It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 12, found naked and rummaging in trash for food in Calif.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous and sad. I can't even imagine what was going through this mother's head.
What's wrong with people these days?

usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

A teacher’s assistant from California faces child endangerment charges after her 12-year-old daughter was found naked and rummaging through trash cans for food, officials said.

Police were called on Thursday after a local resident saw a girl walking in Temecula, south-east of Los Angeles, wearing no clothes and eating food out of trash cans.

Tracy Betts, 40, a teaching assistant at nearby Vail Elementary, was arrested at the school on suspicion of felony child endangerment.

A report in the Riverside Press-Enterprise named the resident who alerted police as Dominique Prado, who had been outside pulling weeds from the yard with her husband when she saw the girl rooting through a neighbor’s trash can.

The girl completely naked, without even shoes on her feet, and trying to cover herself with a car floor mat, the newspaper said.

Prado told the newspaper that the girl, who was holding a small piece of bread in her hands, ran around the corner and out of sight.

Prado called 911, and police searched the neighborhood. Prado and her husband found the girl in a BMW parked on their street just around the corner, the newspaper said.

I hope they really throw the book at the mother. It sickens me to know that this woman was working in an environment with children while her own daughter is out there in public nude and hunting for food. The girl is very lucky that some sicko didn't kidnap her.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
wow this is an unusual story!

I hope theres a better article out soon that goes into more details, on face value its baffling how that can happen.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

seriously dude? you sound like Hitler...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I agree with everything you're saying except about exterminating the child. Just like dogs who end up with bad owners, I'll never even fault an animal for how they are forced to survive.

Yes, where is the sperm donor?
Why would this woman even want to work around children if she doesn't even care enough about her own daughter? This is most baffling to me.

I just hope the girl is placed with responsible and loving family members who will make sure she is getting everything she needs including psychiatric help. I hope the mother never sees her daughter again nor the light of day. I'm also hoping she doesn't have any other children since the article doesn't state whether or not the girl had siblings or not.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
[Removed Quote]

Fine example of a disgusting post. Show some compassion for the innocent children that could have a bright future if it was not for their worthless parents. Its not her fault her mom is a scumbag.You should exterminate yourself and spare us all the drama of seeing you in the news putting your faulty logic to use one day.
edit on 2/20/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
[Removed Quote]

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

You're sick. Put some clothes on that kid, give her an education, problem solved.

Murder isn't the answer.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

I hope they really throw the book at the mother. It sickens me to know that this woman was working in an environment with children while her own daughter is out there in public nude and hunting for food. The girl is very lucky that some sicko didn't kidnap her.

First, they should investigate, and determine what the details actually are.
Then whomever is responsible, deserves the punishment.

The mother was arrested on suspicion, which means that it may, or may not, be her fault.

Just from the few details in that article, I cannot reach a definitive conclusion to whether or not the mother even had custody. It is a possibility that the girl was just trying to get back home. Probably not, but it is something to think about, before tying the noose.

[Quote Removed]

[color=FF9D96]Guilty!! Guilty!! Guilty!!, until proven [color=FF9D96]Guilty!!
:bash:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

You're right. The circumstances may not be the mother's fault, but I'm failing to understand something. It was obviously a school day since the mother was at work, so who was supposed to make sure this girl got to school?

I'll be keeping an eye out to see if there are any further developments in this story.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

[quote removed]

Murdering people who doesn't fit into your picture of a perfect utopia? Wow, freaking Hitler. You should be sick and ashamed of yourself. How pathetic to even think about moving forward as a human society with this sick mindset.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Could be a stretch but this story is only half written. No one knows if there was a babysitter, or sperm donor sitting home drunk or asleep. No one knows if this girls is mentally ok or deranged as heck.

There are still too many unanswered questions to condemn anything or anyone yet. Although it sure looks like mom is a sicko....

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
[Quote Removed]

ARe you serious dude?

I feel bad for you, I agree with the part about the mother neglecting her child. But exterminating the child is not the way to go around handling this situation.

"lets just get them all out of the gene pool". you sound like hitler bruh

also, I think this thread deserves more FLAGS
edit on 20-2-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here is some more info:
www.nydailynews.com...

Betts allegedly left her daughter in a BMW with tinted windows about a block from the school while she was at work.

Police told a neighbor that it seemed the woman left her daughter without clothes or shoes to prevent her from leaving the vehicle, the Riverside Press-Enterprise reported.

Betts was released on $15,000 bail Friday.

That explains how the girl knew that the BMW was unlocked as it's explained in the first article. This really isn't looking good for the mother now. I'll post more when I find updates.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by innocenttdreams

[quote removed]

Murdering people who doesn't fit into your picture of a perfect utopia? Wow, freaking Hitler. You should be sick and ashamed of yourself. How pathetic to even think about moving forward as a human society with this sick mindset.

But it IS a drain on his paycheck....
Dude you are a drain on humanity when human suffering is subordinate to imaginary paper trash. Even the lowest person is of more value than that paper crap you believe in.
APB
ETA sorry innocent dreams that was not in any way for you
edit on 20-2-2012 by AmericanPitBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There is another thread on this already.

edit on 20-2-2012 by webpirate because: reworded..

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

No. Search is not our friend.
I did run a search on the title of the article, but nothing came up.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

lol..ok. There is another thread in the same forum even from earlier this morning. Then again...something like this should almost deserve 2 threads....

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The economy is fine, this story is fake...rolls eyes

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I don't understand your comment.
What does this have to do with the economy?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

It's all good. I do hate double threads about the same thing, so I'm always very diligent about checking. Plus, I don't like to step on one's toes. This happened to me recently and I'm still upset that all the hard work I did on a thread was superceded by someone who threw theirs together.

Anyways, I did check out the other thread and I was disappointed to see that members turned it into a political arena.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join