It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ayatollah: Kill all Jews, annihilate Israel

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

When the article appears on Farsnews, which is run by the Revolutionary Guards who answer directly to the Ayatollah, do you really think they are going to post something the Ayatollah never said?

Farnews is official as far as Iran goes, since you know, they own it.

If the MSM carried it, people would only continue their claims of western propaganda. OI course some people already are making that claim while apparently doing their best to ignore the Farsnews article.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Xcathdra

Hey how you...
I think something smells a little wrong with this. If they really felt this way about the Jews then surely they would start with the ones in there own back door... and as far as I am aware the Jews in Iran are still living there.... no problems

And why would they appear to be "tipping" their hand by announcing all these insane intentions.

If they really wanted to "attack", then they should be making friends first, then attack.

The Iranian "leadership" might be in kahootz with the "West".

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Thank you for insulting us, claiming our allegiance with the supposed enemy, and making huge blanket statements that basically admit there is no evidence except you expert opinion and interpretation of non evidence. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I was looking for news and found this,

Iran bans 'The Simpsons' toys, report says

Feb 6 (Reuters) - The Simpsons are corroding the morals of Iranian youth, an official said on Monday, as dolls based on Bart, Homer and the rest of the American cartoon family joined the shapely Barbie among Western toys targeted by a new crackdown in Tehran.

www.reuters.com...

Hmmmmm, and Homer works at a Nuclear Power Plant, very interesting, seriously?
edit on 022929p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Hey how you...
I think something smells a little wrong with this. If they really felt this way about the Jews then surely they would start with the ones in there own back door... and as far as I am aware the Jews in Iran are still living there.... no problems

How can you look at the evidence and still stick to your guns? Do you have any evidence to suggest this isn’t true? There’s nothing fabricated here…take the Iranian leaders at their own words.

Calling Israel a danger to Islam, the conservative website Alef, with ties to Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said the opportunity must not be lost to remove “this corrupting material. It is a “‘jurisprudential justification” to kill all the Jews and annihilate Israel, and in that, the Islamic government of Iran must take the helm.”
(OP's Source)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Why is it that I am not surprised by that persian infidel apostate ayatollah's dependence on the Chinese and Russian gov for support and protection?

After all - he shares a lot in common with those 2 anti-human govs. They are all avowed and professed anti-God, with no God in their hearts except to see themselves as gods over man, descendents of the devil Mao and Stalin.

And each time when muslim brothers were persecuted, it had ALWAYS been the children of the book whom worshipped the same common Creator that spoke up, effect change and even risk their lives for fellow human pesecuted muslim brothers, such as kuwait, kurdistan, iraq, libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Yeman, etc while those leaders whom claim to be a GREAT Islamic leader hides away or simply act brazenly belligerently, and when the fight is over, first to claim credit.

May our fellow human brothers of the muslim faith open their eyes, and seek for truth, instead of further being misled by the devil. The truth is self evident, more so in these times....
edit on 6-2-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
thia is FAKE.
it is just to start a war agains them.
if they wonted to kill them off this bad.
they would have been doing stuff or years.
only america wonts this war.

Farsnews

Please explain how this is fake. Is the Farsnews a front for the CIA or Mossad? Did members of the IRG go bonkers and decide to attribute words to their Supreme Leader that he never said?

Please, by all means, show us how Farsnews, which is owned by the IRG who answer directly to the Ayatollah, is posting false information.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Viking9019
Wasn't the leader of Iran supposed to have said this a few years ago but it was the media twisting the words around to bring hate upon Iran?

Actually Ahmadenijad did say it. The IRIB (Iranian State Media) covered the event, and was the Iranian media outlet that all other media outlets got their information from. The IRIB is the one who translated the President, and I doubt they are going to attribute words to him if he never said them being it would be a death sentence if they did.

When it created international backlash their propaganda machine tried to erase all evidence of him ever saying it and Ahmadenijad went on a denial spree that put his holocaust denials to shame.

This was proven false at least five times during the past few days on ATS alone.
With sources quoting Farsi text.

I am getting tired of repeating the same thing. 'Rezhim' in Ahmad's sentence means regime, not country.

Ahmad's 2006 delivery brought up the Soviet Empire as a parallel. Well, the Soviets fell PEACEFULLY.
No war, no "preemptive" strikes.

Which is what you seem to imply all the time. And which would be justified as soon as material evidence is brought by serious Western intelligence or the IAEA.

Not this kind of slanted "evidence" though.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
reply to post by seabag

Thank you for insulting us, claiming our allegiance with the supposed enemy, and making huge blanket statements that basically admit there is no evidence except you expert opinion and interpretation of non evidence. Thanks!

There is enough credible evidence to fill TWO BOOKS, many just choose to ignore it. It’s all been hashed and rehashed 100 times over. Regardless what your thoughts are about Israel or the US, you can’t justify Iran’s actions and words by pointing to other countries and then expect to be taken seriously!! You also can’t keep denying the growing evidence and expect to be taken seriously!! If pointing out the obvious holes in some people’s arguments is insulting then I’m sorry!!
edit on 6-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I was looking for news and found this,

Iran bans 'The Simpsons' toys, report says

Feb 6 (Reuters) - The Simpsons are corroding the morals of Iranian youth, an official said on Monday, as dolls based on Bart, Homer and the rest of the American cartoon family joined the shapely Barbie among Western toys targeted by a new crackdown in Tehran.

www.reuters.com...

Hmmmmm, and Homer works at a Nuclear Power Plant, very interesting, seriously?
edit on 022929p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Well this is a gigantic development !!

I think a major trade war is imminent now for sure.

This must be the real reason behind Obama's new sanctions !!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

They ALWAYS SAY REGIME. They speak of Zionist not Jews. What don't you understand.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
there are thousands of Jews firmly against Zionism, do they secretly want to kill themselves?
+
actually, only 2/3 of the worlds Jewish population supports Zionism.

edit on 6-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
www.microsofttranslator.com...

what does that mean, Iran in less than nine minutes of Israel is destroyed?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Sounds like a propaganda piece to me.

Watch out! Brownies comin'!
edit on 6-2-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Only if you let it. I don't see why we have to.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Im so sick of waiting for this war to start, someone better show some testicular fortitude soon...I wanna see some nukes go off and some arabs melted. (Not because I care about any of this issues at hand, just because I love to see the world burn >

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
US Rep. Dennis Kucinich says there was no quote sea bag. Is he a Muslim? Does he lack evidence. You have more than him? two books?

www.mohammadmossadegh.com...

antiwar.com...

no war, no ignorance, no quote.

edit on 6-2-2012 by casenately because: fix name

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It is a “‘jurisprudential justification” to kill all the Jews

I am sticking to my guns because it does not make sense. If they wanted to kill all Jews they would start with the Jews in Iran and I am not hearing of this happen.

The way I see it. They lied about Iraq and now they are lying about Iran....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Plus, the Farsnews article you quote says:

The necessity of the destruction of Israel from the perspective of Imam Khomeini

May I point out that Khomeini has been dead for a long time now?
Iran has a different ayatollah. Named Khamenei, not Khomeini.

Your title and out-of-context reference allows the possibility that it is the present ayatollah that said this recently.
You should make that clear.
Why?
Because there are people who want a deadly confrontation and words do matter now.

There is also a disclaimer later on the page (author's views etc.) No one says this is the view of Iran's government in 2012. Although one can guess that it is no chance that they re-publish the former Ayatollah's words just now.

I do not agree with either of the ayatollahs, but the point is, you seem to be looking for a casus belli in Iran's present rhetoric.

So far you have failed.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The Speech and Context:

While the false "wiped off the map" extract has been repeated infinitely without verification, Ahmadinejad's actual speech itself has been almost entirely ignored. Given the importance placed on the "map" comment, it would be sensible to present his words in their full context to get a fuller understanding of his position. In fact, by looking at the entire speech, there is a clear, logical trajectory leading up to his call for a "world without Zionism." One may disagree with his reasoning, but critical appraisals are infeasible without first knowing what that reasoning is.

In his speech, Ahmadinejad declares that Zionism is the West's apparatus of political oppression against Muslims. He says the "Zionist regime" was imposed on the Islamic world as a strategic bridgehead to ensure domination of the region and its assets. Palestine, he insists, is the frontline of the Islamic world's struggle with American hegemony, and its fate will have repercussions for the entire Middle East.

Ahmadinejad acknowledges that the removal of America's powerful grip on the region via the Zionists may seem unimaginable to some, but reminds the audience that, as Khomeini predicted, other seemingly invincible empires have disappeared and now only exist in history books. He then proceeds to list three such regimes that have collapsed, crumbled or vanished, all within the last 30 years:

(1) The Shah of Iran – the U.S. installed monarch

(2) The Soviet Union

(3) Iran's former arch-enemy, Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein

In the first and third examples, Ahmadinejad prefaces their mention with Khomeini's own words foretelling that individual regime's demise. He concludes by referring to Khomeini's unfulfilled wish: "The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time. This statement is very wise." This is the passage that has been isolated, twisted and distorted so famously. By measure of comparison, Ahmadinejad would seem to be calling for regime change, not war.

The Origin:

One may wonder: where did this false interpretation originate? Who is responsible for the translation that has sparked such worldwide controversy? The answer is surprising.

The inflammatory "wiped off the map" quote was first disseminated not by Iran's enemies, but by Iran itself. The Islamic Republic News Agency, Iran's official propaganda arm, used this phrasing in the English version of some of their news releases covering the World Without Zionism conference. International media including the BBC, Al-Jazeera, Time magazine and countless others picked up the IRNA quote and made headlines out of it without verifying its accuracy, and rarely referring to the source. Iran's Foreign Minister soon attempted to clarify the statement, but the quote had a life of its own. Though the IRNA wording was inaccurate and misleading, the media assumed it was true, and besides, it made great copy.

Amid heated wrangling over Iran's nuclear program, and months of continuous, unfounded accusations against Iran in an attempt to rally support for preemptive strikes against the country, the imperialists had just been handed the perfect raison d'être to invade. To the war hawks, it was a gift from the skies.

It should be noted that in other references to the conference, the IRNA's translation changed. For instance, "map" was replaced with "earth." In some articles it was "The Qods occupier regime should be eliminated from the surface of earth." or the similar "The Qods occupying regime must be eliminated from the surface of earth." The inconsistency of the IRNA's translation should be evidence enough of the unreliability of the source, particularly when transcribing their news from Farsi into the English language.

antiwar.com...

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join