don't like his politics, his personality, his demeanor, his agenda, his lack of qualification, experience and many other things. I hope you are not calling me racist?

I never claimed to be objective when it comes to my preference for the man...I can't stand anything about him.

I had to serve him as Commander in Chief yet truth be told I don’t think he’s qualified to be in charge of one Soldier on any mission to include sharpening pencils. Objectively speaking he certainly wouldn’t pass the background investigation for a security clearance for top secret information – yet in our current idiocracy he’s got access to it all. Scary stuff.

All that said…I could give a crap less what his skin color is. When it comes to race I think I am objective enough.

It is the cult of personality that surrounds him that scares me the most; which is why I use those terms for him - besides the would be funny of they weren’t so dangerously accurate in the eyes of his supporters.

I don't like Santorum - he's a religious loon. Gengritch (sp) represents the worst of what makes Washington tick. Romney looks and acts like he's trying to sell me a used car. They are all white - I don't like them either.

Ron Paul has zero chance unfortunately but will probably get my vote.

My favorite was Herman Cain but he's out...can't have everything I guess.

Anyway - lets not derail this dudes thread any more. Cheers Annee -night!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

You referring to Obama as the "anointed one" - - doesn't really bode well for your objectiveness

I don't like his politics, his personality, his demeanor, his agenda, his lack of qualification, experience and many other things. I hope you are not calling me racist?

No - absolutely I am not. I do feel it was beneath you to use demeaning slang. It affects credibility.

I can't stand anything about him.

Based on what?

Objectively speaking he certainly wouldn’t pass the background investigation for a security clearance for top secret information

You base that on what? Please stick to factual information.

It is the cult of personality that surrounds him that scares me the most

Meaning what/who? Illuminati? I do not understand your meaning of "cult of personality".

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

No - absolutely I am not. I do feel it was beneath you to use demeaning slang. It affects credibility.

Based on what?

Objectively speaking he certainly wouldn’t pass the background investigation for a security clearance for top secret information

You base that on what? Please stick to factual information.

Meaning what/who? Illuminati? I do not understand your meaning of "cult of personality".

Ahaaa your tags are just a spoof for the unwary and spelling illiterates like me.
BTW can you get news and current events where ever the heck you are at?
If you cannot just search for "The failings of Obama" on your computer.
It will bode well for you. Bill has a ask don;t tell policy so you are cool.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Based on what?

I am pretty sure that I was clear; up above -

I don't like his politics, his personality, his demeanor, his agenda, his lack of qualification, experience and many other things.

He's a liar and a politician - that enough for me to dislike him in general.

Originally posted by AnneeYou base that on what? Please stick to factual information.

Ok, let’s keep this easy - I am Army so I'll use that regulation which is AR380-67 (you can Google the pdf for it). I was a military intelligence officer and one of our jobs was to interview and do background checks for individuals who had applied for a TS SCI clearance.

Now, the individual discloses everything for the past 15 years - medical, mental health, financial and where they lived and worked. This is fact checked by dates and times and any discrepancies must be explained. I see he may have some issues with the BC and other things there.

Then we go and interview his co workers, bosses, peers, friends, family and even - some enemies.

Understand this is all subjective. Whatever they say is considered.

We'll find out that there are a few 60's radicals if not terrorists in the woodpile there Barry.

Hate professors with racial agendas, religious fringe movements with violent statements toward whites and the government in general.

It would not be going so well.

Just to point out there is only a lawyer at the end after all the reports are ready and he gets one chance to rebut/explain any information to the satisfaction of 6 Army Colonels.

However, there are a few objective things that will result in a denial of clearance without much leeway...

Excessive unexplained travel outside the US in countries hostile to the USA.

Meeting with or associating with revolutionaries, subversives, or other organizations and individuals who advocate the violent overthrow of the US government.

Associations with Marxist groups or the Communist Party.

Then there is of course drug use, promiscuity, etc...

Alone one of these items will delay a clearance but with a good enough explanation you'd get it about a 1-2 years after you apply.

A few in combinations might even be overcome

If you regularly committed/engaged in any or all of these behaviors/acts will result in denial of the clearance request.

I am pretty sure that the messiah has admitted to all of those acts and we have some on tape and in print in his books.

So had he been hired with DOD, or enlisted or commissioned in the Military - he'd not have been given access to our classified information. Ironically - now he not only sees it he can show it to whomever who chooses by Executive Order - scary.

Please start another thread if you wish to debate my hate for Obama - my hate has zero to do with race and or the State of Mississippi and/or Bill Maher. I can give you piles of witty diatribes on why I hate him and his often mouth breathing minions.

Sorry, no aliens or illuminati here.

A cult of personality develops when a person uses mass media, propaganda, or other methods, to create an idealized and heroic public image, often through the use of unquestioning flattery and praise.
Cults of personality are associated with dictatorships. Sociologist Max Weber indicated that the cult of personality holds parallels with what he defined as "charismatic authority".
A cult of personality is similar to hero worship, except that it is established by mass media and propaganda rather than the subject’s actions.
If people react to the President like they did Elvis 40 years ago…I’d say that’s a sure fire Cult of Personality. Another example Kim Jung Il, Stalin, Fidel Castro and dare I say Adolph Hitler all had their cults of personality.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The Birther agenda is as racist as you can get.
Making sure someone is properly qualified for a job according to the law is hardly racist, when there is plenty of reason to believe he may be hiding the proof and supplying fraudulent evidence of his qualifications. Being racist and making sure the law is followed are two completely different things.
edit on 14-3-2012 by bitfreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Now imagine this thread was about Rush Limbaugh and attacking Muslims with crazy beleifs? This whole thread would be much different. My guess is all the people attacking southerners and the GOP, would be defending Islam and Muslims with claims of bigotry, Islamophobia and racism. Another great example of hypocrisy from the left.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
one this that this video makes me realize is that to ignorant, non-educated people on the lower strata of the socioeconomic ladder, being Republican (to them) is the same is being a god-fearing christian or being white. It's a religion they've succumbed to, they wear it on their sleeve and they actually let it inhibit the ability for rational, self-motivating advances of their immediate conditions.

In other words....."They bought their tickets...They knew what they were getting into...........I say...Let em Crash!"

edit on 14-3-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I live in the South and it feels like I am on an alien planet. People honestly talk, act, and look like this. I tend to avoid Wal-Mart due to the ignorance, as you can walk into any Wal-mart in the south and more times than not people will be either talking about Jesus or how much they hate Obama. They will even attempt to make small talk, even the employees at the register, about one or the other subject.

Yesterday in fact i had to swing in to Wal-Mart to pick something up quickly, and the person behind me in line at the register made a comment about the prices of food going up and how Obama was trying to destroy America because he is a Muslim. The girl at the register agreed and said that Obama ruined the economy and that no one will ever be able to retire because of Obama. The guy then said it was due to him being Muslim, and she also agreed and said that Jesus would fix things. They both then started regurgitating right-wing fox news talking points about prayer in schools and how Obama wanted to attack their religion and turn our country over to the terrorist Muslims. The man after me then mentioned how he was on food-stamps and unemployment benefits and it is all Obama's fault.. Oh the Irony...

Those like this are directly voting against their own self-interest, and they do it because the Republican idealogy has been fused with their religious beliefs, requiring both, otherwise one would be in sin. Conservatism is more the Religion, which has hijacked actual Christianity.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
my god! we need to send aid to these places , forget africa! LOL

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
one this that this video makes me realize is that to ignorant, non-educated people on the lower strata of the socioeconomic ladder, being Republican (to them) is the same is being a god-fearing christian or being white. It's a religion they've succumbed to, they wear it on their sleeve and they actually let it inhibit the ability for rational, self-motivating advances of their immediate conditions.

In other words....."They bought their tickets...They knew what they were getting into...........I say...Let em Crash!"

edit on 14-3-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

I think this is very true.

And I think democrats know this and that is why they just write off these states. There is no use in campaigning and trying to use facts and logic to people like this.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

That's very interesting to hear from someone who lives there. Maybe the video isn't as unbalanced as I thought. I have no doubts that there are more people like that in Mississippi than there are in most states...but I just didn't realize it was so wide spread.

Last year I did have to stop in Georgia on a road trip and had to go into Walmart. I do have to say...I feel like I stepped through a portal to a different world.

Those like this are directly voting against their own self-interest, and they do it because the Republican idealogy has been fused with their religious beliefs, requiring both, otherwise one would be in sin. Conservatism is more the Religion, which has hijacked actual Christianity.

And this was the main point I was trying to get across in this thread. The Republicans have used religion, racism, and patriotism (false patriotism in my opinion) to convince a large segment of people to vote directly against their own interests.

I think it is quite sad.
edit on 14-3-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here is the problem.

You try to justify making choices for these people instead of letting them make their own.

Sure, their views may not align with your own. You might not agree with their aged beliefs and some of their ignorant or more racist views, and that is fine, neither do I. But what I can agree with is the statement that in the old times people used to get up off their butts, work, and didn't have to worry about government giving them a leg up.

Are they stupid because they don't want government intrusion in their lives or because they believe in a higher power?

I just don't get it. You act like they need saving. They don't. Do they bother you? Do they come to your door and force you to believe in their views? Some try, but most of them don't. They keep to themselves. And so should we.

Why does everyone care so much about what their fellow man does or doesn't believe in? Isn't freedom the idea that we are allowed to believe in whatever the hell we want without being ridiculed a reprimanded for it? Without being forced into an idea of slavery because our ideas don't fit in with the norm?

Apparently not anymore.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Now imagine this thread was about Rush Limbaugh and attacking Muslims with crazy beleifs? This whole thread would be much different. My guess is all the people attacking southerners and the GOP, would be defending Islam and Muslims with claims of bigotry, Islamophobia and racism. Another great example of hypocrisy from the left.

Who is attacking southerners???

If anything I think people are expressing sympathy for them because they are drowning in the lies of the GOP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join