It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbers Torture 70 yr old man with Red-Hot spoon-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
As if you really need another reason to arm yourself, heres another disgusting story. Two thugs barge into a 70 year old mans home, torture him with a red hot spoon, and to add insult to injury, they steal the van he uses to take care of his disabled son! These men should have been met at the door with a 12 gauge shotgun. That is not an opinion, that is a FACT. Please, please send one of these types of people to my house, id like to teach them a long hard lesson in humanity
chicago.cbslocal.com...

he burglars, who were rifling through his possessions when he came home, duct-taped him to a chair at gunpoint and threatened to kill him, he said. “I thought we were going to die,” he said. “They turned up the TV as loud as it would go and said they would shoot.” His son, Pleasure Herron — a wheelchair-bound cerebral palsy patient and a special education student at Whitney M. Young Magnet High School — was scared but did not understand what was happening, Gregory said.

Im telling you people, this will just happen more and more as the economy continues to tank. Just wait till the dollar totally crashes and see the chaos that will erupt around you, wouldnt you like to at the very least, be able to protect your own family? Just sayin

ETA:I know the article states he just got home to find them rifling through his stuff, no time to grab the gauge, nothing a fine sidearm couldnt take care of. Remember, when you only have seconds, the police are minutes away.
edit on 6-2-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
A perfect reason why Illinois needs capitol punishment.

We are the only state without any sort of conceal or open carry.

Come here to do your crime

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
That is so sick! I feel sorry for them. I wish those thugs would have tried that at my house instead, I would of had the surprise of a lifetime for them. I hope the police can find them soon. Better yet, I hope a vigilante finds them first! Sick, disgusting pieces of trash...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
As if you really need another reason to arm yourself, heres another disgusting story. Two thugs barge into a 70 year old mans home, torture him with a red hot spoon, and to add insult to injury, they steal the van he uses to take care of his disabled son! These men should have been met at the door with a 12 gauge shotgun. That is not an opinion, that is a FACT. Please, please send one of these types of people to my house, id like to teach them a long hard lesson in humanity
chicago.cbslocal.com...

he burglars, who were rifling through his possessions when he came home, duct-taped him to a chair at gunpoint and threatened to kill him, he said. “I thought we were going to die,” he said. “They turned up the TV as loud as it would go and said they would shoot.” His son, Pleasure Herron — a wheelchair-bound cerebral palsy patient and a special education student at Whitney M. Young Magnet High School — was scared but did not understand what was happening, Gregory said.

Im telling you people, this will just happen more and more as the economy continues to tank. Just wait till the dollar totally crashes and see the chaos that will erupt around you, wouldnt you like to at the very least, be able to protect your own family? Just sayin

ETA:I know the article states he just got home to find them rifling through his stuff, no time to grab the gauge, nothing a fine sidearm couldnt take care of. Remember, when you only have seconds, the police are minutes away.
edit on 6-2-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

I don't think it has TOO much to do with the economy. I mean, people have been commiting crimes since the beginning of time. Needless to say this is outright crazy. Too bad it happens all the time and more than half the time they don't get caught in the act, at least from what I know.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is the reason you should USE your right to own a gun...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

you have to understand
these sacrifices are necessary
so that rahm and his mob can feel secure.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The burglars hit the boy, then heated up a spoon over the stove and held it against Gregory’s hand to force him to give up the PIN number for his bank card, he added.

That's just sick......

I hope they get caught

I hope someone donates another disablity-abled van to him as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I agree, I hope they are brought to justice, but thats what I mean, they should have already been served that justice with a blast of piping hot lead

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is disgusting. I have always stated just please let these type try this on me or one of my redneck friends. Of course, they don't because they are predator's and know their targets. Used to be, if they were caught and jailed, they learned not to mess with the young and old. There is no longer "honour among thieves".

I fear the direction our country is going, and I agree we will see more of this type crime as times get worse. The time has come for citizens and neighbors to watch out for those who are vulnerable. In my neighborhood, I'm that guy who is always in his garage with the door open and watching everything. It probably doesn't hurt that I am always working on or cleaning my weapon's out here either.

Drop on by, the garage door is open.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Even though I urge my dad to support gun rights due to incidents like there he insisted that the second amendment should be gone to reduce crime

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This had nothing to do with the economy. It had everything to do with revenge.

Comments the burglars made about a woman he had never heard of “ratting me out” led him to believe that they mistook his apartment for someone else’s, he said.

These are criminals. Chicago has some tough gun laws, but as you can easily read these criminals were armed. Criminals by definition do not care about laws. They break laws. That is why we call them criminals. This is also why people say that gun laws only serve to arm the criminals. The only people who pay attention to gun laws, are people who do not want to break the law.
edit on 6-2-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Even though I urge my dad to support gun rights due to incidents like there he insisted that the second amendment should be gone to reduce crime

So taking away the second amendment will make guns go away? It would only outlaw them and you know what that means? Thats right, only outlaws will have guns

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

They don't need a gun they have the police.

This is why my 1911 never leaves my side.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Here in CT it is illegal for a criminal to have a gun. But that don't stop them now does it? Getting rid of the second amendment to reduce crime is like getting rid of hospitals so people wont get sick.

And remember the second amendment does not give you any rights. It only protects the right you already have.

new topics

top topics

join