It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why conservatives . . . . . suck!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Still

Oh good hell.
A literal person you must be.....

I guess that I shall have to consult Websters Dictionary any time I have to interact with you.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Still

Oh good hell.
A literal person you must be.....

I guess that I shall have to consult Websters Dictionary any time I have to interact with you.

I must apologize for rejecting your made up definition of words and sticking with reality. That was totally unfair. How about we redefine a few other words as well. Conservative now means baby eating reptile.

Are you serious? You do not like the fact that I define words with their actual definitions and not whatever random nonsense I wish to pull out of my ass?

Guess we ran out of anything real to discuss then. Then again, in your dream America I would not even be allowed to speak my mind here anyway.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Still because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Still

How the US was created.
The issue of slavery were due to States Rights and N vs S.
I love hearing the canned retort of "Well, you just want to go back to (Insert slavery , etc..)".

No Conservative or Libertarian suggests that.
That is about the weakest response this year.

Go back to who the Country was created.
No handouts to person and/or business.
Taxes to fund the operations of the Fed Govt, Defense and Protection of Sovereignty.
Abolish all the illegitimate Govt Departments.
Let people be free, ALL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

Did you really only read "slavery?"
I think you missed something, aside from the larger idea.
I asked you specifically where you would like to start. Where is your answer?
Anyway, as a white women, slavery was not the one I focused on.
I find it interesting which one you left out.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I always wondered, if every American citizen is armed, then why do we need a (other) national defense and to give enormous amounts of money to it. The black budget, Area 51, Dugway proving grounds, scary robots, killer drones, what are those -really- for? I dont feel more safe with those, I feel more endangered. I can't believe a true conservative would want to continue giving money to those. No other country ever attacked us, but the US is the only country who used atomic bombs on civillian populations.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
shows you how right is he!!!!

Being a republican and being a conservative are two different things

that was hilarious... Personal responsibility FTW!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Still

And Captain Literal steps in again.

Not worth my time, as I know the type of person you are and the means for which you try to debate.

Alinsky taught you well, but not well enough.

edit on 16-2-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Conservitism = Valuing Freedom at the expense of Equality.
Libralism = Valuing Equality at the expense of Freedom.

Both freedom and equality are important democratic concepts and ideals, Both are valuable and both can lead to happiness. These are two sides of the same coin and the arguments people get into when trying to prove that freedom is more important then equality or that equality is more important then freedom are really silly when you understsand why the other side feels the way they do.

As concepts both Liberalism and Conservatism are good, as both values are important.

As a debate it is silly because both have value and no one debating is truely more "right" then the other.

As leadership goes neither side is right as all politicians in time become corrupted by the very nature of the power they seek. But the political ideal is not the issue here it is the individuals actions which lead to the failures of governemnt.

As for me, I feel that the more balanced you are in terms of valuing freedom and equality equally, the more well rounded your understanding of the US culture is and the more interresting the conversation you can bring to the political arena can be.

God Bless,
edit on 16-2-2012 by ElohimJD because: spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
I always wondered, if every American citizen is armed, then why do we need a (other) national defense and to give enormous amounts of money to it.

Armed citizens and an active, well-trained army are two different things. Forget "The Patriot", because the militias broke and ran during the Revolution. Only the Army stood fast.

Originally posted by Saucerwench
No other country ever attacked us, but the US is the only country who used atomic bombs on civillian populations.

Really? I guess you forgot what happened on 7 Dec 1941. Not to mention the War of 1812.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Still

Sorry, all I read was "blah blah blah".

The fact that you omit portions of my responses,, like I don't know state this

Speaks volumes as to your debate style and who you are.

Blah blah blah back to ya!!!!

Nice try though.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Still

Just keep repeating things Glenn Beck says to people. I am sure that will turn into a legitimate argument for why conservatives who feed off my tax dime are such whiny little bitches.

And please, show me where I live off your taxes.
Proof that you pay taxes and proof that I live off it.

Otherwise, just more blah blah blah BS.

Such language too. Maybe go back and review the terms here, before you spout off your pseud-intelligent vulgarity.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I also loved the video! The last part about hypocrites has always annoyed me to no end. A Republican politician does something against the law or unethical we Republicans boot them out. We don't want them as part of our group. A Democrat breaks the law and/or does something unethical they fight tooth and nail to stay in office and all the Democrat lackeys defend them to no end... why? I don't know, I'm not a Democrat. I have standards.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I also loved the video! The last part about hypocrites has always annoyed me to no end. A Republican politician does something against the law or unethical we Republicans boot them out. We don't want them as part of our group. A Democrat breaks the law and/or does something unethical they fight tooth and nail to stay in office and all the Democrat lackeys defend them to no end... why? I don't know, I'm not a Democrat. I have standards.

This is just not true.
Do you need a list of currently in office Republicans that have been found guilty of a crime or moral issues? One guy writing laws right now not only got arrested for hookers, we even know he liked to suck on their toes.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Just keep repeating things Glenn Beck says to people. I am sure that will turn into a legitimate argument for why conservatives who feed off my tax dime are such whiny little bitches.

Such language too. Maybe go back and review the terms here, before you spout off your pseud-intelligent vulgarity.

How brave.
You pretend to be a military type but are insistent you are not in the military.
K. For the next Rah rah post, I will keep this vast sidestepping in mind and see how you rectify the two then.
Cheers.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Still

Sorry, all I read was "blah blah blah".

The fact that you omit portions of my responses,, like I don't know state this

Speaks volumes as to your debate style and who you are.

Blah blah blah back to ya!!!!

Nice try though.

I get it, you are too young to be in the military aren't you?
Why should I repeat parts of your post that I have nothing to say in response to?
You know it was posted once.
Why do you need me to repeat it for you?
The fact that you think my not responding to part of your post means that other people could no longer read your post as it was written speaks volumes about you.

Not see if you can stop speaking so much about me without touching the topic at all.

Remember what the topic is?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

How brave.
You pretend to be a military type but are insistent you are not in the military.
K. For the next Rah rah post, I will keep this vast sidestepping in mind and see how you rectify the two then.
Cheers.

From the same person that pressed the issue if I voted or not.
I never stated I was CURRENTLY in the MILITARY.
For someone that pushed forth on the literal idea, you sure do either overlook or willfully omit things in your retorts.

Again, please provide proof that you pay taxes and that I live off said money.

Otherwise, just another failed attempt by you to press an issue, in an attempt to gain some kind of upper hand.

Not impressed at all.

Go back to your Liberal bootcamp and brush up on some new talking points.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

From the same person that pressed the issue if I voted or not.

What are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Still

Instead of fanning ignorance, why not just back and actually read past posts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Still

Don't you mean democrats like John Edwards? He had an affair while his wife was dying of cancer, and knocked up his mistress, then used campaign money to cover it up.
abcnews.go.com...
Goes both ways ya know.
Typical liberal...hypocrite that only knows how to insult and call people names.
Oh, and who can forget Clinton in the oral office, and all the tax money that went into that investigation, because HE LIED.
edit on 17-2-2012 by sickofitall2012 because: Add

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by Still

Don't you mean democrats like John Edwards?

John Edwards is not still in office.
Apparently you do not understand the difference here.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join