It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Again, do the due research autowrench. I'm noticing a disturbing trend from you. For the purpose of being anti-christian, you seem to be readily willing to sacrifice common knowledge and concretized evidence. Perhaps your weird adulation to the Sumerian culture is blurring your vision.

Hmmmm. Let me see. according to you, my "devotion" to the very first High Culture on Planet Earth, thousands of years before anything that could be called a Church came along has "blurred my vision," as you say. You sound a lot like a preacher that lives down the hill from me, according to him, all History was authored by Satan, and is not to be paid attention to. Is that your stance also?
Christianity is a child, it is new in the big scope of things. Christianity is meant for control of a people, to instil fear to a degree one never leaves, and to teach of an outside Divine that you can never find, or know, without the Church. I found the Divine, right here inside me. Didn't need anyone to point it out, or didn't need to do anything but look for it.
All Roads Lead to Ancient Sumer, whether you like it or not. You cannot just erase history.

Sumer was the first civilization AFTER the flood.

There's much evidence to suggest there were civilizations in the pre-dilluvian age.

Like it or not, the Sumerians owe their origins to one of the Bibles most famous characters. After the flood, Noah's son Ham and the Hamites dipersed far and wide. They would become the ancestors of the Sumerians. Nimrod was a Hamite.

Historians and mythographers have long tried to find links between Nimrod and figures from other traditions. The Christian Bishop Eusebius of Caesarea as early as the early 4th century, noting that the Chaldean historian Berossus in the 3rd century BC had stated that the first king after the flood was Euechoios of Chaldea, identified him with Nimrod. George Syncellus (c. 800) also had access to Berossus, and he too identified Euechoios with the biblical Nimrod. More recently, Sumerologists have suggested additionally connecting both this Euechoios, and the king of Babylon and grandfather of Gilgamos who appears in the oldest copies of Aelian (c. 200 AD) as Euechoros, with the name of the founder of Uruk known from cuneiform sources as Enmerkar.[9]

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 15-3-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

why didn't he write a journal, or at least why didn't one or two of his men write down something about him?

Well, let's see what he says about that.

John 5:31 ~ "If I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is not trustworthy."

He wanted others to testify of Him.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
keep on the hold keep em in the cold

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Very good on Hamites. When one gets to Nimrod the tale of the Biblical problems begin. Babylon used the teachings of the Mystery Schools of old to attempt to make themselves as god.

The issues of the Mystery Schools were about how man could cause a situation that would immortalize their ideas and image, but they all Died. Nimrod, Semaramis, and Tammus form the Babylon Trinity.

Those trying to make Jesus into god tried these same techniques, seeming to immortalize his message so as to return to the theme in the later times.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Typ

Coming up with some excellent recall of scripture ! That was solid.

I know a little, I believe a lot. my motto.
edit on 15-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vsc1981
I'm new to ATS and so far I've enjoyed it. The motto for ATS is deny ignorance and I recently came across some ignorance from some people on ATS. You see the bible is God's work. We all know that. Its what He had people of His choosing to write so it could be preached and taught to the whole world so that His most loved creation could learn of Him and worship Him. So they could know of His commandments and follow them. And also to prepare for the second coming of Jesus. To warn of impending disasters to befall man and destroy His creation earth. He wants us to love and obey Him, and to fear Him. Not to worship false gods or prophets. To believe in only Him and only His word. Now these people that i mentioned seem to think that there is these other books that would have God contradicting Himself. Saying things like Jews aren't God's chosen people and He didn't give the land of Israel to the Jews. So i guess I'm just looking for some support on these issues.

Really? Which edition of "The Bible" do you believe in? They all say different things.

....HINT: That should probably tell you something!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

He wanted others to testify of Him.

And yet another who thinks he knows what the man was thinking. It really astounds me sometimes, people actually think they know the mind of God, and what Jesus was thinking. How is it you come to this conclusion? I am just saying, Philo of Alexandria, (c.20 BCE—40 CE) also called Judaeus Philo, was in a position to know much of the story, but he mentioned not a single word. One thing that theists tend to say is that “of course Jesus is real, it says so in the Bible.” Of course, that tends to ignore that no one else mentions him that you would think should have mentioned him. Especially someone who actually lived at the purported time said mythical figure was supposed to exist.

Writers who Should have mentioned Jesus and his deeds:
PHILO: Philo Judaeus wrote very many books about Jewish religion and history, in the 30s and 40s, living in Alexandria, and visiting Jerusalem. Philo was contemporary with Jesus and Paul, Philo visited Jerusalem and had family there, and he was considered a Christian by some later Christians.
Philo wrote a great deal about related times and peoples and issues.
If Jesus had existed, Philo would almost certainly have written about him and his teachings.

JUSTUS: Justus of Tiberias wrote a History of Jewish Kings in Galilee in late 1st century. In not one of his writings do you read of Jesus and his teachings.

PLINY THE ELDER: Pliny wrote a great deal – his Natural History mentions HUNDREDS of people, major and minor, writers, leaders, poets, artists, often with as much reason as mentioning Jesus. Like many other writers of the time he talks about astronomy too, but never mentions the Star of Bethlehem or the Jesus story.

HERO of ALEXANDRIA: Hero(n) of Alexandria wrote many technical works, including astronomy. He was in a position to know of the Gospel stories about Jesus, he could have mentioned them, but did not.

There are a lot more contemporary writers of the time who wrote Jewish histories and never mentioned Jesus. Why is this? If his life and legacy a secret? Or is the truth of the matter even more shocking, that he never existed in the first place?
THE MYTH OF THE HISTORICAL JESUS

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Look, you asked why Jesus didn't write about Himself. I told you, from His own mouth. So apparently you didn't have a real question but were trying to be obnoxious and deceptive?

There are a lot more contemporary writers of the time who wrote Jewish histories and never mentioned Jesus. Why is this?

Because they assumed He was just another poor carpenter that was executed by Rome? How many other poor carpenters that were executed by Rome did these same historians talk about? None? Oh.. okay.

edit on 15-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

So if you are worshiped as the messiah in another 2,000 years through writings which use your wise words from ATS or elsewhere - don't tell me it couldn't happen - and they are arguing whether or not you are god, can they use the same rationale?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Really? Which edition of "The Bible" do you believe in? They all say different things.

You can't get a copyright unless you change 10 to 15%.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

So if you are worshiped as the messiah in another 2,000 years through writings which use your wise words from ATS or elsewhere - don't tell me it couldn't happen - and they are arguing whether or not you are god, can they use the same rationale?

What rationale are you talking about? I'll settle that future debate right here:

"I am not God."

edit on 15-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Copyright is man's law, not god's. God apparently said don't touch it even a little bit or else.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Copyright is man's law, not god's. God apparently said don't touch it even a little bit or else.

I totally agree. And if you look at the history of the people of God you soon realize we don't do what God says to do. That's why Jesus came to shed His blood for us.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vsc1981
I'm new to ATS and so far I've enjoyed it. The motto for ATS is deny ignorance and I recently came across some ignorance from some people on ATS. You see the bible is God's work. We all know that. Its what He had people of His choosing to write so it could be preached and taught to the whole world so that His most loved creation could learn of Him and worship Him. So they could know of His commandments and follow them. And also to prepare for the second coming of Jesus. To warn of impending disasters to befall man and destroy His creation earth. He wants us to love and obey Him, and to fear Him. Not to worship false gods or prophets. To believe in only Him and only His word. Now these people that i mentioned seem to think that there is these other books that would have God contradicting Himself. Saying things like Jews aren't God's chosen people and He didn't give the land of Israel to the Jews. So i guess I'm just looking for some support on these issues.

What's funny to me is that people say these things about god... capitalizing God, Him, He, etc... but they never call him by his real name. The name that HE says that he has:

Exodus 6:3
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Psalm 83:18
That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

Isaiah 26:4
Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

Why is this?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Let's say that all of this is not rubbish and actually completely true - though misinterpreted I believe - I don't think most christians follow the teachings of christ.

Instead of translating the bible and related books, maybe we all ought to have learned the ancient laguages they were written in...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

While I am on this, one more thing. Why is it when someone says they "talk to Jesus" they are fully accepted, and all peers believe without question....then another person says they talk to an ET, and that is automatically a Demon. Or a person sees a dead relative, and that too is a Demon. How does one come to that? How does one believe in, without question, a man of which no evidence exists, but not in things that are real, and tangible, like Ancient History?

There's sufficient amount of evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ

You're confusing me autowrench.

You seem so intent on denying the existence of someone based on evidence, right here on Earth, but you're claiming to talk to aliens?

Aliens that live on other planets?
That only talk to you in dreams?

That's odd, you're a man of the facts, but you think aliens are talking to you?

Just curious, what do they say to you?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Let's say that all of this is not rubbish and actually completely true - though misinterpreted I believe - I don't think most christians follow the teachings of christ.

Instead of translating the bible and related books, maybe we all ought to have learned the ancient laguages they were written in...

There are some good translations out there.

My favorite is the English standard Bible, but I do like reading the original versions.

If you ask me, the translations started getting screwed up after the Greeks got their hands on it. Yeah, the Greeks really chopped it up.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I'm no bible scholar and I'm sure a quick search would help me on this, but if you can help I would be grateful. Were there original greek scrolls or was greek also only a translation?

edit on 15-3-2012 by Garfee because: I missed like, 3 whole words

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The burial Box of Jesus Brother is back in the news:

=======

www.huffingtonpost.com... main-nb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D143808

The saga began in 2002 when Golan sent the ossuary with the Aramaic inscription "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus" to Toronto's Royal Ontario Museum. Shanks was among its early enthusiasts, publishing the first report on it in 2002.

========

edit on 15-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Lots of antiquities thefts makes a mess of accounting

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
What they forgot to tell you in this book, OP, is that it's all lies and a method of control... It makes for good stories though
. I hope i get to see the day when the Abrahamic religions are exposed for what they really are-- lies, lies, and more lies.. it sickens me how easily you Christians are fooled; I too used to be a christian until i started asking questions and thinking for myself.. I hope you wake up and see the truth.

What truth is that? That it's not possible to attain the christ consciousness? The only thing I hold against Christians is looking outside themselves for their savior. I think there have been many messiahs. They are born in each age, but the problem with a messiah is that everyone wants to worship them, instead of doing the work themselves. The initiatory path is a hard path to walk. There is a difference between having faith and actually knowing.

I think the Jesus of the bible must be a conglomeration of different beings that did attain that higher consciousness. I would also like to know who was crucified. All we have to go on is Appolonius of Tyana. Following a religion is not the best method, because it's still a diversion from discovering what is within.

Believe me, I did commune with that truth. That consciousness IS real. This is something noone can prove, but can only experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join