It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: A Cathollic Says What?? Vows to stand against her Church...Stands with Satan/Obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think your information is a little dated. I live in an area that is heavily Catholic and the Catholic hospitals are no longer able to stand on their own. They have been bought up by or partnered with the larger institutions. Around here it Summa Healthcare, Cleveland Clinic or University Hospitals.

In 2010 the last full service Catholic Hospital in NYC , St. Vincents, closed its doors. It was founded in 1849 by four nuns.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by intrepid
I have a better question. Where is Satan mentioned in any of this? In the thread title but I couldn't find it in the source material.

She is siding with Obama. The man hell bent on dividing the nation, promoting class warfare, racial tensions, and secularizing the country while spending us into catastrophic debt. That guy. Satan. The dark horse who rode in on empty promises, false hopes and fraudulent change.

I've heard that some think he's the antichrist

Pelosi...wicked witch of the left...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Whats wrong with "standing with Satan"? Do we not have a freedom of religion here in the United States?

I for one wish we had more openly Satanic people in our various branches of government to represent We The People who do in fact worship Satan.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Haha, yeah. And all Catholics abstain from sexual relation until marriage. All Catholics abide by not eating meat on Friday and they all do for others more than they do for themselves.

"Stands with Satan"? You're serious aren't you?

What a sad state our country is in. Phony Catholics choosing to embrace their church when it's politically convenient. I taste Bile when I read such threads.

Someone actually compared birth control to murder. There is no word in the English language to describe how utterly stupid that is.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Haha, yeah. And all Catholics abstain from sexual relation until marriage. All Catholics abide by not eating meat on Friday and they all do for others more than they do for themselves.

"Stands with Satan"? You're serious aren't you?

What a sad state our country is in. Phony Catholics choosing to embrace their church when it's politically convenient. I taste Bile when I read such threads.

Someone actually compared birth control to murder. There is no word in the English language to describe how utterly stupid that is.

That would be a basic reply from someone who has never practiced Catholicism or who has never researched the faith. Man is not infallible! Hence the Catholic sacrement of Reconciliation. Its a simple issue really. We do not want to participate in the act of abortion or contraception. By using contraception or having an abortion the culpability resides on us! But, this legislation forces Catholics to participate in contraception and abortion with regards to other individuals. This is a direct violation of the constitution and In our views, abiding by this law forces us to commit Mortal sin even though it was not done by us to us! Complacency does not reduce the act to a venial sin. Therefore, true Catholics must not comply.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
No. This is catholics fighting to keep their beliefs.

So, you're saying someone is trying to take their beliefs? That's ridiculous. They are free to have their beliefs.

If they believe birth control is evil, fine. Don't take it.
If they believe they have the right to dictate coverage to insurance companies or their employees, they are mistaken. They do not have that right.

No answer on why Catholics haven't complained about vasectomies and tubal ligations? Why not? Because the hypocrisy is so obvious?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zippidee
We do not want to participate in the act of abortion or contraception.

Then don't!

But, this legislation forces Catholics to participate in contraception and abortion with regards to other individuals.

It does not force Catholics to participate in contraception. Jesus!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sure it does....Our institutions, funded by us, must provide this service. Therefore, we are contributing to what we believe to be a sin.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Zippidee

What about vasectomies? You've been "participating" in those through insurance without complaint. What gives with the hypocrisy?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I would venture to say that you would be hard pressed to find many "true" Catholics that have had Vasectomy's for any purpose other than medical problems. Note the word "true".

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zippidee

I would venture to say that you would be hard pressed to find many "true" Catholics that have had Vasectomy's for any purpose other than medical problems.

Right. Catholics don't have vasectomies and they don't use birth control. (At least that's the facade they put forth) However, the health insurance that many Catholic hospitals currently and freely provide to their employees covers vasectomies. That's birth control.

Catholics do use birth control. It's the "Appearance" they want to keep up.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well thats your take but it still boils down to freedom of religion and this infringes on that. I doubt that you would enjoy forcing religion on you and in turn I don't want non-religion forced on me.

Oh and by the way, in your eyes I am a hypocrit because I've practiced birth control in the past. The Rythm method but that is a form that is accepted and my personal choice. My point is I don't want to be an accomplice to something that my religion holds in the highest regard as one of their issues that is an abomination. Personal choice so to speak.....whats wrong with that?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Two questions.

1) Do we really want people legislating based on what their religion tells them to do or do we want them to legislate based on what their constituents tell them to do?

2) Do all of you that are angry at Pelosi for this applaud Muslims that legislate Sharia law in other countries?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Of course not but in the same token I would not support an agenda to irradicate Shaira law in other countries. I just don't want it imposed on me.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Of course not but in the same token I would not support an agenda to irradicate Shaira law in other countries. I just don't want it imposed on me.

And don't you think there are some non-Catholic employees at these institutions that don't want your religion imposed on them???

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Agreed, but I shouldn't have to fund their choice. Thats all I'm saying. By being forced to contribute, it makes me culpabile to what the Faith believes is a sin. Thats all. If someone wants an abortion...go for it just leave me, my faith and my checkbook out of it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Agreed, but I shouldn't have to fund their choice. Thats all I'm saying. By being forced to contribute, it makes me culpabile to what the Faith believes is a sin. Thats all. If someone wants an abortion...go for it just leave me, my faith and my checkbook out of it.

You aren't being forced to contribute...you are paying for your own insurance. It's true that the rate may be fractionally higher to include birth control, but I pay for things that I will never use either. I don't smoke...how much more in premiums do I pay because of smokers?

And as BH has alreadly pointed out...they already cover vasectomies and tubal ligations...both are forms of birth control. So these Catholic institutions wouldn't be morally doing anything that they aren't already.

Question...do you personally work at a Catholic organization? If you do...do you know if their insurance already covers birth control? Have you even looked into it? If you found out it did...would it take away your faith in your beliefs?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by theBigToe
Why would anybody want to side with people who harbor pedophiles and advocates against safe sex?

What a broad brush! Are all muslims, terrorists then?

And the safest sex is abstinence.

I think the real question is - are all terrorists Muslim?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
No I don't work at a Catholic organization but I do know that vasectomy's and tubal ligations are performed for other reasons than just birth control. I would love to see a document that stated that the procedure was performed for birth control and was supported by a Catholic organization. Don't think that piece of paper will come about.

This is my belief and I am going to stick with what I believe. I won't be deterred by countless justifications or other scenarios. I respect your opinion I don't have to agree with it and I don't but hey thats why we all have our own beating heart isn't it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by theBigToe

1. I am quite sure someone has already called you out on the issue of saying the Catholic Church harbors pedophiles but since, like so many other ignoramuses, you demand to be called out repetitively. So fine, I will bite. The current Pope has tried hard to root out the perverts and damned sinners from the Church. It is not a perfect institution but, it is made up of men and men are imperfect. Were there mistakes made in the past? Yes. Were there cover-ups? Yes. And yet, these wrongs are being corrected as I type and as you cry about how awful the Church is.

An institution that goes above and beyond in helping the poor, bring medical aid to the sick, feed the hungry, and most importantly, save eternal souls, deserves a little more respect I would say. But your type is not prone to respect, it is a relentless assault on anything with power and influence over human life that has not been entirely corrupted by left-wing hands. Not only are you prideful of your own ignorance but you go so far as to boast about it too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. Us Catholics (I use that loosely as I have never been baptized into the Church) believe in and advocate the safest form of sex possible; abstinence. Because you are so weak as to not be able to remain abstinent does not make us immoral, it makes you, well, pathetic. It is always the sign of the feeble to claim the strong are immoral; Nietzsche was right about morality in many respects.

To the OP:

Thank you for this thread. It does not surprise me the wicked witch of the west would side with big brother over her Church. She is worse than a cafeteria catholic, at least they show up on Sunday and would superficially defend the Church; she instead attacks it. They are showing her around to tell Catholics, “Hey it’s cool to love government over the only salvation for your soul”.

lol That you think the Catholic Church deserves respect is more then enough incentive for me to end this convo before it begins. Take it easy, sheep.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join