It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Shelves Iran Military Option

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Looks like WW3 has been postponed.
Israel shelves military option

NEW YORK – Ron Prosor, Israel’s ambassador to the United Nations says Jerusalem believes diplomacy is the preferred course to resolve the current nuclear standoff with Iran. “We should really pursue and focus on the sanctions and the diplomatic elements in trying to bring the regime in Tehran to reassess the way they want to go forward,” explained the Israeli diplomat.

so much for 39 days
so much for all the banter
could this be the calm before the storm?
Iran pushes its "No Nukes Here"
Israel says " Nope we will just put the squeeze on a little tighter"
edit on 4-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/3/12 by masqua because: all caps in title

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

posponed until they figure out how to kill the most people with the least effort. time will tell.
edit on 4-3-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

la2

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
could it be that the thought of Putin backing Iran has put everyone off for the time being, this idea that North Korea has already tested the Iranian bomb might get tempers flaring again though

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by la2
could it be that the thought of Putin backing Iran has put everyone off for the time being, this idea that North Korea has already tested the Iranian bomb might get tempers flaring again though

that depends on if there is any intel that Russia bought back all of its military machine it sold off in the '90's

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I was just watching some Israeli diplomat on CTV say that the Military option is still a go and that they are removing the containment scenario.

There are only 2 options now. Strike the facilities to deter further nuclear progress or diplomatic solutions.

of course there is a 3rd and thats to remove the Iranian leadership if they can.

la2

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Moscow has upgraded alot of it, by selling it to the chinese for refitting, the russians get 40 year old aircraft still able to perform well and the chinese get the tech they didnt have already, hense the China/Russia love in of the past few years.

Iran knows it has Russian backing, and I dont think either Israel or the US want to get into any war where Russia and China are possibly on the opposing side.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I was just watching some Israeli diplomat on CTV say that the Military option is still a go and that they are removing the containment scenario.

There are only 2 options now. Strike the facilities to deter further nuclear progress or diplomatic solutions.

of course there is a 3rd and thats to remove the Iranian leadership if they can.

we will not see option 3 as Iran will suppress any of that from MSM

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
"If you wish to feign confusion in order to lure the enemy on, you must first have perfect discipline; if you wish to display timidity in order to entrap the enemy, you must have extreme courage; if you wish to parade your weakness in order to make the enemy over-confident, you must have exceeding strength."

The art of war part V
www.alcyone.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm still sceptical on wether we will invade Iran or not (we being NATO - as per usual Israel will sit on its arse).

Yes tensions are running high and gas/oil prices are shooting up but still, can we afford a war with all these cuts and austerity?

Well I can tell you one thing, I bloody hope us Brits don't get involved as the Argentines are crying over the Falklands again and British Territory comes first I'm afraid!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Israel has no means of making an effective attack on all if iran's sites. Not alone.

They're waiting for the US to go and do their dirty job... as always. Until the US gives a green light on their support, israel will do nothing against iran besides those little covert ops.

And by what I read in Times magazine, they REALLY need the "U.S Air Force"...

So if the US says "NO" then Israel will not risk an open conflict they have zero chances of winning. Plus theres the issue of sheer size. If they do something in Tehran, the rest of the country is still there, if someone touches tel-aviv well... might as well destroy the whole country since israel is the size of... what? A family car? So... it doesnt take that much effort.

Actually Iran can invade israel, but it cant happen the other way around. But since Iran doesnt share the wish for war, they'll stay put.

Now Syria... Syria is the key! And it seems people are blind to that fact and focusing a lot on Iran when is actually Syria that holds all the balance on that area. A lot depends on Syria's stability.

la2

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

A world war would act as a global ecenomic reset button, like WWII, you have no need for the luxury stuff so you just make weapons, and let other countries have them and pay you later, WWIII will save the worlds econemies.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
So, the decission to strike Iran have been finally taken.
Also, the fact that Obama supports democracy (lol) and no red line were set, means one thing only : US has given green light to Israel to attack.

I expect Iran war to start next week.
Everything is in place and green light had been given.

When Obama said no to red lines and israeli diplo said attack postponed = the attack is imminent and green light have been given.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

I agree about a WW happening with in the next few years. You can tell something would happen when some idiot put us into recession for no reason.

Anyone notice how our economies "suddenly" collapsed? It's because some feckwit decided to tell the government to enter recession.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

They're waiting for the US to go and do their dirty job... as always. Until the US gives a green light on their support, israel will do nothing against iran besides those little covert ops.

Hmm. And where US did Israeli's dirty job? In 1948 war of independance with famous US armored columns... Oh wait, did not happen.
Then probably in 1956 when Israel pushed US into striking ito Egyptian territory... Oh wait, actually it was Israel/UK/France with US saying no.
Surely in 1967 war when US stroke at Syria/Egypt/Jordan and Israel sat on its ass waiting for the blcokade to be lifted. Nope. Was not so.
Clearly in 1973 when there were US foces on the ground and in the air fighting with countries attacking Israel... Wait. It actually were Soviets in Egypt ,vs Israelis.
Surely in 1982 Lebanon war US invaded Lebanon to stop the rockets and fought with Syrians. Nope. It were still Israelis.
Intifadas? Gaza war? Second Lebanon war? Clearly US forces.
Or maybe you speak about first gulf war that Israel did not participate in,did not start it, did not want it and still was bombed without any option to launch an attack because it could upset the alliance?
About second Iraq war and Afghanistan war that Israel had nothing to do with?
About fall of Lybia with Qaddafi who was not hostile to Israel and did not provide weapons to Israeli enemies?
About Syria that is on Israeli border and Israel does not do anything?
Get your facts streight. nobody fought Israeli wars for Israel. There was equipment help, financial help, intelligence and training. Well, guess what? Same help was given to Israeli enemies ,only by different states.

Actually Iran can invade israel, but it cant happen the other way around. But since Iran doesnt share the wish for war, they'll stay put.

Iran cannot invade Israel for the same reason Israel cannot invade Iran. No mutual border and no capabilites to transfer huge armies needed for the task via air or water. And Arab states between Israel and Iran have no love for either. Saudi Arabia pressures on US on Iranian nuke thingy no less then Israel does. Only quietly.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is just one more example of Israel
bending over backwards to make this work peacefully.
Sure I know there is little that sanctions will do
in actually stopping IRAN from building the
nuclear bomb.

Israel is giving IRAN evey chance in the world
and even has went so far to make sure they are
comfortable.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Even if it's just words, I'm glad to hear them.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

I agree, all thats missing now is the false flag mission. Probably a religous site in Israel, lets see.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Hmm. And where US did Israeli's dirty job? In 1948 war of independance with famous US armored columns... Oh wait, did not happen.
Then probably in 1956 when Israel pushed US into striking ito Egyptian territory... Oh wait, actually it was Israel/UK/France with US saying no.
Surely in 1967 war when US stroke at Syria/Egypt/Jordan and Israel sat on its ass waiting for the blcokade to be lifted. Nope. Was not so.
Clearly in 1973 when there were US foces on the ground and in the air fighting with countries attacking Israel... Wait. It actually were Soviets in Egypt ,vs Israelis.
Surely in 1982 Lebanon war US invaded Lebanon to stop the rockets and fought with Syrians. Nope. It were still Israelis.
Intifadas? Gaza war? Second Lebanon war? Clearly US forces.
Or maybe you speak about first gulf war that Israel did not participate in,did not start it, did not want it and still was bombed without any option to launch an attack because it could upset the alliance?
About second Iraq war and Afghanistan war that Israel had nothing to do with?
About fall of Lybia with Qaddafi who was not hostile to Israel and did not provide weapons to Israeli enemies?
About Syria that is on Israeli border and Israel does not do anything?
Get your facts streight. nobody fought Israeli wars for Israel. There was equipment help, financial help, intelligence and training. Well, guess what? Same help was given to Israeli enemies ,only by different states.

Iran cannot invade Israel for the same reason Israel cannot invade Iran. No mutual border and no capabilites to transfer huge armies needed for the task via air or water. And Arab states between Israel and Iran have no love for either. Saudi Arabia pressures on US on Iranian nuke thingy no less then Israel does. Only quietly.

Well said ZeroKnowledge... well said...

Applause and stars for you... If I may, I will cut and paste this info for my own records...
I am truly glad Israel has chosen this path... now lets hope Iran is telling the truth and possibly this insanity called nuclear weapons can be mutually stopped.

However, I intend to make a post soon regarding why this sudden change of heart for Korea, Iran and Israel.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

However, I intend to make a post soon regarding why this sudden change of heart for Korea, Iran and Israel.

they are starving to death and maybe somebody from both sides will see if Korea Unifies there could be a strong Nation with both food and Natural Resources
edit on 4-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Iran does not have the ability to invade outside of its borders.Hence its desire to put atoms on a rocket with a fuse long enough to reach Israel and then split the atoms on impact for massive effect. Of course the Palestinians are a collateral you haven't figured out yet but you will. Bring on your Holy Man.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join