It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video showing all quakes in 2011 by date, and intensity (With sound)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Truly scary! Part of me wonders what a normal year looks like, upwards of 35 quakes in one day right past march 1st

post your thoughts
edit on 2/25/2012 by Sforscott because:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sforscott

is it normal, or INSANE?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Its not every year that the tragedy in japan happens, it's freakin' insane

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
what gets me is that Japan was silent for a while then at 1:51 it looks like they just get massacred with quake after quake after quake and it goes ON for almost an entire 6-9 mth period. I only heard about that one hUGE quake that killed the nuke place, then a second one a little later.

So where did that continuous barrage of quakes in Japan come from? They didn't seem that small either. Looked like it was just rocking and rolling 24/7 for like 9 months. I was in awe just waiting for it to stop.
edit on 25-2-2012 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Bravo, that was a fantastic graphic of all the earthquakes on the map along with date and location.

You could see New Zealand, Phillipines, and Japan getting peppered with quakes prior to a large quake striking each region.

Worth a second look, for me. Good post.

edit on 25-2-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: Part of my sentence was missing.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

No offense, but this was done here like what? two weeks ago?

It is cool though.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm glad to see that others have been watching these earthquakes in the last few years as I have been. The Pacific Rims "Ring of Fire" has been popping off at a truly alarming rate. The depth of these quakes is small, some not more than 10 - 15 miles below the crust. Even the Caldera beneath Yellowstone has been rising and receding in the last few years... and that is one of the super volcanoes it will be quite interesting to see how the rest of this year plays out... thanks for posting everyone!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

It is cool though.

Yea,I posted it on the earthquake thread,but thats cool,it probably need it's own thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

It is cool though.

Yea,I posted it on the earthquake thread,but thats cool,it probably need it's own thread.

Oops! Sorry, i didn't see it

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sforscott

Originally posted by kdog1982

It is cool though.

Oops! Sorry, i didn't see it

It's alright have at it.
It's good you posted it .

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

No prob, I think the ATS search function still needs some refiniing...though I must admit I am not up to the task.

But you did remind me to save the link so I can send it to a couple of friends.

For that, I thank ya.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
So where did that continuous barrage of quakes in Japan come from? They didn't seem that small either. Looked like it was just rocking and rolling 24/7 for like 9 months. I was in awe just waiting for it to stop.

I was in awe as well. I thought this animation really showed how significant the Japanese quakes were.

What you are seeing is the ongoing aftershocks associated with the main quake. Since the Japan quake was so large, the associated aftershocks have also been rather significant. Some of the aftershocks were even as high as 7.4 and 7.1. These are larger than the original quake near Christchurch, and much larger than the deadly 6.3 that struck shallow and directly under Christchurch city. In Christchurch, the aftershocks continue to this day, albeit at a smaller magnitude, and they could continue in the region for decades. We could probably expect the same in Japan.

join