It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urging SCOTUS to block lawsuit against warrantless wiretapping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Obama, being Bush yet again.

DOJ Urges Supreme Court to Halt Challenge to Warrantless Eavesdropping

The Obama administration is urging the Supreme Court to halt a legal challenge weighing the constitutionality of a once-secret warrantless surveillance program targeting Americans’ communications that Congress eventually legalized in 2008.

What a surprise from I-Hate-The-Constitution-In-Chief.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yeah, god forbid the authorities have to actually have reason to suspect someone of a crime or actual threat and then go through the arduous process of getting a judge to say "Yeah, sounds like a good idea, spy away".

Isn't there still some grand claim made about being "innocent until proven guilty" in this country? Given the very small number of prosecutions/arrests as a result of these policies as compared to the number of abuses stemming from them that have been documented - I consider it nothing less than wasted money and an affront to the american spirit we always hear so much about.

And I can only think of one option for the office of the presidency who would actually work to put a stop to it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It is stories like this that really show how they Dem's are not any different than the Rep's, and I laugh at those that think Romney/Santorum would be any better.

This president does not care about personal freedoms, and neither will the next one. Be careful what you say though, he will be listening!

new topics

join