It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids,the only place where we can hide in case of global cataclysm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The most solid and indestructible structures ever built by humans, thousands of years old.

A place where you can hide in case of any disaster.In case of flood ,strong CME,big earthquakes,nuclear attack..and so on.

Maybe they have ever used to hide in the only surface bunkers ever built.

Underground bunkers may not be so safe for example in the case of floods.

TextEarthquake-proof and massive pyramid El Castillo, Chichen Itza.
source(en.wikipedia.org...

source(en.wikipedia.org...

We don't know other structures to resist in case of cataclysm since the last two tsunamis have destroyed everything in their path.

The last legacy of the ancients,the pyramids, true works of art can not be reproduced because there is no technology to oppose human effort.

Tell me where you can hide in case of global cataclysm...if there is a place except the pyramids.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I get your point but a pyramid isn't much use during a mega flood, more like a giant tomb! Same goes for major volcanic events - all you would achieve is being sealed alive inside it.

To be honest, there aren't many places to hide if you are talking true catastrophy, except maybe high ground in the middle of continental land masses, well away from earthquake and volcano zones.

If you are though, build a pyramid there and you should be safe!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I get your point but a pyramid isn't much use during a mega flood, more like a giant tomb! Same goes for major volcanic events - all you would achieve is being sealed alive inside it.
Depend when it was built,

TextCritics use the pyramids to claim the Bible can’t be right. They say the pyramids were built long before Noah’s Flood, so the Flood must have only been a local affair, not global like the Bible says. Otherwise, the pyramids would be buried under lots of sediment
source(www.answersingenesis.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I can imagine it's cool for shockwaves. And maybe its shape works like stealth on x-rays too

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ
I can imagine it's cool for shockwaves. And maybe its shape works like stealth on x-rays too
Yeah I think they have been tested before by the ancient ,in different situations,but there is no proof or text left as we don't really know when it was built.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
What a waste of space this thread is, from inaccurate to badly researched...

... I just had to pop-in to make the correction that a the sphere is the best geometric form for an habitation, both as a protective structure, better in capacity and material utilization ... ...and if material is still an issue, just do a dome...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Still the pyramids are the only construction that resist in time for thousands of years!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You may be correct, the problem is would 'they' even let 'us' in the pyramids?? Pretty sure we'd get blocked from entering.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Nice idea. They are a bit small, for "us" here at ATS to fit into however.
In you hypothesis, it would seem that a huge resource was spent,to protect very few.
I think if they were for the purpose of a bunker, resources would be best used going underground.
I am of the opinion that these structures have something to do with converting geomagnetic energy into some kind of usable form.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

To be honest, there aren't many places to hide if you are talking true catastrophy, except maybe high ground in the middle of continental land masses, well away from earthquake and volcano zones
Depend of the type of catastrophe ,the area and region, there are many variables to take in calculation.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
You may be correct, the problem is would 'they' even let 'us' in the pyramids?? Pretty sure we'd get blocked from entering.
If we are there "few of us" at the right moment,maybe we have a chance to escape.If we are lucky enough.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rom12345

I think if they were for the purpose of a bunker, resources would be best used going underground
Underground in case of prolonged flooding,I don't know how someone could resist,it's hard to build a bunker perfectly isolated from water.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

TextAfter the great catastrophes of the earlier ages the kings of Egypt, conscious of the possibility of their repetition, erected the pyramids as huge shelters for themselves and the most important persons of their household. The pyramids as shelters have large bases and enourmously thick walls to protect the chambers inside from hurricanes, avalanches of meteorites or brimstone, poisonous gases,(24) and inundation. The pyramidal form is statically the strongest possible structure for opposing a vertically directed impact from above (meteorites), as well as lateral pressure (of floods and hurricanes). The entrance is situated not on the level of the ground but high above it; the water of a flood forty feet high would not penetrate the pyramid of Cheops. But if the water were to rise as high as the entrance and force the door, it would not reach the chambers, which were situated at a higher level. The outer surface of the pyramid was covered with smooth stones, and was not in steps as it has been since the stone facade was removed and used for other purposes during the later ages. This smooth surface was the best protection against a shower of bolides and served also to protect against the penetration of water. The entrance door was a swivel construction.(25)
source(www.varchive.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

for me .. this thread lost credence and i stopped reading at .. "built by humans" ....
im not saying it wasnt ... but the statement is enough for me not to take the OP seriously

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

"built by humans" .
And maybe inhabited by people in the past to fend off disaster.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The last legacy of the ancients,the pyramids, true works of art can not be reproduced because there is no technology to oppose human effort.

they can be reproduced...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF

they can be reproduced...
Very hard at that size,even with now days technology.

new topics

top topics

join