It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Things You Didn't Know About Drones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I really have my doubts that the US Government will totally rely on drones. I mean drones can be negate by electronic countermeasure radio waves being broadcasted by other countries.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VoteJillSteinKatSwift2012

the new drones don't need communication, they are autonomous. The fly and do what they are programmed to do, just like a real pilot.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Technology advances too quickly.. the drones that are flying around now are most likely undetectable, so advanced you can't hear them see them or even know what tech is inside the thing..

I'm more worried about the ones spying on civilians

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Lovely... this sounds like just more of what we need.
Thanks for the info OP.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
A remote-crontrolled aircraft that does not require a pilot in it? Oooooooooold technology, they probably were testing these back in the 50's.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
There are already 1000's of them over the US on patrol...Watching out for us

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I knew a lot of these, and I feel several of them are kind of obvious. I will say that UAV's in civilian use is pretty neat, especially for advertising, which I have seen a lot of recently.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rexamus
What does it cost to get my own personal protection drone?

To answer I have to ask. What do you need protection against? And how much are you willing to spend?

As long as your objectives are not illegal, and oh yeah, its not on the military NOFORN or restricted technology list, sure. How many and what color? Oh, did I ask how much your willing to spend? That one can be the real "killer".

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by VoteJillSteinKatSwift2012

the new drones don't need communication, they are autonomous. The fly and do what they are programmed to do, just like a real pilot.

Even if they don't have a human at the end of an electronic umbilical cord, computers, circuitry, even fuel viscosity can still be remotely seriously screwed with...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
$300 for this quad. if you are any good at programming
you can design your own software and order it to do whatever you want
i reckon its feasable
worth a try
dont think theres any laws against using quad-drone bodyguard yet

androidcommunity.com...
edit on 6-6-2012 by jikwan because: spelling not right

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
A couple weekends ago, there was a manhunt for 2 escaped convicts. Of course this had to happen through my woods. While the chopper was up searching, marshall dogs out, we were in complete darkness back here in the woods and we could make out these small, silent flying 'things' going in and out of the woods...Never seen anything like it. It was also our first manhunt! Were these drones??

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If the drones can't bomb, what are they meant for? Maybe only for surveillance purposes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join