It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music to die for !!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Please take a look at the below links i found whilst trawling the net for strange stuff. I wonder if anyone has ever heard this piece of music and if so are you still alive haha. Also i would be interested in any other pieces of music that you know of that can have effects on people mentally.

www.geocities.com...

www.qsl.net...

[edit on 19-9-2004 by thesaint]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Okay after reading this I decided to see if i could find it. After a quick kazaa search i found three downloads on it. Lets see what this song has to offer...

Powerful, yet sadly I do not feel the urge to jump off a bridge.

[edit on 9/19/2004 by SirKillallott]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Not too sure i would wanna listen to it myself but i would gladly await your results. Oh can you please post a disclaimer as i dont wanna be held responsible for your death lol

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
No don�t worry, nothing bad about the song. I don�t feel any urge to jump off a bridge nor do I feel any sorrow. It is a sad song but not to the point of suicide. Although I have only listened to song one of four that I have found... Maybe if I listen to it enough it will over power my will.

Edit- Time to listen to song two of song.

Edit- it seems to be having an effect on my cats (no joke), it does have the ability to send a shiver up your spine though. Especially after hearing about what I can do...

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hope your cats dont wanna hang themselves from the door frame by their collars. Id hide all paracetemol for the safety of your cats.

If you have 4 songs the one you need to listen to is Gloomy Sunday.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
All of the songs are labeled gloomy Sunday... They are sung by different artists though the lyrics are the same. I am currently trying to find one with just the piano playing as I am sure that the lyrics add or cancel out the effect.

-Found some more

- This is the original: www.barganews.com...
Sadly it does not contain the original lyrics
. I do not think it is possible to get a complete original unless you actually purchased one. Oh well, another day.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Also i would be interested in any other pieces of music that you know of that can have effects on people mentally.

I think all good music effects people mentally or emotionally to some degree. Beyond those normal effects, drumming, ryhthm, chanting, is often used in shamanistic ritual to create a trance state. Spiritual music is used in churches to elivate the mind. "Fight songs" are used in the military and in sports to rev up aggression. Every now and then controversy erupts regarding the supposed use of "backward masking" in songs to influence people, althouth I don't know if that has ever been proven to be effective. Certain kinds of music have also been shown to increase the rate of learning. Tones from bells or "singing bowls" are used as an aid to meditation. Going a litttle beyond music, audio "binaural beats" are used to actually entrain and manipulate brainwaves in products like the holo-sync or hemi-sync recordings.

Hemi-Sync� is an audio guidance technology that works quite simply by sending different sounds (tones) to each ear through stereo headphones. The two hemispheres of the brain then act in unison to "hear" a third signal - the difference between the two tones. This is not actual sound, but an electrical signal that can only be perceived within the brain by both brain hemispheres working together.

Here is their website: Hemi-Sync

It is an interesting topic. The mind can be influenced in many ways.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hmm,

This song, if the first link with the midi of it playing was in fact the song, I hear it all the time. And I seem to be ok. *looks* for suspicious scars.

Yep, I'm good. They play this quite a bit actually at the Goth club I go to, while it helps make the atmosphere, I think these goth types would do themselves in, with or without the music, lol.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
I wonder if anyone has ever heard this piece of music and if so are you still alive haha.

You will find a great version of this song on a Diamanda Galas album called Malediction & Prayer, and released in 1998 on Mute. That'll be pretty close to the original lyrically I'd say.

--- Disclaimer ---
Malediction and Prayer is about the easiest going of Diamanda's stuff - but that's "easy" as a relative term, as she could be described as an uncompromising listen - it's very rewarding, but it's err, not for everybody ... (deliberate lack of emphasis).

More of our lady Diamanda can be found here: www.diamandagalas.com...

And, wholly unrelated to Diamanda:

It was also on the flip side of a UK single released in the early 1980's by a Birmingham based band called Swans Way, the single was Soul Train.

Swans Way went on to become Scarlet Fantastic it appears - their site is here: www.scarlet-fantastic.co.uk... ... but after that you're on your own here - it doesn't look like my kind of place.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by 0951]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I dont know the link says it has to be a copy of the original track which have been banned for sale. Copies by other artists are obviously allowed i wanna hear a original copy it just seems hard to find one.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The English lyrics (which reportedly don't do justice to the original Hungarian) go something like this:

Sunday is gloomy, my hours are slumberless.
Dearest, the shadows I live with are numberless.
Little white flowers will never awaken you,
Not where the black coach of sorrow has taken you.
Angels have no thought of ever returning you.
Would they be angry if I thought of joining you?
Gloomy Sunday.

Gloomy is Sunday; with shadows I spend it all.
My heart and I have decided to end it all.
Soon there'll be candles and prayers that are sad, I know.
Death is no dream, for in death I'm caressing you.
With the last breath of my soul I'll be blessing you.
Gloomy Sunday.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just listened to a violin piano version. Lovely melody. Not my style thou

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
The English lyrics (which reportedly don't do justice to the original Hungarian) go something like this:

Sunday is gloomy, my hours are slumberless.
Dearest, the shadows I live with are numberless.
Little white flowers will never awaken you,
Not where the black coach of sorrow has taken you.
Angels have no thought of ever returning you.
Would they be angry if I thought of joining you?
Gloomy Sunday.

Gloomy is Sunday; with shadows I spend it all.
My heart and I have decided to end it all.
Soon there'll be candles and prayers that are sad, I know.
Death is no dream, for in death I'm caressing you.
With the last breath of my soul I'll be blessing you.
Gloomy Sunday.

Well really those aren�t the "original lyrics". I'm not saying it�s not just because it�s not in Hungarian but here are the original ones:

from www.the-flipside.co.uk...

original lyrics by rezs� seress:

�sz van �s peregnek a s�rgult levelek
Meghalt a f�ld�n az emberi szeretet
B�natos k�nnyekkel zokog az �szi sz�l
Sz�vem m�r �j tavaszt nem v�r �s nem rem�l
Hi�ba s�rok �s hi�ba szenvedek
Sz�vtelen rosszak �s kapzsik az emberek...

Meghalt a szeretet!

V�ge a vil�gnak, v�ge a rem�nynek
V�rosok pusztulnak, srapnelek zen�lnek
Emberek v�r�t�l piros a tarka r�t
Halottak fekszenek az �ton szertesz�t
M�g egyszer elmondom csendben az im�mat:
Uram, az emberek gyarl�k �s hib�znak...

V�ge a vil�gnak!

English Translation:

It is autumn and the leaves are falling
All love has died on earth
The wind is weeping with sorrowful tears
My heart will never hope for a new spring again
My tears and my sorrows are all in vain
People are heartless, greedy and wicked...

Love has died!

The world has come to its end, hope has ceased to have a meaning
Cities are being wiped out, shrapnel is making music
Meadows are coloured red with human blood
There are dead people on the streets everywhere
I will say another quiet prayer:
People are sinners, Lord, they make mistakes...

The world has ended!

Apparently the lyrics were changed and the song has even been somewhat altered but the suicidal effect is still supposed to be there. Though I have listened to it over 10 times already and I do not feel any urge to suicide (from it anyway). Bah I have already tried suicide several times, but when I pulled off one of the beams in my house trying to hang myself I gave up. Its then you know that you are meant to live...

Edit- BAAAAAAD quoting

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
yup... my cats are reacting to this song as well.

so am i...

while im not compelled to slit my throat, i do get a taste of metal in my mouth. (ya know, like when you bite down on a fork or something)... it goes away when the song is over...

strange...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It was originally a Hungarian song called "Szomorú Vasárnap" (translates more accurately as "sad Sunday," but "sad" has only one syllable in English and so it doesn't sound as good). There was a Hungarian/German coproduced film titled Szomorú Vasárnap in Hungarian (in German "Ein Lied von Liebe und Tod" and in English "Gloomy Sunday"). It's a good film. (And the actress is gorgeous.)

And here's some more info on the song/film/legend:

szomoruvasarnap.lap.hu... - This is a Hungarian page but it has links in both English and Hungarian (marked by ENG or HUN)

www.project109.net... - This is a collection of different versions of the song sung by various singers

I've never felt suicidal in the slightest listening to this song, and I've heard a great number of versions. Personally, I prefer the film version, either instrumental or sung in Hungarian. The American versions are too jazzy and not pretty enough.

And if you're interested in the lyrics, www.phespirit.info... are the original Hungarian ones (by the composer), and www.phespirit.info... are the ones most often used in Hungarian versions. Both have English translations. There are links to the lyrics in other languages too.

If you'd like to find more versions of the song that aren't listed on either link, you can use AltaVista's audio/mp3 search www.altavista.com....

Hope this helps!

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hide your kitties! haha sounds like everyone's cats could suddenly start flinging themselves out tall windows

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If this is the song I'm thinking of I read about it a few years ago. I didn't listen to it there was a link on the page but like I said this was a few years ago. I think if the song is banned there's probably a reason for it.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Don't be too supersticious, listening to a song most likely won't make you kill yourselves. I've listened to the piano version posted on this topic, will try to find a better one or the original if possible.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441
I think if the song is banned there's probably a reason for it.

It's not banned, I have a version of it by Björk here on my PC. TBH, the midi version of Song 2 that plays on that first link in the OP is more likely to make me kill myself.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
It's not banned, I have a version of it by Björk here on my PC. TBH, the midi version of Song 2 that plays on that first link in the OP is more likely to make me kill myself.

Should have said original recording of the song. I think if you are feeling enough of a emotion and paint or write a song or whatever some of that emotion becomes trapped inside for whatever reason.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join