It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Camel Crush Conspiracy" Is it true?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I cannot tell if this is sarcasm...my sarcasm meter broke. plus the net makes it difficult.

btw i no longer smoke pot....the rest still apply

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
All that's in the capsules in Camel Crush is menthol liquid. Menthol is a derivative of mint so it's harmless. It's just for flavor.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rphine
All that's in the capsules in Camel Crush is menthol liquid. Menthol is a derivative of mint so it's harmless. It's just for flavor.
what about the cig itself?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Everyone I know is a smoker. I respect those who don't as I've quit a few times in my life. I know how it takes away a lot of stress and such.

As for crushes, I used to smoke them a lot since I love menthol and non menthol so it was nice to have a mix of the options. I'm still here.
It's just a joke article you read I'm sure. No worries. There are worse things in life that can kill you. Actually everything kills you. Everything.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Everyone I know is a smoker. I respect those who don't as I've quit a few times in my life. I know how it takes away a lot of stress and such.

As for crushes, I used to smoke them a lot since I love menthol and non menthol so it was nice to have a mix of the options. I'm still here.
It's just a joke article you read I'm sure. No worries. There are worse things in life that can kill you. Actually everything kills you. Everything.
air...it can kill you.....yet you will die with out it....co2..the things plants breath...you exhale it...and to much will keeeell jooo

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BulletShogun

Of course that has risks. Anyone with half a brain knows this. The topic was about the menthol ball that's used

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Of course that has risks. Anyone with half a brain knows this. The topic was about the menthol ball that's used
i was talking about specific items inside. my bad for not being specific. i know cig had their issue but from what little i know is that they have much more inside of them than the cigars i usually smoke. i rmember hearing something about newports having fiber glass in them or somthing like that long ago

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

ive got one better, friend of mine did that and poped one between his fingers right in my face, got on my cheek, so what did i do? revenge of course, poped one between my fingers in his face, however mine got him in the eye, LOL

hour or so later he was fine, his eye felt very fresh, 2 years later he still has good vision,

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

i was talking about specific items inside. my bad for not being specific. i know cig had their issue but from what little i know is that they have much more inside of them than the cigars i usually smoke. i rmember hearing something about newports having fiber glass in them or somthing like that long ago

Yeah as a matter of fact the whole "fiberglass" thing was attributed to Camel Crush as well. I've never seen anything supporting that though, it's just a rumor that floats around from brand to brand.

But yes cigs have a ton of bad chemicals. That's why I buy and roll pure tobacco. That way I know what I'm smoking. It's so much cheaper, too. With the price of cigarettes here you're paying about 34 cents a piece. If I roll my own I pay about 4 cents each.
edit on 22-2-2012 by m0rphine because: typo

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I kept forgetting to crush the ball in the filter.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by m0rphine

pipe tabacco is cheap as well. smoking from a pipe much cheaper. however more stuff involved. not as simple as just pulling one out and lighting it like a cig.

Whats the whole point of adding all the extra chems to cigs anyways?Addiction is the onlything that pops into my head

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

Yeah I'll smoke a pipe as well if I have time to relax.

Addiction is definitely one reason. Also think of all the problems it causes people. They end up throwing their money at big pharma.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

reply to post by BulletShogun

Yeah I'll smoke a pipe as well if I have time to relax.

Addiction is definitely one reason. Also think of all the problems it causes people. They end up throwing their money at big pharma.

onlt issue i have had from my arturo fuente cigars is not being able to run far at all when my run days come up for morning exercise.

yet i see all these older smokers and my dad coughing up nasty snot like substance every wonce in awhile. Another thing i notice is the extremely large amount of tar in swisher sweets. yet my more expensive brands like AF do not have this...i wonder why

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I don't buy prerolled.

For the last 10 years i have been rolling my own with pipe tobacco.

I have a small rolling machine and use tops papers with separate filters i use in the machine.

A large bag of pipe tobacco will last me a month and with 500 filters and papers cost around $30 dollars

Regular cigs would cost me about $80 dollars

Pipe tobacco burns cooler and does not have as many added chemicals and they last longer.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

what brand of papers you use?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
OH WOW..
Man I know that a lot of people have probably thought of this, but I honestly thought of this before the smokes came out. My friend who smokes was telling me about camel crushes about to come out and he got some as soon as they came out, and I remember saying what if they thing in the ball was carcinogenic and they found out later that people that smoked them were coming down with cancer.

I totally came up with this as soon as they came out.

I never worried about it or posted the idea because it's wacky and it could easily be tested as you can just pull the little ball out and have it tested if you were worried. Plus it would be a huuuge lawsuit. It's probably just menthol.
edit on 22-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I rolled my own for decades. After moving to Mexico I had to give that up since finding bulk tobacco and papers is difficult if even possible. I still prefer the freshness of my rollies, machine rolled with the big metal machine with the crank - had a machine in each of my hangout spots including at work. A pack of cigarettes cost me, where I buy them, about $.75 us dollars a pack, so I gained convenience but lost some freshness.

I hadn't seen the crush balls in Camels here but some varieties of Marlboro have them. They're fine by me, I smoke menthols anyway.

Not sure they need to come up with anything else to kill us even sooner than they already do - trick is to put you under before you're eligible for Social Security. They say smoking takes about 7 years off a smoker's life. Big deal, it's quality not uantity, right? So you live to 72 instead of 79. They already try to kill you sooner by making you stress over it. All that worrying about your health and trying to quit then re-starting - sheeesh! That's what kills you. Look how many old smokers are around though, a lot. Heavy drinking will kill you quicker, so that's partly why there's beer booths at all kinds of activities, even chess tournaments and family events.

Don't sweat it.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by questforevidence

Why is it that smoking employees expect their employer to bend to their desire to smoke but yet, an alcoholic would never get a free pass to drink during work?

Because OSHA law mandates an hour break plus two 15 minute breaks for every 8 hours a person is on the clock, therefore, employers aren't really "bending" to a smokers desire, just following employment law. If a person wants to have a cigarette in their car during one of those breaks, who the heck cares? As long as their not standing by the door to the office it shouldn't be a problem. Employees are not allowed to drink on their breaks for obvious reasons. Smoking a cigarette won't affect my work performance, but I bet slamming some vodka would!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

onlt issue i have had from my arturo fuente cigars is not being able to run far at all when my run days come up for morning exercise.

yet i see all these older smokers and my dad coughing up nasty snot like substance every wonce in awhile. Another thing i notice is the extremely large amount of tar in swisher sweets. yet my more expensive brands like AF do not have this...i wonder why

Yeah I know exactly what you're saying.
Regarding swisher sweets, I know from my past days of cannabis use that they have an extra layer of paper inside that's referred to as "cancer paper" that's supposedly dipped in chemicals. It's underneath the leaf and on the end of the mouthpiece. It would sort of burn your tongue or lips if you set it on there for a few seconds. We would always remove that. That could be a reason contributing to the tar.

My only guess as to why, would be that swishers are the cheap brand that the average joe would buy and smoke on a regular basis instead of the more expensive brands of cigars.
edit on 22-2-2012 by m0rphine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I roll my own. I alternate between American Spirit and 4 Aces. I have had Crushes a few times, I used to smoke Camel Wides but when the NY tax went up, I just bought whatever buy 1 get 1 free I could find... It was usually Crushes. I'd say I've smoked around 20 packs of Crushes with no problem other than the too light normal cig and the too mouthwashy menthol making me wretch.

Anyway, does anyone know how they make the menthol RYO tubes? I'd be more worried about how a filter itself can be made menthol.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join