It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Apologizes for Calling Sandra Fluke a 'Slut'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I couldn't care less what celebrity/"journalist" said what.

What I don't understand is why the Repubs continue to keep this issue alive when they are getting crushed in social media and everywhere else. You already have a "Republican War on Women" meme entering into the political debate now.

I might add that many independent and moderate women don't care what that idiot Bill Maher says on his cable show that no one watches as it has no real world political effect on their lives.

Limbaugh, on the other hand, has been demonstrated over the years to be directly connected to the Republican establishment and their talking points and is therefore connected in people's minds to actual legislation like what is going on in Virginia and other places.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

It's awesome, isn't it. They couldn't be dumber.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Rush shouldn't bite the hand that feeds him. Huge mistake.

MARKETING TO WOMEN QUICK FACTS

I Am Woman, Hear Me Shop

Working women ages of 24-54 -- of whom the U.S. has some 55 million -- have emerged as a potent force in the marketplace

Women make more than 80% of buying decisions in all homes.

Whether their efforts involve retraining sales staff or redesigning products, companies that pay attention to the female consumer could hit the mother lode.
emphasis mine.

Rush/his sponsors can kiss the "mother lode'" goodbye. The CEO of one of the companies that pulled their add is the father of two daughters Sandra's age. He didn't sound too happy.

Rush's apology wasn't by choice his boss made him do it. Bet he needed a pill or three after that meeting... wonder if insurance covered it?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

An evergreen guide to what the Left is doing or plans to do is to listen to what they accuse their political opponents of. Along those lines, incandescent in its projection, cynicism, and hypocrisy is the latest mantra emanating from the Democrats of the “Republican War On Women,” based on nothing more than some crude comments (since apologized for) by a talk-show host aimed at a Democrat feminist activist who thinks that the world owes her free (and expensive) contraception and, moreover, that it should be done in violation of the religious conscience of Catholics. Of course, they don’t want their demagoguery to be distracted by the annoying reality that their own misogyny and assault on women is much more virulent, and has been going on for much longer.

source

Barack Obama is not without sin. His administration made life brutal for women.

And I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear Obama explain to Sasha and Malia about Cee Lo Green (and Daddy is a fan of Cee Lo) and why Daddy arranged for someone to sing F*ck You (a song to a woman) at Daddy’s fundraiser. Don’t miss Green flipping the bird as well.

(Chorus)
I See You Driving ’round Town
With The Girl I Love And I’m Like,
# You!
Oo, Oo, Ooo
I Guess The Change In My Pocket
Wasn’t Enough I’m Like,
# You!
And # Her Too!
I Said, If I Was Richer, I’d Still Be With Ya
Ha, Now Ain’t That Some #? (ain’t That Some #?)
And Although There’s Pain In My Chest
I Still Wish You The Best With A…
# You!
Oo, Oo, Ooo

Yeah I’m Sorry, I Can’t Afford A Ferrari,
But That Don’t Mean I Can’t Get You There.
I Guess He’s An Xbox And I’m More Atari,
But The Way You Play Your Game Ain’t Fair.

I Picture The Fool That Falls In Love With You
(oh # She’s A Gold Digger)
Well
(just Thought You Should Know Nigga)
Ooooooh
I’ve Got Some News For You
Yeah Go Run And Tell Your Little Boyfriend

(chorus)

Now I Know, That I Had To Borrow,
Beg And Steal And Lie And Cheat.
Trying To Keep Ya, Trying To Please Ya.
‘Cause Being In Love With You Ass Ain’t Cheap.

I Picture The Fool That Falls In Love With You
(oh # She’s A Gold Digger)
Well
(just Thought You Should Know Nigga)
Ooooooh
I’ve Got Some News For You
I Really Hate Yo Ass Right Now
(chorus)

Now Baby, Baby, Baby, Why D’you Wanna Wanna Hurt Me So Bad?

(so Bad, So Bad, So Bad)
I Tried To Tell My Mamma But She Told Me
“this Is One For Your Dad”
(your Dad, Your Dad, Your Dad)
Uh! Whhhy? Uh! Whhhy? Uh!
Whhhy Lady? Oh! I Love You Oh!
I Still Love You. Oooh!

This sounds like a truly touching Obama family melody. Maybe Obama can share some of Cee Lo’s other dubious remarks with his daughters as well. Maybe he could share all of this history with the kids. Maybe he could say “Girls, ain’t that some sh*t?”

Source

Is there a way to recycle all this crap into something that we can benefit from and move forward?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I don't listen to Rush, but there is soooo much hypocrisy coming from the political "left" (if that's even what you call them) it isn't even funny.

First off, anyone with a functioning brain could easily understand what Rush meant by calling Fluke a "slut". Who in their right mind (especially someone in the spotlight playing for the side that gets demonized by MSM in a heartbeat) would publicly state that someone they've never met is a literal slut; that they are literally sexually prolific? Rush was implying something else: people see through the B.S. about "meanie Republicans want to outlaw contraception" and see what it's really about... getting stuff for free at taxpayer's expense. Birth control pills when used to regulate hormones, the menstrual cycle, and to treat cysts are already covered by most, if not all state governments. My mother has to use them for medical reasons (non-contraceptive) and she has her medical insurance provided by the state of Ohio because her husband works for the Department of Rehabilitation there. And about it being $3000 a year is also an outright fabrication for the majority of women. I asked my mother how much she pays and it's right around $250 a year, which is pretty average. Only the very small percentage of women that have to have it topically or intravenously applied have to pay much more for it. This is according to mom, a woman in her 40s that has been dealing with personal, female medical issues most of her life.

The hypocrisy: no one made that big of a fuss about it when Laura Ingraham was called a slut by Ed Schultz, Sarah Palin was called a # by Bill Maher, and Michelle Malkin was published in Playboy as #1 in the "Top 10 conservative women that deserved to be hate f**ked". Agree with their politics, or don't. It doesn't matter. The Democrats/Left/Progressives (whatever the hell you want to name them) have a double-standard leaning in their favor and there's obvious truth to it all.

Last but certainly not least, Republicans/conservatives don't want to outlaw contraception. This is a red herring trying to distract everyone from the real issues at hand. What Republicans/conservatives do not want is their tax dollars subsidizing birth control pills so that women can have all of the unprotected, guilt-free sex they want without having to pay a dime for what should be their own personal responsibility. If it's for credible medical reasons, sure! That is absolutely reasonable. Also, condoms exist. Latex allergy? Condoms made from alternative materials exist. There is an option for everyone that wants to practice safe sex and none of them cost $3000 a year. What a crock.

<< 1  2   >>

join