It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Take Down Greece Government and Police Websites

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Another twist in the Greek saga:

Online activist group Anonymous have reportedly taken down a number of Greece government run websites in response to the the ‘uprising’ in Athens.

As you read this, buildings are being set ablaze in central Athens against the approval of an enormously unpopular bill set in place to secure a second bailout from the EU to help avoid national bankruptcy.

As far as we’re aware, Anonymous have taken down the following sites:a Major TV channel, Prime Minister’s website, National Police, Ministry of Finance and Minister of finance Evangelos Venizelos’ personal site.

thenextweb.com...

This doesn't seem to be a very damaging attack but perhaps they're just getting started. I believe the crooked leaders in Greece are worthy recipients of a hack attack. These scum need to be held accountable for the mess they made. I'm expecting damaging information of some Greek politicians to get leaked.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Are their any videos or live streams of the buildings on fire? I have people that have doubts.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Anon strikes again.

Here's what I don't get about Greece:

The don't want the austerity measures (cut backs) -- and they riot.

Then they also don't want another loan to avoid more cut backs -- and they riot.

What the hell DO they want?

For everything to just be wiped clean?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Apparently RT has a live feed, or at least did.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Anon strikes again.

Then they also don't want another loan to avoid more cut backs -- and they riot.

I saw a video before (I can't find it now but i'll look again which pretty much says it feels like they are owed a HUGE amount from Germany and they feel unfairly treated post-WWII

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
you bet your sweet apple pie they did...

no need for a second line as the first line is self explanatory.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

That's weird...

Treated bad after WWII?

ok.

But I thought they owed Germany money, not sure, but that's what I thought...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I think this is desperation on behalf of the people of Greece. I don't condone violence but things are really bad over there and people just don't know what to do and are sick of the system. I believe it's a sign of the times we live in and will probably lead to a lot more ripples on the global stage.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Something crazy is going on. I have been trying to access any live feeds from Syntagma Square and nothing will come up. They were fine this morning. One is from Dailymotion.com they say connection lost. The tension has been growing all weekend. I will keep looking but have had no luck for 45 minutes now. Maybe Greece shut done their internet. I guess we will see or not huh!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

That's weird...

Treated bad after WWII?

ok.

I'm not sure either - just what I read / watched.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Anon strikes again.

A) The loan of 103 billion is going directly to the banks, no support what so ever to social reconstruction

B) Salary's have been cut by 50%, pensions have been cut by 50%, unemployment is at an official 20% but its actually just bellow 25%, as i had posted several months ago, cold hard cash all but stopped flowing through businesses, the majority of those working are being back paid from 8 months to the better paid ones up to 3 months, as for those working for the government their payments are about to be delayed as prior mentioned that are in place within the private sector.

So, what would you as a citizen if you woke up and gradually seen the death of your nation in the hands of those who earn more than what you make in five years and they make in one month. ?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
Are their any videos or live streams of the buildings on fire? I have people that have doubts.

This should set aside any doubts:

It's happening.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

That's weird...

Treated bad after WWII?

ok.

lol,

Now thats something you dont come across every day.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Here is a live feed site

(in Greek however)

Athens live feed

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Anonymous are just another toy , used to fool the masses into thinking that someone somewhere is actually doing something , but as their recent actions have shown , Anonymous - if they are legit - do not have a clue where the problem actually lies.

I mean come on --------" ANONYMOUS "------- they have literally spelled it out for us.

Its funny how as soon as they get linked with the CIA ......... they "hack" the CIA ,
They say they`re going to do this, that, and the other .......... we`re still waiting ,
November 5th , W.T.F happened to that ?
Operation facebook ........ lie ,
And this Anon / OCCUPY ???
Occupy is exactly what the political elite want ... a reason to crack skulls and take names.

Anonymous are "them".

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
@cerebralassassins

lol, Now thats something you dont come across every day.

What?

I asked a question.

You answered it.

ty

edit on 2/12/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RockLobster

You call them anon or as the rest of the world would calls them ( the media ) anon, to me they are and could be anyone or any group as you mentioned. As for when sites do go down either from across the Atlantic or from within or from the underground bunker's its a separate situation. This particular situation is from within, and not from across the Atlantic ... i do believe you are in tune with what i am referring to.
edit on 12-2-2012 by cerebralassassins because: fixing syntax and all the errors that one can possibly achieve in four lines...lol

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak

Well for what's it's worth .....

My ex-wife is from Athens.

She and my daughter just talked to relatives about 10 miles from Athens in a suburb.

They can see a lot of smoke.

The cell phones work but not much else.

Internet is down and has been on and off for months.

Same with TV amd power.

The cell connection was garbled and got cut off after a few minutes.

edit on Feb-12-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Here you are. Some pics for you. Source
It´s in Greek.

And another article. Source

Peace
edit on 12-2-2012 by Seed76 because: New foto

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

If you're talking about greek VP Theodoros Pangalos accusations towards Germany regarding Greece's gold treasure that was allegedly stolen in 1941... that story is BS.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join