It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast Question for Non-Believers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I will be making a new thread on this so be patient but hope more people reply. I am nervous for the reactions ut I think the devil is real at this point in my life

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Questioneer05

intelligent people dont believe in a "god" that is sitted away from any trouble, and less in a "god" that thinks that everyone are the same to "him"

No point in me even trying to explain to you how he is since you already seem to know everything
. Youre a very concieted and vain person to think that you know anything about him when you don't know anything at all.

Good luck with that mindset.

i didn't say i know everything... vain? nah, that's for someone who want to be recognized...

not knowing anything "your" creator... but, are really worshipping your creator?

btw... him? it could be her too

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

You expounded that rather nicely. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Ever heard the saying "they left their mark on life." Does this imply that a person tattooed the very fabric of time or does it imply that left an impression on people with their thoughts and/or actions? The Mark of the Beast is a BELIEF system.

Im saying theres a good chance that the mark of the beast is a literal, physical "mark" because:

a) The passages mention the areas where the mark would be made.
b) Its also revealed that the mark is used mainly for financial transactions.
c) Later verses shows people who took the mark to suffer a skin infection.

Like I said, the whole of Revelation is allegorical and metaphorical. You cannot know this and rationally take one passage and take it literally.

I understand the use of symbols and metaphors in revelations, that doesnt mean the whole thing is "metaphorical".
What about the passages which colorfully describe the future wars, the bloodbaths, Jesus returning and all of that? All thats just metaphorical as well?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The Mark of the Beast or 666 is really about a fight between Kingly desires of control of what a King or Queen says is without really knowing what is or what is not.

666 really refers to a triangle that has three 60 degree angles which make the triangle perfect. The burning of 666 into someones mind of their being the devil is not because they are aligned with ancient demons it is a number assigned to those who have uncovered the realities of the world around them through science such as why lighting strikes which has been proven scientifically why whereas the King or Queen would tell you that the reason for X factor occuring in nature was because of someone doing something that angered a god or pleased a god which during ancient times all wording of such accounts came from the King or Queen who has seen as having a direct connection to god.

The lableling of someone with 666 is nothing more than the single tracked invidivual trying to destroy the creditability of someone that may know than they do but really shouldn't based upon how the single tracked person thinks the environment around them should be.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The only problem with the Mark of the beast being literal and physical is the mark or seal of God is the Holy Spirit. This is why I get stuck on what it may be, and why I think that many have it.

I know this may be a little out there but have you watched any you tube videos about celebrities that make satanic signs with their hands? This is ATS so I figured I would throw that out there.

Maybe their are already those who do worship the beast. Maybe the majority of us never would but those that seek fame, fortune, and power already are. This could by why us average folk are so perplexed, we might be waiting for something that is already here.

Again I am just throwing stuff out there.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I've been looking into this myself too for a while and am aware there are those that believe the "mark of the beast" is a symbolic mark that has to do with one's thoughts (forehead) and deeds (hand). Seventh Day Adventists, for instance, believe the "mark of the beast" is the first-day Sabbath (Sunday) as a counterfeit to the seventh-day Sabbath (Saturday). While this may have some truth to it I've noticed a few things that I'll share:

1) The word "mark" is Greek "charagma" (Strongs #5480) and can mean literally "stamp" or even "graven work"

2) The "mark of the beast" will revolve around the economy since it will be imposed upon "...all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond..." (Rev. 13:16) and "...no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark..." (Rev. 13:17)

3) It will be a symbol of slavery unlike the Passover, through which the Israelites were delivered from Egyptian bondage in the OT, and which is described in similar terms in Exodus 13:9: "And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt" and hence is a symbol of their freedom.

4) It's possible that since the Jews in the Holocaust were stamped on their wrists, which is equivalent to the hand (since in Roman times the wrist was part of the hand) the "mark of the beast" may have a technical aspect to it as well since in Acts 17:9 it states: "Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven ["charagma"] by art ["techne"] and man's device." Note that the same word "charagma" is used in connection with "techne" meaning craft or trade and from which we get the word "technology."

Anyway that's my research so far.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Would I accept a chip or mark in order to buy and sell? No way! Am I religious? No. Still, I personally believe only a fool shuts all doors of possibilities, and if this were to become law then I would have to start thinking about things a little differently... a very good question!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join