It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Pledges 400 ICBMs for Russia in Ten Years

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Whatever the case, conflict is coming. I think sooner rather than later. All the major players are hard at work beefing up their armies and arsenals. The lines have been drawn in the sand fovever ago. All its going to take now is one small incident. One accidental (or intentional) shot fired. Instead this time it won't be the shot heard around the world. It will be the nuclear detonation in a metro center near you.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Im going to start checking under my bed FOR REDS!

Thats right folks, remember the Red Menace that hated our freedoms for so long?, well it seems like by updating there military infrastructure which every other nation does and is entitled to do so THEY HAVE DIRECTLY THUMBED THERE NOSES AT OUT FREEDOM ONCE AGAIN!!!

I personaly will not stand for it AND DEMAND an 80's style action movie demonizing these freedom hating Ruskies.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

"Cobalt bomb has been tested in very small size but never atmospherically. The idea was abandoned soon after it was tested. However, in these days of computer simulations of nuclear explosions, anyone with capability can test any bomb without the need of actual physical explosion.

Anti matter weapons are possible only on paper. To make 250 grams of anitmatter it would take 2 billion years with current technology. So we are all safe for now."

The technology to build the Cobalt bomb today is technically feasible, have a look at whats theoretically possible using red mercury. Thats some scarry stuff!!!

I think Anti matter production will be ramped up 500 fold in the next 10-20 years , it only takes a few grams of this stuff to equal a 20MT bomb so the possibity for destruction is definitely there, i would not discount Antimatter as the WMDs of say 2030.
edit on 20-2-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

According to wikipedia, Zinc and Sodium bombs deliver much more radioactivity but that intensity lasts much short a period of time. Cobalt on the otherhand lasts 5 years or more and in over that time it is 150x more radioactive than Zinc and Sodium.

Red Mercury can create neutron bomb which can make a very good tactical weapon, although that is still a nuke which is a big ethical issue.

Is anti matter the same as Dark Matter? Somewhere I read that dark matter is 75% of the uninverse and then some other stuff. Matter is less than 5% of the whole universe.

Btw, here is a question to quantum physics buffs: Scientists always say that Universe is constantly expanding. Then what space is it expanding into? "Cause we know that ultimate is the Universe, nothing beyond that.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

red mercury can create a 10 pound 2 megaton weapon,according to US scientist Samuel Cohen.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

antimatter,good,when it destabilises USA will have a thousand fukushimas

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
That's the danger of electing an old man in a democracy, or allowing a mortal to rule too long in a tyranny. They grew old, but never did grow UP.

Mortal old age is not a sign of wisdom. It is only a sign of senility, a proven science and fact of human mind and body decaying.

They don't have long to live, to face up to the consequences of their actions, but it will be the innocent next generations that have to grapple with any mistakes made, wasting years of progress just to unravel the mistakes made by those whom are in power but senile.

Russian citizens and the world deserves better.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
the Vlad is just responding to the NATO ring of missiles around Russia
that are designed to shoot down the Russian ICBMs in the first minute of takeoff

maybe the older outdated but mobile ICBMs will be launched first as decoy targets for the NATO shield of anti-ICBM missiles to be wasted on while the newer armed Russian ICBMs launch in uncluttered skys

as for the USA decommissioning nukes... your just hearing MSM reports
& we know MSM is controlled & orchestrated by whom?
thats right the: new world order for the ages

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
Well Putin is certainly doing some posturing. Still think the Cold War ended in the 90's?

What posturing??

So America and Nato can run around, War in afghan, War in Iraq, Overthrow Gaddafi, Warmonger with Syria, Georgia situation of 2008, Warmonger with Iran, Posture vs China.

Putin would be a moron for not updating the military, when the West is run by insane warmongering bankers.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkultracanuck

Well Putin is certainly doing some posturing. Still think the Cold War ended in the 90's?

What posturing??

So America and Nato can run around, War in afghan, War in Iraq, Overthrow Gaddafi, Warmonger with Syria, Georgia situation of 2008, Warmonger with Iran, Posture vs China.

Putin would be a moron for not updating the military, when the West is run by insane warmongering bankers.

I agree with you 100%, if you've read my previous posts in other threads you'd know my stance on this topic.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

100 military space craft..

interesting...

thats what i thought
tehn an old film popped into my head
Moonraker
the buggers will go into space 2x2
then wipe the earth clean
and repopulate lol

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkultracanuck

What posturing??

Excellent views! 10 Stars and 'Vote for Putin' Flag!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

You sir are completely oblivious to what russia has or doesnt have. Math you say? Well... a man by the name of Gregory Perelman solved the Poincaré conjecture, just one of the 7 millennium problems... and hes russian.

And you're also ignorant if you think that after the cold war and after all these years of silence, that russia was also sitting there doing nothing. They could have an arsenal you dont even dream of. The SU-47 for instance... its a 1997 design and by concept is more advanced than your 35 fail or your 22 craptor. You sure you want to underestimate russia?

Russia was never for "finesse", was all about brute force and reliability like the Tsar Bomba or the AK-47 - Its just the way Russia is. And thats why you had to change your crappy m16 to face their "medieval" AK-47... which btw, is still considered the most reliable assault rifle in the world. And if you say you're not afraid of the AK-47 then you're a kid who never had basic training or even saw first hand how devious that weapon can be and how effective it is. I dont think Russia still uses the AK-47 but they sure have a stock pile of them somewhere - this example was only given for the sole purpose of waking you up to what Russia is capable of.

I'm glad your leaders dont think like you do... because you'd be in a lot of trouble if they did. If theres a country in the world not to be underestimated, its Russia. Underestimating Iran is dangerous enough already, underestimating Russia is pure stupidity.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

A lot of Americans here, most too young to remember Vietnam are still under the impression invading third world nations with 40 year old technology is how wars are actualy fought with CNN, FOX propaganda to boot. They dont seem to put other modern industrialised nations into proper context and ignore the serious nightmare scenario we would all be in if America or any other western nation attempted to war with a country like Russia.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Go figure

The rest of the world builds up and moderninzes their militaries and we disarm some reports i have read put the us nuclear arsenal will be reduced to 600 and 50 years old.

This is exactly what we should be doing but nope.
edit on 20-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I just read something yesterday, a congressional report from 2009 stating that the US achieved its goal of an 80% reduction in nukes by putting just one warhead on each ICBM, instead of the multiple warhead approach, which they stated was less accurate. They claim that we have 450 ICBM stationed in silos that have been upgraded already, fully modernized, and should be ok until the year 2020, when they may have to undergo maintenance.

I'll bet the one warhead on each are probably in the neighborhood of 20 megatons or so. Anyway, the report goes on to say that stationary ICBMs are necessary, because the enemy would exhaust its nuclear reserve trying to take all the ICBMs out. They said our nuclear "deterrent" forces are a triad of ICBMs, submarine-launched nukes (Tridents, and we got a lot of 'em), and bombs able to be dropped by long-range bombers such as the B1-B.

Here is a map with a breakdown of all our nuclear warheads. We say we have "only 450" ready-to-go ICBMs with single warheads, but if you look at all the other nuclear weapons we have, it is an insane amount:

www.fas.org...

Here is a written breakdown of our stockpile and where they are located: www.nrdc.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by Agit8dChop

In space you can move anywhere, kill everything below you, and it's unnecessary to die because your 60 miles above everyone.

you mean it's impossible/improbable to die?
edit on 20-2-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by RSF77

The first one never ceased.....

That's the funny thing bout cold wars, even when they stop they don't really stop.

Straight up, and this time around China is going to be playing a MUCH bigger role in this war now that they're Superpower Status.

I agree, Chain will definitely be one to watch for in the next year or so, America will be in for a few surprises i think.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Im going to start checking under my bed FOR REDS!

Thats right folks, remember the Red Menace that hated our freedoms for so long?, well it seems like by updating there military infrastructure which every other nation does and is entitled to do so THEY HAVE DIRECTLY THUMBED THERE NOSES AT OUT FREEDOM ONCE AGAIN!!!

I personaly will not stand for it AND DEMAND an 80's style action movie demonizing these freedom hating Ruskies.

Why do you think Hollywood is remaking Red Dawn? Except they switched the Russians into the North Koreans, because we all should know that North Korea has a massive invasion force aimed at the continental USA

The technology to build the Cobalt bomb today is technically feasible, have a look at whats theoretically possible using red mercury. Thats some scarry stuff!!!

I thought red murcury was a myth?

Dunno about the whole story about cobalt bomb being abandoned after scale testing. I heard that it was, in fact, deployed in full scale. The bomb itself was Russian and was apparently deployed in a ship that constantly moved around the sea to avoid detection. But this could be a myth too.

SeekerOfTruth101-
Russian citizens and the world deserves better.

A lot of garbage posts in this thread, IMO.

Do you people not realize that in building and deploying new ICBMs, Russia will be able to actually reduce most of its existing ICBM fleet? This fact seems to escape the minds of fearmongers.

And personally, I find it ironic how everyone is crying foul over Russia. Do they not remember that it was the US that dropped out of the ABM treaty? That the Americans have been building new tactical nuclear weapons for like a decade (specifically nuclear bunker busters)? Funny how there's been so many small and unexplained earthquakes in the US in late years... and they blame it on fracking while underground nuclear testing is the only accepted way to test new nuclear weapons in modern times.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

This is why I love you (no homo)

<< 1    3 >>

join