It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

members on the site crying about they can't find my sources

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
There numerous people on this site that can not read.
If they would either read the follow up to the thread or additional threads they would see
were the links are. They are pre-k of this site, I don't care neither does anyone who I work
with think about your opinions and neither one does anyone else.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by memphis007

I must admit, I have some difficulty reading your last sentence.

Originally posted by memphis007
[...] I don't care neither does anyone who I work with think about your opinions and neither one does anyone else.

English isn't my native language though, so maybe it's just me.
edit on 26-2-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well, it's considered common courtesy to provide a link to a source where other users can research what you are discussing, especially when it's something as outlandish as what you're claiming.

Could we enter "Area 56" into Google and search for info ourselves? Sure.

But, if you're going to be upset about users asking for links, then you should probably provide links, otherwise you're going to be asked for links, which is going to make you upset.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
And posters on the site whinging about people asking for sources....

Sheesh!

Put in links to sources to validate your claims. Its not rocket science.

Edit... whats with all the area56 whatever .com in all your topics? ?
edit on 26-2-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I DEMAND SAUCE!!

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Is area56 5 more than area51?

Maybe they have bigger aliens and things!

Makes area37 look entirely dismal.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yeah I put "area56" in my search engine, and go noting of value. I do not do Twitter, IMHO Twitter is for fools and people with nothing to do.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

enough said

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

don't care neither does anyone who I work with think about your opinions and neither one does anyone else.

Me thinks thou carest to much. Instead of taking your red wagon and going off miffed. Have some respect for us and for you. We take our claims seriously. We ask for sources from everyone, it is not personal, I know it feels that way, especially when you are new. We are genuinely interested in what you have to say, but we expect, when you are talking about something other than your opinion, you provide some evidence. You can grow and learn from being here, I know I have.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If you're tired of people asking for links, then start putting links in your OP. Don't make people hunt for links somewhere else in your thread or on a completely different thread. This isn't Twitter. You can use up to 5000 characters to make your thread. When you start a thread, state your case, provide links to information and post videos and pictures that support your case.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The burden of proof is always with the presenter.

Too bad religious people don't understand this either.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by memphis007
There numerous people on this site that can not read.
If they would either read the follow up to the thread or additional threads they would see
were the links are. They are pre-k of this site, I don't care neither does anyone who I work
with think about your opinions and neither one does anyone else.

And there are a few people on this site who post threads that are incoherent and cannot write. I'm not one to be a grammar nazi; I make typos all the time so I can't point fingers, but when your grammar and sentence structure are so poor that we can't figure out what you are trying to say, well, that's a problem. What we have here is a failure to communicate.

You just got here, what? A week or two ago? I took a look at the threads you have posted. Every one of them is characterized by the same lack of coherence. You make a number fo claims, but offer no documentation. Your sentences are often so ungrammatical as to be completely meaningless (as has been pointed out here.) Now you are angry that people are calling you on it? Unbelievable!

It's not like ATS is academia here. No one expects extensive footnotes. But if you are going to make claims, it is expected that you provide links to support them, especially of you are quoting someone else. This is not just an informal expectation. It's part of theTerms & Conditions you agreed to uphold when you signed up to this site. The onus is not upon us to simply "go find" them; the onus is upon you to provide them. Otherwise you are likely to be ignored.

If you conform to just the basics here I'm sure your contributions will be well received. But if you continue to post incomprehensible threads with no references, you can expect to be asked for clarification. That's kind of the way it is around here. If you decide to get angry about this, it's really your problem, not ours.

top topics

join