It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Signs That America Is Rapidly Becoming More Like Nazi Germany

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by tem88
america has been going down the drain ever since the white man came here

Good one. With this footprint we are doomed to be a muddy hill in a few more decades but oh who cares? You people were just dragging out the inevitable. We are all gonna die.

I actually believe if all humanity respected Earth as a living entity the way some tribes do, we would live in a Paradise. Unfortunately, modern man and perhaps white men in particular, lack any kind of a larger spiritual vision and most direly - they lack an ethical plan.

I think you will find EMPATHY is the missing link in modern mans evolutionary advancement.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tem88
america has been going down the drain ever since the white man came here

^^^^^^^^ Agreed. This applies to "white man" in all western countries not just America.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

#13 In Nazi Germany, killing the "defective", the "weak" and the "disabled" was considered to be a good thing because it made the German people "stronger".

Relevance to America??

America created eugenics, and the sterilization of "weak" people. We stopped in 1960 or so.
We officially commended Hitler on his sterilization programs, before Japan attacked us.

I don't think we'll be going back to that practice. Nah, our country is just going to be filled with idiots. I'd say that it's already happened.

You made some great points. Just wanted to fill you in on these facts since you did ask the question.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I don't think we'll be going back to that practice. Nah, our country is just going to be filled with idiots. I'd say that it's already happened.

The US has gotten too "fat" to compete in the new world marketplace. Crashing the economy, getting rid of the middle-class is part of what is needed to make America productive again so we can compete with Chinese labor. This will require dumbing us down to ease the hurt from falling and to make it all work. In a decade or two we'll all be factory workers, soldiers, cops, and prison guards. All that requires modest competency and minimal brain power. Dumb people are generally happier with their position in life than intelligent people. We need to be happy with cheap consumer goods and fast food, even if it requires saving up a week for dinner out at McDonalds once in a while.

It won't be an exact match for nazi Germany, what we have going, it'll be our own style. Some have already noticed it happening - and they have noticed who's noticing, and those people will have to "corrected." They're looking to boost-up the ones who are fiercely patriotic, the ones who claim it's not happening here, and say all this authoritarianism is what we need and a whole lot more of it in order to be good and decent Americans, by god.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I can totally see it so very blatant an obviouse is the similiarities between the two.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I can totally see it so very blatant an obviouse is the similiarities between the two.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by DarthMuerte

When is the last time you went to an airport??? It happens every single day.

About a month ago. Went though the scanners and still felt human after-wards. My mom and sister and everybody else seemed fine as well.

I am sure you will feel the same way when you get cancer in a decade or two, which might have been caused by overexposure to such scanners. I bet you also will feel differently when they do a pat down and stick their hands down your pants, which is something they do sometimes even when scanners find nothing.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Nazi Germany? Nah, we'd then at least have jobs and a will to fight. We're becoming Soviet Russia where we're placated through television and promises of something better to come...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom

Nazi Germany? Nah, we'd then at least have jobs and a will to fight. We're becoming Soviet Russia where we're placated through television and promises of something better to come...

You may very well have hit the nail on the head there.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
reply to post by PW229

At least in the UK the police don't have guns to shoot people in the back.

No they have a shadowy trojan unit of cops to do that instead...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think if someone can sincerely believe that their lifestyle in the West (e.g. the UK or US) in 2012 is in any way similar to life in Nazi Germany, other than the fact that both involved groups humans co-existing, then no amount of debate on this site will change that.

Some people cling on to the idea that they might be disadvantaged or discriminated against and they can use that as an excuse to cover their own shortcomings and explain why they are so desperately unhappy with their lives.

There are very many ungrateful people here - thank goodness we live in the day, age and location we do now - 99.9% of the humans in history lived short, unfulfilled lives in hunger, slavery, pain and misery.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ComeFindMe

An interesting perspective on this article. Thanks for the input. I do have a question though.

Ungrateful for what? And to whom?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

No problem, interesting thread.

The final part was more related to the idea that some posters have, that we are resigned to what they purport to be a horrible life. Examples being that there are shadowy trojan units of cops. I think to compare the alleged British 'shadowy trojan cops' to, say, the SS (given the Nazi comparison used in the OP) actually trivialises the horrendous actions of the SS. To even try to imply that we live in a comparible age - certainly using the example above - just bleeds of ignorance.

That's my opinion, but if any here genuinely believes that life in America / UK / the West in 2012 is broadly or directly the same as Nazi Germany, then I am very disappointed in my fellow man.

As I said before - and as far as i'm aware, no-one addressed this - a number of the points in the OP are either present in any civilisation (and would therefore apply to the Roman Empire for example) or have been taken out of context or, in most cases, are subject to opinion. For example, women and children do not live substandardly to men in the West - in fact, I would wager that through all of time, there has never been a better time to be a woman or child.
edit on 23-2-2012 by ComeFindMe because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

All good points. I knew this article would bring out some strong opinions because of the way the author wrote it and presented it. And I tried not to diminish that too much in the OP, because I wanted some honest views on it.

I guess my question to anyone would be, when is it time to sound the alarm? Do we wait until it's in our face, and too late? Many would say we have already arrived at that point, and what we have remaining are "perceived" freedoms that have been left in place to placate the masses while "they" finish the remaining infrastructure.

Or do we sound the alarm early, long before we have a situation like Germany, Russia, and others have found themselves in?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

But why presume that one will lead to the other?

Any two civilisations from history will have similar or shared elements or traits. That doesn't mean they both have the same heritage or same future?

There are negative elements to all societal structures - Western society may indeed revert to a level of barbarism far worse than Nazi Germany - but it is by no means inevitable.

Regarding my point on women and children - do you think that they have a raw deal and are mistreated currently in the west?

I can't help but feel the more I look at that list, that many of the terms are so opinionated / subjective they may literally mean one thing to someone than the other - your 25 signs may be my 2 signs - and 2 similarities in all due respect, is a far cry from a direct copy.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Hitler used to stand with his cronies looking over the Kingdom of Auschwitz and take practice target pot shots at the Jews going about their slavery down below.

Eh, I think that was a movie. Auschwitz is not a kingdom it was a camp in Poland, and Hitler never went near the place.

edit on 23-2-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i agree with ComeFindMe, I think these times in America are far better than most as far as living conditions and life in general. Yes, there is alot of rebuilding and restructuring that needs to occur but we are no where close to Nazi, Germany. We have more outlets and freedoms than are being taken away. But thats not to say we are losing important ones but thats another topic altogether. Its not the government i'm worried about, its the people.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

But why presume that one will lead to the other?

I think the presumption for many comes from the pattern people have seen historically. Not just Germany, but as you have said, other societies as well. Seems once a governing body starts down the road of tyranny, it doesn't stop. And I think much has been done by the media to foster a division of perception among the American public.

Regarding my point on women and children - do you think that they have a raw deal and are mistreated currently in the west?

No. Although I'm sure some females may disagree with me on that. But we are no where near Nazi Germany on that.

I can't help but feel the more I look at that list, that many of the terms are so opinionated / subjective they may literally mean one thing to someone than the other - your 25 signs may be my 2 signs - and 2 similarities in all due respect, is a far cry from a direct copy.

Here again, there was a method to my madness. I didn't want the article softened by the OP. If I had given my clear opinion from the start, I don't think I would have gotten some of the brutally honest posts I've gotten in this thread. But as it is, this thread has been very educational for me, and hopefully for others as well. And I appreciate those who have posted their comments from all perspectives.

edit on 2/23/2012 by Klassified because: Clarity.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
#26 -they had really scarry uniforms, all black with skulls, ment to intimidate
. those really stand out.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Fair dos! Always difficult to judge, think you did the right thing as its opened up a healthy debate.

Interesting point you make the the pattern of history dictates it will happen - I wonder if the same kind of debates were being had mid-Industrial revolution

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join