It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Contact Writing Contest [CWC] [Winners announced]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Wow, this is pretty awesome. Do these contests happen regularly? It's been a while since I've tried my hand at fiction. Weekly I write an opinion column for a website, so a break from "journalistic" writing is nice.

This isn't the best I could dish out, but it was the first thing to come to my mind. Most likely wont be ANYWHERE near being considered a winner, but it was fun to write it. Though, I did get some major writers block near the end and it feels kind of rushed to me. Oh well. Check it out.

Found Journal [CWC]

That was a great story!

S&F

There are so many great story's in this contest.Heck,every time I believe I have read a winner,someone else posts a even better one.

I haven't had to buy a book to read this month,and that's worth saying.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Suddenly, without warning, you see them and you know they can see you. What I'd like you to write about is the reaction a character of your choosing might have to this event. You can be anyone, even yourself, but you need to write it as if it is all happening personal and upfront.
sounded like fun up until this point.. I simply don't feel like writing a story that way...shame because its a cool topic...maybe next time...

cool photo though is that a giant tree or a giant tree shaped rock?

-TF

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
My entry is here. Better late than never!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now I am off to read everyone else's entry. BT

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtForms

Suddenly, without warning, you see them and you know they can see you. What I'd like you to write about is the reaction a character of your choosing might have to this event. You can be anyone, even yourself, but you need to write it as if it is all happening personal and upfront.
sounded like fun up until this point.. I simply don't feel like writing a story that way...shame because its a cool topic...maybe next time...

cool photo though is that a giant tree or a giant tree shaped rock?

-TF

Personally,I would write the story,regardless of the rules....

Might not win the contest,but I would sure like to read what you might have to offer,especially if its based on science fiction.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

last time I did that it began a series of 'not following the rules' that got me banned once upon a time, and the story got pulled before I got to read any of the comments posted, though the private u2u's I got about it suggested people really liked it
haven't had as much success with any other works posted since but it happens.. thanks for taking an interest...

-TF

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
And the winners are:

boncho
Alien's landing on CNN - No one will believe this

sonnny1
The Lord

xFloggingMaryx
The Shooting Star from Jupiter

Congratulations and thank you all for participating in the creative writing contest.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Tumultuous times, but I enjoyed this one well. Can't wait for the next one to rework some stories into the next theme..

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Congrats B man.

Well deserved

Bring on the next contest.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The next contest will be up within 24 hours. I've a trip out of town later this PM to take some paintings down from a recent showing, so it'd either be before or after that little journey.

On a side note, it was wonderful to see so many wonderful entries for the [CWC] competition, quite a few of which were a joy to read.

This is one area of ATS where trolling seems to be at a minimum. Thanking all who flagged and responded

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Ever think about having an Honorable Mention as well? There were sooo many good entries, it seems a shame to just name three.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Congratulations to the winners! Awesome work guys and gals!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Agree.

There were many good stories posted.

Congrats everyone!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
Bring on the next contest.

Here it is

Grab that sceptre... erm, I mean pen and lay down some lasting rules of the collective way forward.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Congrats to the winners, truly deserved

Bring on the next one.....

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This forum has the most creativity on ATS.
Imagine if all threads were so well thought out?
Congrats to all who contribute.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Congatulations to the winners.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Congrats to the winners.

Wll try again. . . .

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I find these contests "too late".....or else, I have no 'talent' to compete.

ALL Contestants!!!

Well done....(Applause)......

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

The next contest will be up within 24 hours. I've a trip out of town later this PM to take some paintings down from a recent showing, so it'd either be before or after that little journey.
good luck, your paintings are something special for those with eyes to see...

This is one area of ATS where trolling seems to be at a minimum.

if the last year is anything to go by that statement will become progressively more potent as time goes on... somehow I think this area and a handful of others on this site will end up as the last few pockets of civility... perhaps to take its place alongside all the other pockets of online decency on other sites if things really start to hit the fan IRL... I plugged in the antenna for my tv for the first time in a month the other day, spent the whole night watching it, functioned like a zombie the whole time, caught an episode of 'the big bang theory' and could draw direct parallels between that and the most popular tv show in the fictional movie "idocracy" called "ow my balls"....

the status quo needs a haircut... hopefully it won't take too much away from the fringe when it happens...

Peace,
-TF
edit on 3-4-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join