It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just discovered this site a couple of months ago and like to understand the context and premise of any site before I become a member or post any opinions or facts. I've found one of the most predominant themes on most if not all message boards is posters putting themselves in a box based off of opinions rather than facts. I am just as likely to ask questions as to state opinions or facts. Learning is a never ending curve in which we should never let ourselves be derailed from. To fall off of the path of educating ourselves on what we know to be true will only work to our detriment rather than our benefit. I most certainly have strong opinions ( I must stress opinions) on the current world climate, how we got here, and where we are going as a species. I will leave those opinions for another time and hope to learn from the other members of this site to evolve my own ideas. GD(21)D

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Welcome aboard the ATS Family!

Looking forward to your view on things and what you bring to the table

Have a friendly, healthy, flag as a gift of greetings!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS boards, enjoy posting
. See you out there!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Hi GD21D, welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Warm Welcome to ATS...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Now that I have a little more time I would like to expand on my introduction. I am ex military, held no special position but I think I have a pretty good Idea on how the system works. Served my 4 year term in the 82nd and that was about enough for me. I was pushed very hard to stay in by many but it came to a point where some with rank were becoming too pushy almost to a point to where my intelligence was being insulted. I was garnering a decent reputation towards the end of my service time. So much to the fact that a couple of strange things had occurred. I will go as far as saying that I was tasked out to a dinner party that seemed very odd. I make no claim that this event held any substance, just that the circumstances surrounding the task came across as peculiar. May have been something or may have been nothing at all, hard to say considering the place i was stationed. I very much enjoy listening to lectures, everything from history to general conspiracies. With the time spent reading and listening I've gained a great deal of knowledge, and I feel I'm getting close to what is really going on. Anyone who disregards the possibility that something is very wrong is either naive or isn't paying attention to their surroundings. I can say with certainty that there has been a shift in the political philosophies of the U.S. towards their own people and other countries as well. When and how significant those shifts were are to be debated. GD(21)D

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Welcome GD21D to a Disney-like Park for Conspiracy Theorist...!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with a bunch of rides, so with that said...

Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret (ATS), the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

* Please check out those links posted above before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure that you act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentially spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Howdy, very nice to make your acquaintance!

Namaste!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Welcome to ATS ,GD21D..Hope to see you soon in the main boards im anxious to read your threads and posts
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Thank you for providing such a professional forum.
As far as me personally, I love to read informative posts, but a picture tells a 1000 words if someone can help explain it to me!

I joined this post because I found an unusual object on an ancient frieze, that has a elongated head on a staff, it strikes me when I see it, kinda looks like an alien grey or ?

Maybe you can direct me on how best to proceed

**MOD EDIT**
Check your messages.
edit on 3/29/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

edit on 17-4-2012 by gdstudy1359 because: Wrong place to post as a new member

top topics

join