It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what UK think about ARGENTINA, and then they call us colonialists??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

The point though is that the line has to drawn at some point in history. To argue against this would also mean that logically Argentina would have to support returning the land of Argentina to the native tribes that were already present before colonisation. That is ridiculous though so the line was drawn in the sand and it was decided 'this is the nation'. Well, the same holds true for the Falkland Islands, otherwise Argentina is trying to argue both sides of the coin - people who do that always look foolish as this is an impossible position.

And it really does simply come down to self determination. What is good for Darfur is good for East Timor is good for Kosovo is good for the Falkland Islands.

I bet Kirchner never pushed in the media in Argentina that she had turned down a 50/50 split on any future oil deposits in the area - the question should be why not? What does she have to gain by not publicising this fact?

I have said it many times before, the whole Falklands thing is a total non issue and will not result in anything more than occasional sabre rattling in order to gain some popularity within Argentina. Even the blockade is a total farce! We in Britain and you in Argentina should not be rising to it.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

You should be smacking up your banks locally too.
they are not even Brit.
They just work for them, not even for the uk people, not even for the argentine people, not even for anyone but them...
I can lend you a stick if you need some

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

The thing is that here are still living natives in our country, the tehuelches, the querandies, the mapuches, the wichis, they even get free digital tv you know?
by they way i am myself a descendant from the cacique Baigorria in the zone where in actually known as Tucuman,
So the thing is the british stated to Roca int 1880 that the indigenous population should be extermined to let them work securely when they brought the railroads and the frieges for meat proccesing in the rio de la plata coast, so they tried to exterminate local population for their own economic purposes, as the Brits did all over the globe.

I`m not questioning this, but of course if you invade a populations with less resources and weaponry cappabilities, you shoul expect rendition or submission, noone like`s to be exterminated.

I guess i answer your inquiry

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueInstinct

yeah i see you signed recently
jajaja
second line

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I guess the chinese don`t have that sense of humour, and half of the patagonia belongs to them.
they won`t be laughing

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath
reply to post by TrueInstinct

You are absolutely wrong, but your history books tell`s you that you are right.
May be you also think the human race is dated to 2000 years old.
May be you still go to church to believe the written book, and wish to be forgiven for your sins.

Well that`s not the real world my friend and you thinking i`m an idiot shows the level of your culture and the lack of understanding you have with other people, of course in that way you will always be right.
Stay that way immovable, like all the things that get rotten and obsolete.

You are doing the right thing, keep it that way, for you the earth is still in the center of the universe

My lack of understanding? Do you understand you've made a thread entitled 'THIS IS WHAT THE UK THINK ABOUT ARGENTINA'? When you clearly don't understand the difference between 2 people and an entire nation.

Why are you babbling about religion and things that aren't even relevant. The point you're trying to make isn't working.

You're the one with the lack of understanding, which you've proven with this brilliant anti-british thread.

And just so you know, I don't believe every single thing I read is correct. Maybe I'm an athiest and I believe in evolution? What do you know?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

No, actually you really haven't answered it at all. You have muddied the waters though! Is the land going back to the Indians or is it still Argentina? Obviously, they simply just live in Argentina, so there is no return of land.

Therefore how can Argentina expect to claim back land from somewhere else? The whole continent is dominated by immigrants. Any cries of colonialism from these nations are a total joke and hypocracy in its highest form.

I actually do not understand how people cannot see that?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Argentina should think long and hard before too soon repeating their little adventure on the Falklands not so long ago.

There was a great loss of life the last time, and theres no evidence to say that it wouldn't be the same this time around. If Argentina is looking for Round 2 than the British armed forces more than happy to step up.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
hello and let me start off with these 4 points

1 Falklands islanders are of British decent and CHOOSE to be British

2 UN will ask Falklands islanders if they wish to remain part of UK (they WILL choose to remain)

3 Argentina has NO claim to the lands apart from them being nearby (250 nautical miles from their shores???)

4 the islands were UN-INHABITED when Europeans first colonised it (combination of Britain Portugal and Spain were arguing over who got their first)

look on wiki page for falklands it will tell you how it came to be (my links wont work somehow)

and as far as the cup in the OP photo goes it is a bit far-fetched to paint all of Britain with the same brush
it was made by people from the Falklands NOT mainland UK and I'm not surprised they made that cup as they "hate" Argentina I mean after all they probably lost loved ones in 1982
Falkland islanders find the name "Maldivas" insulting as they already have a name and do not want to be branded by anyone but themselves

also i would like to see proof/evidence that the island had its people wiped out when Europeans colonised it
as i can post evidence of the contrary from multiple sources!

by the way see you guys at the 2014 world cup!! (when we probably get beat...)
no sneaky hand of god will help you guys then!!
(the other goal diego maradona scored in that match was awesome by the way!)
edit on 8-2-2012 by Insearchofthetruth1987 because: my link didnt work

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath
reply to post by Grifter81

Yeah may be you are right, i`m making things too big.
imagine an Argentinian selling this cups but with UK erased in the Olympic games in 2012?
Would you like it?

Sure not.

To be honest it wouldn't bother me one bit mate, It's a cup, that's all. I probably wouldn't buy one anyway? The wife wouldn't have tacky mugs in the house

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I live in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador. I live on the island of Newfoundland.

Literally just off the shore of my island, theres a set of islands called Ste. Pierre and Miquelon, Collectivité territoriale de Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon as the French call it, because its the only remnant of the former colonial empire of New France that remains under French control.

What if, tomrrow, Canada decided to go ahead and annex that isle. Would you be in support of that?

After all, it is really quite close indeed to the island of Newfoundland, part of a Canadian province. A very short ferry ride. I've never been there personally, nor do I frankly with to go there.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
What I don't understand is how you still exist as a nation and people. We should have wiped you out after your first failed attempt at colonising a part of our country, hopefully, we will do so should you be foolish to try again.

For every British business you fools damage, the Royal Navy should sink one Argentinian passenger ship, hell, our subs are good at sinking and killing you off. We'll play it your way and see how you like it.
edit on 10-2-2012 by nocollegeonsunday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

What do you mean most of our football team are not British?

Please do tell which players are not British?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Yet ANOTHER retarded thread amongst the myriad of retarded threads about Argentine claims to the Falkland Islands.
Your average Brit in 1982 did'nt even know where the Falklands where...the majority thought they where of the coast of Northern Scotland for god's sake...that is how important they are to the man in the street.

However, when the military junta of Argentina made the costly mistake of invading in '82 to try and bolster support for an ever more flagging regime amidst a country in political and financial turmoil, they did'nt take into account that Margret Thatcher herself was in need of something to bolster her flagging government's support...and by invading the island's, they gave her an election time heaven sent boost.

The Brits dont like war, but when we have to fight, we fight. As Napoleon said "England is a nation of shopkeepers".
And Montgomery topped it off by saying the "trouble with our British lads is that they are not killers by nature".

A British commander resigned after he was counter ordered by Thatcher to attack Goose Green. He said they could bypass it by night and the Argies would'nt notice. Maggie said NO. Take Goose Green.
For her the more Argie dead, the better the chances of winning the election. At what cost though.

Maggie was determined to milk the Falklands for all it was worth. We knew we would win, and Maggie pushing the "Britan will not tolerate foreign agression" card, guaranteed herself another stint at No. 10.

Maggie actually thought about dropping a nuke on Argentina in '82.

Now, it's all about oil. Argentinas smelt black gold and wants some, because soon, they're wont be any and the price will rocket.

In the end, the Islanders are British by choice, if they want a referendum, so be it, but until then, the Islands are and remain British sovereign terrritory.
edit on 10-2-2012 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm not sure how you Argies commit to politics - but in the UK we don't base international opinion based around one coffee cup.

Just saying.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I'm not sure how you Argies commit to politics - but in the UK we don't base international opinion based around one coffee cup.

Just saying.

No, we would base it around one tea cup..
2nd.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

Actually, you're right. I was thinking of normal teams (Man U, Liverpool etc) and got confused. I retract my previous statement.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I wouldn't be too pressed about the mug. Souvenir type stuff made in bulk can sometimes have mistakes but they'll still sell them to somebody for cheap, who will sell it to someone else real cheap, after all a cup is a cup is a cup. i.e. 99 cent stores.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Think it's a bit retarded to think the whole of the UK made a set of cups. Like, duh!!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
having worked in one of the major uk pottery companies i can tell you that the IQ of the average litho operator (the person who puts the image transfer on the cup) is not very high as they're paid to stick them onto the cups on piece rate as well so they dont really look at the images just slap them on as its the managements job to ensure everythings right and some of the management aint much brighter than a dull bulb to be honest

does the bottom of the mug reveal any details such as the pottery company/country of manufacture etc?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join