It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to Israel: Don't attack Iran this year and we'll give you weapons.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Is our US Foreign Policy makers drunk?

This is just breaking about the recent meeting between Obama and Netanyahu, apparently Obama has offered upgraded weapons to Israel to encourage them not to attack Iran during the year of 2012.

Sure Mr President, lets allow Iran the time they need to refine their Uranium so they can annihilate Israel and in exchange we will give you weapons to defend yourselves.

Whats wrong with this picture?

Is an attack on Israel imminent, are we just buying Iran more time and ensuring that they are succesful?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Is an attack on Israel imminent, are we just buying Iran more time and ensuring that they are succesful?

On Israel? If the attack would be on Israel it wouldn't be them receiving bombs capable of destroying bunkers.

And buying Iran time? That's ridiculous. If people would still have any drop of decency and truth left, the time would be given for diplomatic measures to take effect, instead of bombing the crap of each-other. Not to give Iran time to build a nuclear bomb (assuming they are actually doing that, which is doubtful).

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Everybody knows that to use a nuclear bomb effectively you need time to refine the uranium. Iran is hostile towards Israel, there is nothing new to see here, other then the US and their change of position.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Everybody knows that to use a nuclear bomb effectively you need time to refine the uranium. Iran is hostile towards Israel, there is nothing new to see here, other then the US and their change of position.

Where to start....

You enrich uranium, you do not refine it. For weapons grade you need 95% or higher purity for a weapons grade level, but you can get away with lower grades for "dirty weapons".

Iran, according to the IAEA, you know, those guys actually trained in looking at these sites, confirm that Iran is enriching uranium to 20% purity, used for medical isotopes (same as here in Cannuckistan.) Iran has signed the NPT and is well within it's guidelines.

While the religious nuts in Iran are quite hostile to Israel, it is Israel who is making the threats, and has been for DECADES.

But i wouldn't want any facts to get in the way of your racism.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Maybe they should give Iran nukes if they promise not to attack Israel... Then we would have a more level playing field.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

And buying Iran time? That's ridiculous.

Isn't it though? Consider the country that's hell bent on attacking them has itself a clandestine nuclear weapons program, refuses to sign the NPT, refuses to open their sites for inspections, and is guilty of attempting to sell nuclear weapons to south africa.

Actually, it's beyond ridiculous.

Sadly though, it will work, and the bombs will be dropping, and the oil prices will be jumping, and all your politicians who have invested in oil and defense contracts will reap more and more profits while their hands are soaked in blood.

Is unrealistic hatred of brown people really worth destroying civilization?

You push Iran, you are pushing Russia and China, and THOSE two countries can push back.... HARD.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
israel doesn't need weapons to defend themselves, nor for any other reason, it's just a bribe like many others that go on every minute of everyday between governments. as to the reason why, i have no idea.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Its funny that ron paul wants to give israel sovereignty so they could attack iran if they wanted, but meanwhile the media calls ron paul anti semitic. I guess being semitic is letting iran get a nuke?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I don't know why, but Obama want's the current leadership in Iran to stay in power.

Libya? Get rid of Ghadaffi..
Syria? See-ya, Assad!
Egypt? Buh-bye Mubarak.
Afghanistan? I'm sorry.
Iraq? We've already left.

Iran? Nothing on the Green Party in 09, left them to die. Now? Obama will bend over backwads to protect Iran.

Why?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

This is just breaking....

do you have a source ?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The USA does not need to give weapons to Israel, we give them 10's of billons of dollars every year. They could buy or make their own.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

But i wouldn't want any facts to get in the way of your racism.

Wow. Your first reply contains the race card.

Now anything in support of Israel defending themselves from a hostile neighbor is racist..

The left has spoken.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

weird, i heard the bunker breaking bombs were already delivered to the israli army end of 2011/start of 2012.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think its quite simple. Obama is enabling and emboldening our enemies. At home and abroad.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Regardless, I think we all know how Israel may respond.

Seems how we have all but thrown them under the bus.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

FOX news is having a hay day with this breaking story. When asked about it on camera, the WH mouthpiece, little boy with glasses, Jay Carney, looked like a deer caught in the headlights. He mumbled and stumbled his way through a not quite denial. Was worth the watch....

I knew Netanyahu would find a classy way to get his dig back at Obama for the live mic incident....I didn't know it would be this good.....

Karma's a bitch comes to mind......

Des

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So wait, hang on...if I was Iran and knew I'd be bombed to # after the election, I sure would start raining fiery death down on Israel before that would happen.

Think that's the move...make them strike first then play the blah blah victim card?
edit on 8-3-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

There was a story that I didn't see on ATS a few weeks ago where NBC talked to the Iranian leadership where they basically blamed Israel for the assignations on National Television all while denying that the US had any involvement.

Anyone else catch that one?

The hypocrisy

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I think thats just it, Obamas up for re-election and if that happens there would be repercussions on both sides.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join