It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Wow, cowgirl awesome story. My tale of how my atheism was totally annihilated:

While home on leave from the Navy at the age of 22, all alone in my parents house, I open up a huge white Catholic Bible sitting on the coffee table and INSTANTLY the power of GOD hits me and I KNOW that it is a supernatural book. I am thinking OMG! OMG! and all I can do is find my notebook and copy every bit of information about the publisher of that book so I could go buy the exact same book. I knew NOTHING about the Bible being raised a heathen and so thought I had to find that exact same book.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by reitze

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I like you. Keep that spirit going, question everything. You seem informed, I like that. It doesn't really matter to me what day Christ's birth fell on. We know it could not be December 25th. All that matters is that He was born.
Another Religious Lie...and the Churches of various Christian sects as well as the Vatican KNOW is a Story created by a Mistranslation of the Bible...is that MOSES DI NOT PART THE RED SEA....Moses crossed the REED SEA...a Grassy Tidal region near the Med.

Evey Hammond (in V for vandetta):
My father was a writer. You would've liked him. He used to say that artists use lies to tell the truth, while politicians use them to cover the truth up.

Me:
Even if the whole bible is fiction or the whole divinche code thing gets proven, the character in the bible is still my hero, better than Hoard Roark and Johnathan E. And BTW, Howard is still quite relevant.
edit on 3/14/2012 by reitze because: and to or

I have a certain Job I perform on occasion so the truth for me is something I am a stickler for because I do not want myself and team to become a statistic.

If something occurs and it is changed via it's documentation and peoples lives were taken...then I find that the truth is very important to Honor those who have fallen. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

One last question...can you ride a horse? I have had to ride hourses in the last few "JOBS" that I get sucked into doing. I much rather be dropped in by chopper and Huff it the rest of the way...but in my opinion...MEN were not ment for riding a Horse.

Even though I know a bit about horses as I grew up near some farm land near a very large SAC base....I would run by some large Morgan Horses every day I took that route. They would see me coming and on my way back...I would stop at an apple tree that was growing on my neighbors considerable acreage of land and pocket as many as I could in my running shorts and carry as many as I could in my hands or shirt or hoodie if it was chilly. Then I would stop to see them and give them some apples...they LOVED APPLES...andit got to be a habit.

They had a sense of humor...if I was out of apples and If I turned by back on them...they would reach their long and huge necks and heads over the wire...put their snout against my lower back and LAUNCH ME INTO THE AIR! FAR TOO! Then which ever one was responsible would whinney or laugh His Ass Off! Smart Horse!
Split Infinity

I had a smart arabian horse. I know exactly what you mean there. I also had a raven that was smart enough to talk and sing with us every morning. Its cage (opened forever after 2 weeks) / perch was outside our bedrrom window. He'd follow me when I took my horse for a ride too. The only animal my raven hated was our pig. The raven crapped on the pig relentlessly. It was like the pig was the ravan's bathroom. And that pig smelled like crap too.

link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Ya get cut off there bud? Were you gonna go on a rant about how no version of the Bible is the same, and there are protestant and catholic bibles? Please, I am desperately intrigued.

link   
reply to post by Soulece

Wait, you're saying not to pick a side by choosing a religion but don't realize that by standing on the sidelines you are picking a side? Interesting.

What is to say that one religion is right and another is wrong when much of it ultimately comes down to faith? Scholarly research is a good place to start. The Bible has a pretty good track record of recording actual history. What about evidence for God in general? The entire creation sings His praises. And what I mean by that is that it makes much more sense to believe that an all-powerful being created the universe than to rely on scientific theories that often dont make any sense or have MAJOR faults in them, none of which can be PROVEN because we cannot recreate the universe nor can we travel back in time and see the creation take place.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

reply to post by SplitInfinity

I like you. Keep that spirit going, question everything. You seem informed, I like that. It doesn't really matter to me what day Christ's birth fell on. We know it could not be December 25th. All that matters is that He was born.
Another Religious Lie...and the Churches of various Christian sects as well as the Vatican KNOW is a Story created by a Mistranslation of the Bible...is that MOSES DI NOT PART THE RED SEA....Moses crossed the REED SEA...a Grassy Tidal region near the Med.

Evey Hammond (in V for vandetta):
My father was a writer. You would've liked him. He used to say that artists use lies to tell the truth, while politicians use them to cover the truth up.

Me:
Even if the whole bible is fiction or the whole divinche code thing gets proven, the character in the bible is still my hero, better than Hoard Roark and Johnathan E. And BTW, Howard is still quite relevant.
edit on 3/14/2012 by reitze because: and to or

I have a certain Job I perform on occasion so the truth for me is something I am a stickler for because I do not want myself and team to become a statistic.

If something occurs and it is changed via it's documentation and peoples lives were taken...then I find that the truth is very important to Honor those who have fallen. Split Infinity

The ultimate truth revealed by the bible doesn't depend on the truth of the details (many of which have been verified). My faith won't be challenged by events that could come like the fall of Catholicism, revelation of UFOs or offspring by Jesus himself. Not that I expect those things either - but I have heard some of the outrage over that movie that was so entertaining.
edit on 3/14/2012 by reitze because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/14/2012 by reitze because: quote mark fixin again.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

Buddhism is called a religion btu it is more like an ideology or even just a lifestyle. The main point in Buddhism is that life is pain" and in order to eliminate pain we have to eliminate desire. The ultimate goal of Buddhism is to reach Nirvana, a place that the Buddha himself couldn't describe and is typically understood to be non-existence. Buddhists believe that NOTHING is permanent. Buddhism also fails to explain how we got here.

Any religion worth its salt is going to explain how we got here, what our purpose is, and where we are going.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I am new here myself but old in the fact I have been here for many years reading. This is my thought on this thread and hopefully will not offend anyone. We are raised to a certain extent to feel the world around us and take from this world what we learn and turn it into a belief. Many years ago I began searching for the truth about Ufos and archaeology. This led me to paranormal interests. And then religion. While I was raised in a church I felt a personal need from childhood to learn and understand the world around me when it came to my beliefs. Yes I am a Christian and yes I do believe that Jesus Christ died for my personal salvation. This is my right. This is part of my education. I have fought for the right to believe in my faith and savior. I think the op simply is trying to share what he has taken from life and share with others. There's nothing wrong with that. And there is nothing wrong with people who disagree. It's your right. While I agree that man has had his hands on the bible I also agree that the message is still the same. Just the same that we can all agree that every single piece of literature that has ever existed was touched and created by man. So therefore those who call true Christians sheeple are also sheeple themselves. How can any of us not be. We choose to follow only what our forefathers learned and wrote and we too will pass our message on to the future. True Christians are not religious. We are Christians who believe that god simply inspired a message to help aid us in our struggle with good and evil. A map of footsteps that that may lead many people to their fullest. So many people say how can we follow a god and savior responsible for crusades against humanity yet we don't look to the understanding that the TPTB were responsible for these atrocities. Not true Christians. Yes we do have to stand up for what we believe in and yes we may have to fight and die for our cause. This is no secret. True Christians are humble, caring, patient, nonjudgmental and want nothing less than to share our knowledge and belief. We were given free will to think and choose what we believe in. Pick up a bible. Don't let man or personal emotions read the book for you. Clear your mind and make a choice. Then make a decision on who Christians are. You may find that Jesus really was your savior. Maybe not. But that's your free will.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Agreed,Buddhism is a philosophy. I might quote you on your definition of religion, it was sysinct and accurate.
I will leave this thread now, have Bible Study early tomorrow .

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel
reply to post by Soulece

Buddhism is called a religion btu it is more like an ideology or even just a lifestyle. The main point in Buddhism is that life is pain" and in order to eliminate pain we have to eliminate desire. The ultimate goal of Buddhism is to reach Nirvana, a place that the Buddha himself couldn't describe and is typically understood to be non-existence. Buddhists believe that NOTHING is permanent. Buddhism also fails to explain how we got here.

Any religion worth its salt is going to explain how we got here, what our purpose is, and where we are going.

During my personal reading quest Buddhism was a set of helpful concepts. A doorway to lucid dreaming, and even daydreaming. Focusing the mind to a point and finding the kingdom of heavan truly is within you. But now how do you get Christians to comprehend that without speaking their language?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Except only three of them are actually laws.
You can't base a legal system on "You will have no other gods before me..."
By the way, isn't that kind of admitting that there are other gods?
New law: All other gods are rubbish. This one is fabulous. Ignore the other ones.

Want Sharia law? Of course you don't. For exactly the same reason I don't want Christian law.
Basing any laws on bronze age mythology is not being realistic.
Shall we write Leviticus into law? I mean ALL of it? Not just the selected 'popular' bits.
We could re-write science while we're at it. Bats have feathers, you know.

As Stephen Roberts said, “I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I doubt it's a surprise to anyone that isn't one but this thread boasts some of the stupidest examples of christians available for ridicule.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1

Except only three of them are actually laws.
You can't base a legal system on "You will have no other gods before me..."
By the way, isn't that kind of admitting that there are other gods?
New law: All other gods are rubbish. This one is fabulous. Ignore the other ones.

Want Sharia law? Of course you don't. For exactly the same reason I don't want Christian law.
Basing any laws on bronze age mythology is not being realistic.
Shall we write Leviticus into law? I mean ALL of it? Not just the selected 'popular' bits.
We could re-write science while we're at it. Bats have feathers, you know.

As Stephen Roberts said, “I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

We've got amazing amounts of nonsense pushed off as "science" these days. The $$$ powers direct what gets studdied and how the "peer reviewed" results get spun. Everything from global warming for CO2 taxation to OPIUM sales with 1/2 the USA being "on something" prescribed, and the other 1/2 being "on something" else.

BTW, I had a cigarette today (I average a few/year for the last 15 years)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
I doubt it's a surprise to anyone that isn't one but this thread boasts some of the stupidest examples of christians available for ridicule.

I'm available for ridicule, but my IQ exceeded the scoring ability of the tests I took (160 was their max). I've also said and done some stupid things. Prolly here too.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Murgatroid

Ya get cut off there bud? Were you gonna go on a rant about how no version of the Bible is the same, and there are protestant and catholic bibles? Please, I am desperately intrigued.

Sorry, no rants from me. You think YOU were intrigued? When that experience happened, it was as if I met God face to face! I knew He was in the room, but it was only in the form of supernatural knowledge that was instantly uploaded into my spirit. It was simply God saying "I wrote a book!" And that began my journey to read "His" book and seek Him out. It was the first of several Divine encounters over many years. All false religions including Catholicism are something engineered from the pits of hell.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

And if we wanted to, we could go and post about all the stupid posts by *fill-in-the-blank* people as well. Nice job trolling, Care to contribute to the conversation?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I really need to get with the ATS program and post condescending remarks within the first page of a thread for stars.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel
reply to post by Soulece

Wait, you're saying not to pick a side by choosing a religion but don't realize that by standing on the sidelines you are picking a side? Interesting.

What is to say that one religion is right and another is wrong when much of it ultimately comes down to faith? Scholarly research is a good place to start. The Bible has a pretty good track record of recording actual history. What about evidence for God in general? The entire creation sings His praises. And what I mean by that is that it makes much more sense to believe that an all-powerful being created the universe than to rely on scientific theories that often dont make any sense or have MAJOR faults in them, none of which can be PROVEN because we cannot recreate the universe nor can we travel back in time and see the creation take place.

We cannot travel BACKWARDS IN TIME....YET...but it has been proven and done...that we have been able to travel FORWARD IN TIME. This experiment has been done several times. Two Atomic Clocks are placed into Sync on Earth...one is left on Earth...the other is placed aboard the Space Shuttle. The Shuttle launches and reaches orbit and orbits the Earth at a High Rate of Speed.

After a week of orbiting...the Shuttle returns to Earth and the Two Atomic Clocks are compared. The Clock that was on the shuttle is slightly behind in time...compared to the one left on Earth. This means via Time Relativity and Dialation....that being that the faster and further away from a Celectial Gravity Well...the Earth in this case...you travel...when you return to Earth...the Shuttle...the Clock and everyone on that shuttle have jumped a small amout of time into the FUTURE!

If the Speed was increased as well as the distance away from Earth Traveled was increased...the greater the amount of time would the Shuttle and everything and everyone on it jump a greater amount of TIME INTO THE FUTURE. If it was possible to increase speed to say half the speed of light...186,300 miles per second...over time as you would have to slowly increase acceleration as not to kill anyone from G-Forces....many months may pass on the Craft used but MANY YEARS WOULD PASS ON EARTH.

Traveling Forward in time has been done and proven. BACKWARD TIME TRAVEL could result in a PARADOX so you may be traveling backward in time to a Seperate and Different Created Divergent Universe.

The real way to efectively travel through Space/Time would be to Fold Space by creating a Condition of ONE DIMMENTIONALITY or SINGULARITY which is what Gravity is anyways...a representational effect of One Dimmentionality where all points of position in Space/Time are the same point. Thus you would be able to go anywhere at anytime. Some out of town associates are capable in this form of travel. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
I really need to get with the ATS program and post condescending remarks within the first page of a thread for stars.

Who told you the gnosis? You're too new to know that.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

I'm available for ridicule, but my IQ exceeded the scoring ability of the tests I took (160 was their max). I've also said and done some stupid things. Prolly here too.

You big nerd. Seriously now, mine was tested at 151. Never got me any chicks at parties in high school though, and I had mediocre grades in school. I just refused to do homework and crammed for the tests.

edit on 14-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join