It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

why not go the whole hog and start shagging animals and kids?you liberal views are the rubbish that breaks taboos and if we keep advocating this type of behaviour the things i mentioned will become normal.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
This is what happens when a bitter wife has nothing better to do. Get a hobby for crying out loud.

wow i hate bitter femmenazis

they give good girls a bad name.

they give humans a bad name.

this is why we can't have nice things.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

why not go the whole hog and start shagging animals and kids?you liberal views are the rubbish that breaks taboos and if we keep advocating this type of behaviour the things i mentioned will become normal.
reply to post by glen200376

I am thinking it is not views that break taboos it is peoples actions. Taboos are a social construct. In many cultures the actions you describe are normal. It is not my place to shove my views of right or wrong down anyone's throat.
I do not have the right to bully someone into behaving as I wish. If God deemed it right that we should have free will, am I going to argue with that?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I worry that the US is becoming a fundamentalist religious nutjob state. A Christian version of the middle eastern Muslim theocratic societies that they are always condemning.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
If people are going to start making choices of where to shop based on the "sexual morality" of a company, where will people shop? imho it would be better for everyone if the people screaming about morality tried a little on for themselves.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
The problem with equality is that both sides of a disagreement are allowed to voice their views. While I don't really care if Ms. Degeneres is the spokesperson or not, I do find it ironic that after so many protests for "gay rights" and "gay marriage", this protest is denigrated by those who have used protests to advance their agendas.

If someone disagrees with this demonstration, feel free to counter it by patronizing JC Penney.

I make no allegations as to who is 'right' or who is 'wrong' in this... as mentioned, I don't really care as I rarely even drive by JC Penneys. I only point out the inconsistency. If one group gets to freely protest, the other group gets to freely protest as well.

TheRedneck

P.S.: I realize I am about to be flamed for this statement, but I would rather be burnt to a crisp by the flames of anger while standing for equality than remain safe, quietly hiding in silence, while I watch inequality being touted by those who cry for equality.

No flaming here....in fact, you said what I wanted to say!

If I were to add anything more, it would only be to expand on the fact that people have to respect the freedoms allowed to ALL of us, regardless if they agree with how others choose to exercise those freedoms. Gays/Lesbians can't keep demanding equality and fair treatment, if they're willing to try and silence the opposing opinions with the same tactics that have been used against them.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Isn't just amazing that these are the same people that you can't even get to go to the polls, muchless get them to protest they're rights being lost or the public being trampled on. yet they can stand up and protest what someone else does in the privacy of they're own bedroom?
It's a real shame that they don't turn they're energy into something by far more useful than sticking they're noses where they don't belong.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

And to all the bible thumpers, all sins are equal in your God's eyes and all humans sin, so thats not even a valid excuse to hate someone.

Religious nutters just like to HATE everything and everybody except themselves. They are nothing but trouble everywhere they go. Bunch of ignorant fools.

What do you expect from people who believe some [color=gold]2000 year old bearded guy in a white robe, riding a white horse is gonna come thru the clouds any moment now to rescue all of the hateful hippocrates of the world, to whisk them away to some heavenly paradise free from a TALKING SNAKE!!!

And surely their "heaven" party wouldnt last very long being that they would go absolutely CRAZY from not being able to HATE and HARM onto others. So eventually, this "heaven" of theirs would become extinct due to all the hate and fighting they would do there.

I wouldnt want to be in that "heaven" in the afterlife.
NOT with those DEVILS.

Just ignorant hateful backwards, un-evolved fools.

edit on 3-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

You are every bit of a bigot as you claim people who believe in Jesus are. You stink of hypocrisy and bigotry. Practice what you preach false prophet.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well, My Best Advise Folks is Don't Feed The Haters! Don't even get your hands close to their cages, for they are trapped in a very dank prison of their own making. Racism, Sexism and Homophobia are all just plain Hate! When it comes down To The End of Their Drab Lives and everything else is gone only The Hate will remain and That's A Very Sad and Pathetic Place to be. Just keep moving towards The Light and Away From The Darkness.
Peace My Friends Here on ATS
Arjunanda

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

What if J C Penney' s recruited a SINGLE (not married, no children) spokesperson?
Would that be considered good PR ?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

One Million Moms is asking people to call JC Penney to complain

That's from the article. Me? I'm going to call JC Penny and praise them. I don't know what this one million (or is it 15 or 20, really?) moms thing is all about but they certainly have no business claiming to represent my family values and morals. I am a hetorosexual female in their "traditional" family they love to spout about, complete with the boy and girl, a pet and a picket fence. Woot. They certainly don't represent my best interest in anything. Me thinks they're a bit hypocritical.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused

One Million Moms is asking people to call JC Penney to complain

That's from the article. Me? I'm going to call JC Penny and praise them. I don't know what this one million (or is it 15 or 20, really?) moms thing is all about but they certainly have no business claiming to represent my family values and morals. I am a hetorosexual female in their "traditional" family they love to spout about, complete with the boy and girl, a pet and a picket fence. Woot. They certainly don't represent my best interest in anything. Me thinks they're a bit hypocritical.

Agree, that'kind what I was getting at, is the issue with Ellen being gay? If so, how about single reps ,in other words would there be a protest re family values if appointed reps are single n don't have children.

Perhaps she was appointed coz she is popular and funny to some people.

At the end of the day, people should shop where they want , love who they want and contribute as best they can to society. Live and let live BUT of course have a valid reasonable opinion on everything as that's what makes us individual but for gods sake protest about important stuff going on in our world, like economy, etc etc

Rant over sorry for rambling but I'm sure you get my point

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
And yet, I find it odd that these champions of right... these want to be keepers of our collective moral compass... have not yet gone after CoverGirl for their continued use of Ellen DeGeneres as one of their spokespersons. Perhaps they will after they are done powdering their noses with their CoverGirl Translucent #065.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by netwarrior
This is what happens when a bitter wife has nothing better to do. Get a hobby for crying out loud.

That's a lot of "bitter wifes'" I think there is a deeper underlying symptom here than just being bitter.

Your are right. They are bitter AND homophobic.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I hope J.C. Penney and Ellen Degeneres stick with the campaign and don't cave in to pressure from ignorant fools. Aren't these moms supposed to be doing something about drunk driving? I guess now it's M.A.R.S. (Mothers Against Reason and Sanity).

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

What do you expect from people who believe some [color=gold]2000 year old bearded guy in a white robe, riding a white horse is gonna come thru the clouds any moment now to rescue all of the hateful hippocrates of the world, to whisk them away to some heavenly paradise free from a TALKING SNAKE!!!

Hippocrates has been dead for quite I while. I don't think he needs saving.
Or was it
I get my banal smilies mixed up sometimes.

Your statements above are just as hateful and ignorant as the people you're describing. While I don't call myself Christian, I do follow the teachings of Jesus. Yet I don't have a care in the world if someone is gay or not. I also support gay marriage (or union, or whatever it is labeled). So keep on making yourself look like a fool by spewing forth more wrong. We'll just continue to laugh at you.

/TOA

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I will bet that is exactly why Iran wants to nuke Missouri! Rick Santorum must have known all along.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
all the hate and denigrating flames are being cast at the women that protested JC Pennies by the numbskulls that are accusing them of being bigots and racists.
Am I the only one that is appalled by the blatant and inexcusable irony here?

Amazing how these moms are being called racist and other very hateful names simply because they acted on their own beliefs, which is simply they are pro-family, i.e., a mom and a dad to raise their kids.

What a strange world we live in now.
Black is white, right is wrong and Orwell must be a prophet. Poor kids, their future is doomed by these crazy people who speak for them today...all in the name of...what? political correctness?
I guess if you are not gay, or a vocal proponent you are a hateful bigot, a racist and a blight on humanity.....ohhhh, Orwell saw it all.
So, do you guys belong to the ministry of truth?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
I worry that the US is becoming a fundamentalist religious nutjob state. A Christian version of the middle eastern Muslim theocratic societies that they are always condemning.

ROFLOL, what thread are you reading?
It's been going in the opposite direction since 1968. All you have to do is look and listen, or you can continue to propogandize an alternative view that betrays the facts.
What we are seeing is a neo christian fundamentalist state driven by the feminazis, occultic satanists and homosexual agenda that acts and then blames others in a horribly destructive game of hegelian dialectic that is meant to destroy what America once was.
You could not have destroyed Americas wealth and global stature without these parties strictly following all that was laid out in the protocols of the elders of sion. What is amazing to me is how the willing dupes cannot read the script they have been following to know who their puppeteers are. I am guessing it's too much to handle so it is ignored and avoided at all costs and simpler to point at others for their demise.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
Amazing how these moms are being called racist and other very hateful names simply because they acted on their own beliefs, which is simply they are pro-family, i.e., a mom and a dad to raise their kids.

Kind of like the KKK.

There is no "simply" about it. It is hate of denying Equal Rights to a minority group.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

Originally posted by Annee
By the way: ONE MILLION MOMS - - is the name of the group.

From what I've read - - they are not even a large group. Don't let the name fool you.

Exactly, a million mom's in our world, don't matter for nothing. The problem being they scream loud, and try and make themselves larger than they are. I have been a very mellow agnostic for many years, the religious right is forcing me to become a very vocal hardcore atheist. If their god is all they have to offer, I would rather go to hell.

I'm telling ya - - - these people make it harder and harder to not hate all Christians.

I will NOT blanket Christians - - because I know there are many many who fight for the rights of gays. But these extreme Right Wing Fundamentalists really give true Christians a bad name.

I grew up in the Christian church, even into adulthood. I saw so much hate and hypocritacal behaviour I could no longer buy into it. Funny thing is, today I saw a study that shows the right wing is much less intelligent than the left, imagine that I could have told them that from observation.

*bolding mine

Now that's quite hilarious!

Poster child

I don't think this is about hate or religion.

Most Christians could care less if someone is gay. Most people live by the "live and let live....just don't push it on me..." motto.

The Gay Equality/Movement, in some cases, has gone wild, imo.
Gay, straight, bi, whatever the choice, we've all had "equal rights" in America. Grouping sex, religion, race, ect is a way for those in power to divide us and to conquer us.

I think we now have another movement.
Let these people have their say. It's not as intrusive as what our schools are pushing onto our children, imo.

I refer you back to the "live and let live" motto. Most people could care less who's gay and who's not... as long as it's not pushed onto others...

I have quite a few gay friends and they don't care who understands and accepts their preferences.
They would rather live and let live, love and let love just like most Americans... religious or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join