It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Paying Cash For a Cup of Coffee a 'Potential Indicator of Terrorist Activity'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What would be funny is if they busted their own agent for drinking coffee.
I mean how many LE in all government fields pay for their coffee in cash?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

uh, last time i checked, when they blew up the OKC building, that pretty much killed the militia movement in the 90's.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

So now every college kid in the US is a potential terrorist because they pay with cash and just happen to be working on a quantum mechanics paper and it looks like a code-sheet to an uneducated barista?
When can I wake up from this nightmare?!?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

The flyer is for Internet cafes NOT coffee shops. Nowhere in the flyer does it say that paying cash for coffee should be considered suspicious behavior. People on ATS need to calm the F down and get a life.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BeliefInReality

You do realize that the majority of internet cafes also sell coffee, right?
At least most do in the SE USA.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Inciting people against their neighbours is one of the many manifestations of a totalitarian government. Paranoia of subversive elements, bound to happen when people resent their leaders so much.

Also, just another excuse to bring down the hammer.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by georgiaboy

I'm saying that no rational, un-biased individual, would read this flyer as applying to coffee transactions. It very clearly applies to people using cash to purchase computer access. Its common knowledge that terrorists use Internet cafes for anonymous Internet use.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm surprised it doesn't have on that list:

Anyone who breathes is a potential terrorist.

Unreal.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think my favorite one is "communicating through a PC game". Yeah, because we all know that communicating to party members on WoW is the first step towards becoming a uni-bomber.

No wonder they have such a hard time catching people. These idiots don't have a clue what they're doing.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BeliefInReality

You say it's common knowledge, like you have actually seen a terrorist doing this. While I don't doubt that a terrorist would use an internet-cafe, that is not what these flyers seem to be aimed at. The actions this flyer describes sounds more like normal americans, who still believe they have a right to privacy, than terrorists. So I guess I'm a terrorist because I believe they are right!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What if someone does not want to fall into mountains of debt via a credit card, or simply does not have one? Am they a terrorist then?
What about if someone uses proxies or TOR in coffee shops because they are just paranoid and just so happen to be a programmer who decided to take their work with them? Does that make them a terrorist?
What if they just like to relax with World of Warcraft and chat with guild members? Still a terrorist?

Oh no, I fall into a lot of those categories, I'm a terrorist!!!

Run away!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeliefInReality

I'm saying that no rational, un-biased individual, would read this flyer as applying to coffee transactions. It very clearly applies to people using cash to purchase computer access. Its common knowledge that terrorists use Internet cafes for anonymous Internet use.

Internet cafes are a thing of the past.

Another intermediary step in the Internet revolution that is now obsolete is the Internet café. It used to be that these cafés lined the streets of various urban locations. They were trendy new "it" place to be seen while sipping a latte and checking your email. For those who are simply too young to remember: an Internet café was a store that had computers inside of it that you could rent by the minute to access the Internet. Sometimes there was a proper café area as well, where you could order a coffee or a scone to munch on while you browsed the net, you had to be careful with the keyboards, of course!). But now that you can buy a small laptop for $300, and then take it to any library, café, or airport and get online with no trouble at all, these Internet cafés are simply irrelevant. What´s more, in most public and private locations, you can access wireless Internet for free! Article Source: EzineArticles.com...

It is however, "common knowledge" that Homeland Security has been heavily invested in subsidizing these relics of the past called internet cafes, just to lure in what that client that is "commonly known" as the "terrorist". Of course, it is also commonly known that claims such as this posted on the internet can just as easily be "sarcasm" as they could be investigative reporting. The ambiguity of such a posts may lead to concerns for those ever vigilant watchdogs who believe that keeping internet cafes open to lure in the suspicious people, which would be anyone who pays in cash, and they may wonder why this post was not made in an internet cafe paid for by cash, and also wonder why it was posted in a coffee house where wifi is free and the coffee was paid for by cash. Such is the mysterious nature of the "commonly known" suspicious character.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
who really lost there mind fema has

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

It just comes down to your opinion of the FBI and law enforcement. If you believe that this flyer is part of a massive conspiracy to surveil the average American citizen, then so be it. I'm not saying your belief is wrong in any way.

Personally I believe that this flyer is an attempt to educate Americans at being more attentive to their surroundings. Innocent enough....

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Soon withdrawing money from your bank account will be an act of terrorism.. WTF is going on these days?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
FBI = Federal bureau of idiocy?

I used to work in a coffee cop, for many, many months the card swipe machine was knackered - we had... thousands of terrorists, I mean customers drinking coffee PAID BY CASH!!!

OH MY GOD!

Federal Bureau of I KNOW I KNOW, LETS PICK HIM!!!! He's a Terrorist!!!

Man, next step, if you use a computer you're a terrorist. Own a mobile phone, you're a terrorist. Have a digital watch, you're a terrorist.

Seems Douglass Adams was on the money with Digital Watches and Humans..

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

This planet has—or rather had—a problem, which was this: most of the people on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

And so the problem remained; lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches.

Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans.

And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, a girl sitting on her own in a small café in Rickmansworth suddenly realized what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.

Sadly, however, before she could get to a phone to tell anyone about it, a terrible, stupid catastrophe occurred, and the idea was lost forever.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Oh snap - I wonder what they would say about people who actually make coffee at home!

Do people still do that, with Starbucks on every corner?

Too Right I do, takes ages with my Turkish grinder, but the quality if far superior.

Oh my, Turkish grinder? Which I purchased from Turkey? in order to secretly make coffee??

FBI... Frighteningly Bordering Insanity.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

it's to bad they missed a few bushes
to institute a one world gov. they must destroy freedom in america and other so called free nations.
the patriot gave them power(assumed)to go after all who would give chase against their plan.
all our gov is this way and is threatened by those who feed them.so for them to stay them,they then must control absolutely!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
hahahaha, the "gumment" wants us to do their job for them.
too bad so many people will start to act accordingly and follow their orders.
its going to run amuck i guarantee ya...

people don't need a prod to judge other people. that happens at the shopping market every day.

please get me off this dumb ass planet filled with dumb ass people.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You do not have to be in the cafe' to access the internet
as far as I know.

Most strip malls have an unsecured network/router to get
you on and you can do it from the privacy of your car or the
back of a van.

This whole thing does not make much sense, unless someone
was doing this for the thrill!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join