It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is this???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Look at this pic from the Clementine Lunar Image Browser:

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil... ude=311&submit=Use+Lat%252FLong&sensor=UVVIS&filter=415_nm

Am I seeing things, or is there a large, rectangular structure in about the center of this photo? The scale is at 1 pixel for every kilometer. This thing is huge!

What is this and how did it get there?

[edit on 17-9-2004 by lacan]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Your right. What is that. Whatever it is its HUGE!!!!!!!!! Suprised they dont mention it in the text above. Defintely not a crater.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ahh.....that just a 20 x 28 mile completely unnatural rectangular object.

Move along....nothing to see here.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm certainly not an expert on this sort of thing but it really is one of the more interesting moon pictures I've seen.

I know there's someone on here more than capable of figuring out what the heck that thing is.

Nice find.

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Lets blame it on the commies and get on with life

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Ok now that's interesting. The image below was cropped sharpened twice and blown up to 420%.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
NOw it looks more natural.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Nicely done KL.

What the hell is dat ting?

It's always tough to tell stuff like this but I have to say it really is an intriguing little bugger.

I know there has to be some sort of photographic or moon type expert lurking around here somewhere that should be able to shed some light on this.

SPiderj

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

derived from data

Meaning its a mosaic of compiled images. We've seen this before in other space pictures of planets, etc. people. It's simply a light/dark difference between that section of the photo and surrounding sections.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Nature can�t produce right angles from erosion or other forces, let alone 4 right angles. I�m baffled.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You're both right it does look like somethin with four right angles, that have been eroded a little, but it also could be caused by shadows and stuff

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yeah but shadows from what, 4 right angled structures? I mean to say to cast these shadows wouldn�t you need structures that take on the shape of the shadow?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
your right. hey load a picture of the american flag in black and white and place it near the rectangl. then we could say its an american moon colony. lol. But your are right youd need four right angles to make the shadow

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Who owns the Clementine Satellite?

MAybe somebody should contact them, and hear what kind of excuse they will give for it......

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Meaning its a mosaic of compiled images

Wouldn't that explain the sharp lines, the lining up of the individual frames to make the "mosaic".

Just a question as I don't know enough about photo-imaging to really have an opinion.

I do think it safe to say the lines weren't made by water and whatever breezes may occur in the tiny atmosphere of the moon I would think "winds" at least winds strong enough to carve deep ridges happen on the moon.

Though I could definitely be wrong, not an expert.

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If it was caused by creating a mosaic form dozens of images wouldn�t we see many more anomalies in the image? I have created mosaics in Photoshop and even that publicly available piece of software doesn�t make these types of marks or mistakes. I am having a difficult time understanding and believing the mosaic explanation.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

If it was caused by creating a mosaic form dozens of images wouldn�t we see many more anomalies in the image?

Good point. Can you pop up (if it's not too much trouble) a photo-shopped mosaic thingy for comparison?

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
quick someone contact Richard Hoagland, he'll know what it is, he's been saying there's stuff on the moon all along.

seriously though, great find, i have no explanation of what that rectangle thing could possibly be.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here is one from NASA, I don�t think it shares any similarities with the image posted in this thread. You can see a line on the stitched images but it doesn�t have any width like a wall it�s just a line caused from differing grey values in the two images.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
so that rectangle might be the 'alleged' secret moon base??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join