It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima, areas near nuclear plant may be unlivable forever, gov't says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
National Feb. 25, 2012 - 03:50PM JST

TOKYO —

The government on Friday said some areas surrounding the Fukushima nuclear power plant that was wrecked last year by a massive tsunami will likely remain permanently unlivable.

Measurements taken between November and January confirm earlier results which show a level of radioactivity of 470 millisierverts per year when the average, under normal conditions, is less than one per year, according to a government report released Friday.

www.japantoday.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
even if i was a local i wouldnt want to be anywhere near there. who would.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Containment zone is likely to grow signifigantly with time rather than get smaller.......
At least till the nuclear plants in question are gotten back under control even....
Though the possibility of further damage as a result of explosions has not diminished apreciably since the accident happened....
It remains a nuclear time bomb, awaiting the loss of cooling water.....
As soon as this occurs, the whole [problem starts all over again.....
Right now they are having heating problems and have been for weeks....
The habit the japanese goverment has of anouncing lower than actual estimates of damage etc....gives one severe pause to believe this is the maximum size of any exclusion zone.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Containment zone is likely to grow signifigantly with time rather than get smaller.......
At least till the nuclear plants in question are gotten back under control even....
Though the possibility of further damage as a result of explosions has not diminished apreciably since the accident happened....
It remains a nuclear time bomb, awaiting the loss of cooling water.....
As soon as this occurs, the whole [problem starts all over again.....
Right now they are having heating problems and have been for weeks....
The habit the japanese goverment has of anouncing lower than actual estimates of damage etc....gives one severe pause to believe this is the maximum size of any exclusion zone.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
No really???

Government, a year late telling the truth yet again.... and that's good according to their standards.

Next step in telling the truth : EXPAND THE EXCLUSION ZONE... BY A LOT.

Stinking Japanese government lying to their population has probably doomed MILLIONS to cancer... Certainly when you got that kind of stuff :
March 20th, 2011 – Navy Vice Admiral reports 150 millirem/hr Thyroid Dose in area south of Tokyo

1500 uSv/h... that means 36 mSv/day...

Current average dose limit for nuclear workers: 20 mSv/year

But eh, in ONE DAY it was already more than the limit for nuclear worker IN A YEAR...

And that was SOUTH TOKYO... Remember that 30-40 million people live in Tokyo.

Or that :

Prof. Christopher Busby goes on to say "There’s a very, very high level of contamination even as far south as Tokyo. For example, we found one sample in Tokyo that had levels of radioactivity higher than levels inside the Chernobyl exclusion zone. a Very serious matter."

The Japanese government needs to be brought to justice for these crimes against humanity...and they need to HANG HIGH.

Evacuate the WHOLE region. 250-300 km radius around Fukushima.
edit on 26-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ive been saying it since it happened: I expect the entire northern half of Japan to be a dead zone by the time this is all done. Possible the entire island.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

I have to agree, I wouldnt trust anythin within a hundred mile zone. The grass,trees,homes & everything is contaminated. I wouldnt even go back to pay a visit to see how my stuff is. I'd just cut my losses & relocate elsewhere. If i liked even as far as Tokyo oor the other side of Japan i wouldnt trust the water or food supplies & probably import everything due to paranoia!

top topics

join