It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraq war claimed Illegal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The key states that joined the invasion of Iraq, have rejected the claims made by the United Nations secretary general Kofi Annan, that the war in Iraq was illegal. The choice should have been made by the Security Council and it contravenes with the UN charter.

BBC NEWS
Randy Scheunemann, a former advisor to US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, accused Mr Annan of trying to influence the outcome of the forthcoming US presidential election.

"I think it is outrageous for the secretary general, who ultimately works for the member states, to try and supplant his judgement for the judgement of the member states," he told the BBC.

"To do this 51 days before an American election reeks of political interference," Randy Scheunemann said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related Links
United Nations
Australian foreign ministry
US state department

Is Kofi Annan having a sudden fit of conscience in declaring that the Iraq war was illegal or is he trying to influence the forthcoming elections in America, Australia - and although not yet declared -imminent U.K elections.
Kofi Annan's seemingly unguarded statement to the BBC throws up all kinds of questions. Does the U.N have a place any more? - What about the Sudan and the slow peddle on the Iraq issue? Some one (country) had to make a decision. Kofi Annan got his view in before G.W Bush addresses the U.N General Assembly next week. He should have kept his mouth shut!

[edit on 16/9/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN

The key states that joined the invasion of Iraq, have rejected the claims made by the United Nations secretary general Kofi Annan, that the war in Iraq was illegal. The choice should have been made by the Security Council and it contravenes with the UN charter.

BBC NEWS
Randy Scheunemann, a former advisor to US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, accused Mr Annan of trying to influence the outcome of the forthcoming US presidential election.

"I think it is outrageous for the secretary general, who ultimately works for the member states, to try and supplant his judgement for the judgement of the member states," he told the BBC.

"To do this 51 days before an American election reeks of political interference," Randy Scheunemann said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related Links
United Nations
Australian foreign ministry
US state department

Is Kofi Annan having a sudden fit of concience in declaring that the Iraq war was illegal or is he trying to influence the forthcoming elections in America, Australia - and although not yet declared -imminent U.K elections.
Kofi Annan's seemingly unguarded statement to the BBC throws up all kinds of questions. Does the U.N have a place any more ?- what about the Sudan and the slow peddle on the Iraq issue? Some one (country) had to make a decision. Kofi Annan got his view in before G.W Bush addressses the U.N General Assembly next week. He should have kept his mouth shut!

Kofi Annan doesn't need to shut his mouth!

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Its simple, dont ask him questions you dont want to hear the answers to

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
illegal? by what law exactly? the UN laws? pfft thats funny.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Kofi Annan has every right to speak up. He likely reflects the opinion of most of the rest of the world ...

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hey Koffi, buddy ole' pal o'mine....
How's the child prostitution coming along?
The 'Ladies' still visiting the UN building?
Can I ask you questions concerning you, your son, and the Food for Oil Program?

And much more.....
Koffi?
Follow the money, k?

seekerof

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
illegal? by what law exactly? the UN laws? pfft thats funny.

i agree totally. accusations from the UN hold little weight. it is the weakest organization on the face of the planet. it uses american soilders to further its little aganden. i say the next time the UN wants to send soldiers somewhere the US should tell them no. why not send french soldiers, german soldats, russian soldiers? how come we always get stuck with the bill when the UN wants to do something?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I find it curious, what makes a war legal or illegal? All war is, is a rich man's game of chess - how much money can we make from the suffering of others?

The UN is a joke. I find it funny that the UN even has an opinion, who the heck do the officials of the UN think created the UN? The US! It was basically created to make other countries and people think that they have a say in what other countries (US) do - to make them feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

The "United Nations...?" : - /

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
As I have said before, the UN is nothing more than a top-heavy charity organization. It exists at the pleasure of the United States. Our money, Our troops, and Our political influence are what got this organization out of its first years and sustained it since.

Tell the UN to raise an army, fund itself, and gain sovreignity over its members, then it will have some kind of clout with which to approach the US.

The history of UN military interventions can be summed up in about this: We go to Africa and America pays and bleeds well over half the cost, then the Europeans get cold feet (or maybe just decide to stab America in the back) just in time to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Jesus Christ, your all begining to sound like a bunch of Nazis.

They said and did the exact same things you guys are defending in the years leading up to WW2. Learn from history, and learn to respect an orginisation that aims to stop it from repeating itself.

top topics

join