It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens shoot down Animal rights group drone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

SOMETHING has to be done to protect animal rights.

The advent of youtube has fostered a whole new group of people who are binding and then torturing dogs for sport and amusement.

In Florida someone dragged a dog behind a car.

Until there are concerned citizens and stiffer penalties,
until these people go to jail THERE IS NO INCENTIVE TO STOP.

One day your child will see a live animal getting skinned...Do you want to live in that kind of a world?

You already do and it will get worse before it gets better.

If we are waiting for these peoples better nature to take over...fugghedaboutit!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

plz read my analysis on this news story

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Something to protect their rights?

This isn't about their rights.

These hunters were legally hunting.

So these animal rights groups were forcing their will to spy on legal people?

I don't give anyone the right to spy on me at home or in public, thats obscene and aggressive crapola. I hope all these spy drones get taken out myself.

I support animal rights but not like this. And not on every issue either. I don't want humans under NWO thumb, and there may be a lot more hunters in survivalist situations soon enough.
edit on 18-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Something to protect their rights?

This isn't about their rights.

These hunters were legally hunting.

So these animal rights groups were forcing their will to spy on legal people?

I don't give anyone the right to spy on me at home or in public, thats obscene and aggressive crapola. I hope all these spy drones get taken out myself.

I support animal rights but not like this. And not on every issue either. I don't want humans under NWO thumb, and there may be a lot more hunters in survivalist situations soon enough.
edit on 18-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Hey back off Jack in the box...you wanna talk about crapola?????

FIRST - Did I say anyone was NOT WITHIN THEIR RIGHTS to shoot down anything that comes in to invade their personal space and privacy?

I don't want to hear you whining about your right to shoot pigeons and NOT agreeing 150% We need laws to discourage cruelty to animals. Those laws need to assure it doesn't happen and certainly doesn't happen for legal entertainment.

Hunting is not tying up and torturing a helpless beast.

You taking any other position is more than crapola - it is unconscionable.
I am condemning ANIMAL TORTURE and YOU are condemning me. That's crapola.
Like I said I could care less about your fears of getting caught doing whatever the heck it is you'd like to hide from big brother. I even agree with your right to hide that. I am talking about publicly and for entertainment torturing animals, putting it on youtube and I'm saying something (drones or whatever) drastic and immediate, needs to be done about it.

Without either drones, (and admittedly this is like tape recording someone, probably not even admissible but undercover is sometimes necessary to get the job done) and without people getting vocal against abusers or enacting legislation for harsh penalties or something - these helpless animals will be tortured and killed.

I think they invaded Michael Vic's personal space too...was it legal? Was it ethical? Was it necessary?

Well it is necessary again and we need some solutions. You can block the way if you are that committed in your right to blow apart small birds - but I think it shows a glimpse into your character and that ain't honorable, empathetic or wise.

Again...I am willing to sacrifice a little of yours and my personal space UNTIL THIS PROBLEM OF THE public consumption and GRATUITOUS torture of animals in under control...or at least remains hidden in the dark little corners you are "aiming" to sheild from Uncle Sams and ....even PETA'S or SHARK's (sheesh, pathetic) watchful eye.

edit on 18-2-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Gee,
they must have been a better shot than the guy my model airplane club pissed off

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
LOve it!!! Our congress just authorized $63 billion to deploy 30,000 drones over us soil by 2020. And all I see on the news is that some pop singer died.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
How many doves will they "inadvertently" shred with the 8 props on the whirlybird?!
How does one mount a drone anyway? Is it a wall hanger like an upland or waterfowl? Orrrrr is it a mantel piece?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Want some crapola?

You wasting your time posting about animal cruelty, when you could have you own butt on the line.......

Picketing any of a long list of corporate entities that profit over the torture and death of animals.

Oh, that's right, they might have you arrested. Wouldn't want that happening would you?

As for me, I don't eat McDonald's, but I'm going to go buy some McNuggets and find a stray cat to feed them to.

OMG! What a problem that creates! Am I the evil chicken-killer? Or I am I an animal lover helping a stray cat?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I'm not condemning you, just responding to your comment on the top of the page. And not calling any person crapola, the actions, of spying on people is NWO crapola. My comments are general statements, not anything directly to you, they flesh out the idea of where I'm coming from. I separate the person and the actions, by the way, and believe all people, if you peel off enough masks and layers, are light and love underneath. And I never meant to imply you were one that needed all those layers peeled off, its NWO, and the spying of drones that makes me upset.

Also I don't hunt or shoot at pidgeons.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Appreciate your concern, really I am getting misty but save the crapola and some of that rant was actually good advice...probably an accident. Keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I know that Unity..I didn't take what you said personally but generally as well. I don't care if you shoot pigeons or not. Hunting is fine. I just wish people would take some of the animal abuse issues more seriously and have a sporting but a humane and merciful bone in their body. There is no excuse for unnecessary cruelty and I am not accusing you of any of these things either...just sayin'....

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by butcherguy

Appreciate your concern, really I am getting misty but save the crapola and some of that rant was actually good advice...probably an accident. Keep up the good work.
No accident. I am a realist that understands that a right is something that one must stake out and earn for themselves. God given they are not.

If someone is really concerned about animals, go at it where it will have an effect.

And there are a whole lot more domesticated animals slaughtered than there are wild animals killed by hunting. I see and hear a lot about PETA and similar groups tossing paint on fur wearing women, why don't they stand outside a fast food restaurant and toss paint on the customers that eat there? The problem is, people like to eat chicken, and they wouldn't put up with PETA doing that..... Chickens aren't nearly as cuddly looking as a mink. I say 'cuddly looking' because if one of those closet-raised PETA members had to spend a minute with their hand locked in a cage with a wild mink, they would plead for someone to kill it. Mink are in the weasel family, and are pitiless carnivores that will kill for fun. It all boils down to public relations, and PETA is a business.
edit on 19-2-2012 by butcherguy because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

That is not 100% true in Florida. It is a 1st degree felony to take pictures of a farm even if it is done from private property or the side of the road. The bill was proposed last year and I do believe it passed. If I am wrong someone please correct me.
floridaindependent.com...

Also if someone were using a similar drone to fly over a celebrities house I am pretty sure something would be done about it.
edit on 19-2-2012 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I do follow these matters bit and I only heard that it has been proposed. Nothing about it being passed.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

im sure this didnt just start in their
lives first step(imho not saying the only) should be teaching kids how to respect animals and to solve the older group just make a punishment where they legally cant be around animals(atleast not alone)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. My previous reply was to the post directly above it.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
well, one nice thing about whacking drones is
NO ANIMAL RIGHTS HAVE BEEN VIOLATED!

though I suspect if you get caught shooting down one of the US's nice new spy drones
you will find out who or what has the rights in the US...
and peep...
the drones have rights, YOU DON"T

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This event is to set precedent!! Look at the facts, they are to perfect. This is a "TEXT BOOK CASE" This is a very important news story. Plz see full analysis at www.abovetopsecret.com...
Get the word out, this is very important!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

And you are completely off topic. Here we are discussing SHARK using a drone to spy on pigeon hunters and all the ramifications of drones and privacy rights, then you show up bemoaning animal cruelty, but specifically not hunting. So what's the relationship between animal cruelty and SHARK drones? None. If you want to discuss animal cruelty, by all means start a thread on it. I'm sure you'll have a lot of support, from myself and others. But here you are drifting off target.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I think you are the one off topic. I do believe the SHARK drone had hearts if not brains, in the right place and commented on it. They are an organization set up to defend helpless animals and all such organizations need a whole lot of help....not an uphill hurdle from no offense...neanderthals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join