It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can YOU do to change your media system in the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Greetings from germany. I just saw the documentary gasland and was truly shocked by the information given there. If something like this would happen in germany..our press would go all over it and the pressure for the responsible people would be enorme. We even make a big deal out of a president that got a loan for better conditions than others..when it comes to "burning" water because of drillings in our own country the media would not be quite about it.
My question to the us people is: do you know the documentary gaslands? Did something change after the documentary was made? Why does the press not talk about it and when it is not talking about it why dont you see a necessity to force them to talk about it by really making public pressure. Don´t you know how you can do that?

I ask myself this because in the last 3 years i saw a lot of independent documentaries about things in the us that are just tragic. And every single topic was what you would call a sensation...a "xy -gate". ...but i never heard of a lot of stuff again. That frustrates me but i for myself know that this could not happen in germany like that. Maybe because its smaller. I don´t know.
But do you have an idea what you could change to put more pressure on the media "to do their job"!!?

edit on 30-1-2012 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Eliminate congress and pretty much anyone else that pulls strings in Washington.

Our media is just an extension of the government. They sensationalize things that happen everyday (Casey Anthony case, Penn State/Sandusky scandal, etc...) to hide away things that really matter. And the people that live in America are gullible enough to believe it all.

The T.V. is our shepherd, lead us not to truthfulness...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The Media in the U.S. has been owned by Large banking interests since the 1920's.

They tell us what they think we should think. This is pretty much becoming a joke to many people now, but there are still many older people who still buy into this.

Documentary: Behind the Big News

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What needs to be done is illegal.
I cant even speak of it here.
But everyone knows it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

It may not get media coverage, but its audience does exists. The fact that it is so silenced is revealing about how fine a line TPTB are treading. In the 70´s for example, revolutionary type movies and movements were allowed to exists because the thought was, "who cares they can't do anything about it". now it's, "Oh my god, shut that guy up before his meaningless film gets over exposure". It truly is a great day to be a thorn in their side. The fact that ACTA, SOPA, the Patriot Act etc are being sought for and passed is evidence of the need for them in their eyes. They are in a new ball game and we will always have the home field advantage. The more the human race evolves the less their illusion of control will remain. It is inevitable. We need them less and less to find peace. Its scary for them. They can turn on the propaganda machine full blast and stir up the BS crisis to no end, we are starting to smell something burning in the kitchen. We are not afraid anymore. This they know.

As the Borg say in star trek, resistance is futile. We are the average man, and we are as one.

new topics

top topics

join