It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is so cold everywhere in the world! Are we experiencing a small Ice Age?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire
[more

doh who do i believe now?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Could have sworn that the reason for the mild temps in large parts of the US is because of the vortex over Greenland, where most years we have a dominant high pressure system, both of which affect the jet stream (keeping in mind when it dips south, the colder air drops with it, and when it wanders north, the warmer air from the south moves north). Couple this with La Nina (or is it Nino? Can never remember), is why it's been so mild with little snow/rain for many.
Now there have been storms moving through, fast clippers up north (again, they say this is due to the low pressure over Greenland, making the systems move fast), and wasn't it just last week or 2, large part of Texas got tons of rain (which they needed badly).

I've yet to see any weather people call this "global warming", and in fact have been assuring people it's not.

As for a "small ice age" in the OP's title, heh, well I'm sure the people up in Nome, Alaska would actually agree with you, but I don't think it's happening.

However, someone in this thread mentioned "shorter" seasons and another mentioned season's seeming to move.
I need to go and research some hard numbers, but off the top of my head, for about the last 3 to 4 years where I live, the seasons do seem to be a bit "off". Normally we get very cold temps after Christmas, going into Jan, and Feb. But it seems like instead, for about 3 to 4 years now, we've been getting those cold temps come the middle to end of Nov, and into Dec. with things warming up quite quickly about mid way through Feb.
Summer too. Used to be we'd not start getting those stiffling 90's until mid May, but for the last few years, it's been getting there before April was half way done.
So it's like there's been a shift of about a month or so. Again, I don't have any hard numbers and will have to look them up. Chances are I'm just off my rocker, hehehehe. But I do wonder if anyone else has noticed this (and no, I'm not suggesting any "pole shift" or anything like that).

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'm in South Korea and at first it seemed like it was going to be a pretty darn warm winter. Any snow we got was just a light dusting that disappeared the next day. The temperature did go down to the teens at one point, but started climbing back up to the 30's. Until this past week when it just dropped. It was supposed to get to 25*F, but then dropped overnight to the single digits. Not sure if it will be an ice age, but there's no denying that the weather has been very weird this whole past year.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Cold?!? What are you talking about....????? Its warm as hell where I'm from. Colorado.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

What is happening in the mid-west is that the north Atlantic thawing of ice is causing warmer arctic air flowing in from the north and warmer gulf air from the south. This is causing warmer than normal mid-western temps. This imbalance is probably affecting climate regions across the world. The mid-west will be a desert in a few years and Europe will be a block of ice. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It's been a very warm winter here, not much snow either. I'm not complaining though.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
i think its really strange how every other thread says its not as cold as it should be, and other threads say that its very hot, or way too cold?

maybe everybody is feeling the opposite of what they are used too?

polar shift etc./the usual theory now happening?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
ROFL same hot balls were swingin here lol

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Small ice age? I live in Indiana, where winter is usually awful, and it has been almost non-existent this year. It was warm enough to wear t-shirts a couple days this week.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by abovesecret

It's t-shirt weather here on Long Island

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

it' like errrrr winter? which so far might have been warmer than usual, but now it's winter again. the fear mongering coming from the nwo controlled mass-media though? constant.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

As for a "small ice age" in the OP's title, heh, well I'm sure the people up in Nome, Alaska would actually agree with you, but I don't think it's happening.
Maybe after this warm period in different parts of the world will have winter,we cannot predict the weather as long as the seasons moved,we may be very surprised for what's to come.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
South Carolina reporting in, we had a week or two of below-freezing weather (during the night only, almost got to the teens a couple times) but for the most part it has been t-shirt weather during the day and hoodie weather at night... 5:23 AM here and it's 54 degrees.
edit on 2-2-2012 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Come on OP - a few cold days in parts of the northern hemisphere = ice age for whole world?

Down here in Australia we have been having heat waves of the most horrid kind. Western Australia is seeing days of 48 deg celcius plus and bushfires everywhere. Here in Adelaide we have just sweated through 8 days above 35 degrees.....

Me thinks you need to do some research before you declare 'world events'

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I think snowing in desert it's something to show us for what's to come.

TextJanuary 20, 2012 – BECHAR, Algeria - Snow fell Tuesday in the Sahara Desert in western Algeria. A 24-hour cold spell brought snow and rain to the region. Strong wind blew the snow across roads and buildings in the province of Bechar. Meteorologists predicted a return of good weather Wednesday. People who live in the region said the snow was good for the palm trees because it killed parasites. Bechar is located in the northern Sahara, about 36 miles south of the Moroccan border. –Nine News
source(theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Sahara desert = N-O-R-T-H-E-R-N hemisphere where WINTER is happening. Snow in the desert is rare, but it does happen from time to time. It even happens here in Australia in the deserts occasionally

The S-O-U-T-H-E-R-N hemisphere is in the middle of a very normal SUMMER where.... Lots of hot days, sunburn, bushfires, broken air conditioners, power outages and people getting eaten by sharks at the beach.

An I-C-E A-G-E means the whole planet is colder than usual, which it is not.

What you are talking about and bringing attention too is an as yet unexplained disturbance in the jetstream that started over a year ago that is dump silly levels of precipitate (snow in winter and rain in warmer weather) over places that it would not normally go. Floods in Pakistan, the Australian summer of horror floods at the beginning of 2011, the drought in Siberia and now the big arse cold chill you allude to are all symptoms of this same phenomena.

Speaking of which, if you really want to start a good conspiracy thread, do some research on the jetstream and start one on that, because that is an interesting topic worthy of debate.

edit on 2-2-2012 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Quite nice and warm here in the east of the UK.

This time last year it was freeze balls!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

its not cold everywhere. i was walking around in a tshirt and shorts today in nyc

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I doubt it.

I looked up the forecast for Phoenix AZ and it averages around 70 degrees F.

I actually can't wait to go home

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I think Al Gore said that this unusually cold weather is really an extension of "Global Warming"!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join