It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli TV : Assad has left for Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Just a rumor for now.

Une chaîne israélienne vient d’annoncer la fuite de Bashar Assad vers la Russie. Aucune confirmation pour le moment.

Translation : An Israeli tv station just reported that Assad has escaped to Russia, no confirmation for now

Some sources are saying that Bashar Al Assad escaped Syria, not confirmed but would be great news.

Just watch twitter, it's all over.

Twitter : Assad

If you remember during the Libyan uprising, there were many rumors that Gaddafi was dead or had fled...
edit on 29-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So everyone who said ASSAD was RUSSIA'S HAND PUPPET ,,, or something to that effect,,, take a bow,no not a hurrahh,,, a gentle hand upon the waist,, thusly,, bending ,,, ya that kind,, of bow,, lol

Oh and i guess ,, someone does not like, either ,,,,Communism
or Fun-de-mental-ism,,

Me.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Probably just on vacation.

Going to check out Lenin's tomb.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Why leave?

He seemed to be doing a good job at halting the apparent uprising.

I think this is just a rumor.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Why leave?

Well his wife and kids tried to leave the country earlier today and they were nearly killed/captured by the Free Syrian army.

The FSA knew where they were because the head of the Syrian intelligence defected and gave the information to the FSA.

Also :

Hearing reports FSA is VERY close to the Presidential Palace of Bashar Al Assad in Damscus,

And a missile unit rebelled too and are threatening to launch their scuds at the palace if Assad doesn't resign.

The end game is very near.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I do not watch tv as a principle, but no major Israeli internet news site mentions it. And they are pretty fast to pick those things up.
Psycho warfare,me thinks. Why would Assad leave for Russia when he (still?) controls most of Syria - it does not make sense.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Doesn't matter if he ``controls`` most of Syria, he's about to lose the capital.

And his family tried to flee earlier and failed.

If he's evacuating his family, that means he's thinking about escaping himself or he thinks he might lose.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well if what you say is true, the end game is near indeed.

I always did believe syria would fall before Iran.

If he has left, maybe it will end with less bloodshed though, who knows?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I assure you that if Assad was about to fall ,every country in the region would know about it. Tweeter is fine for rumors, but in reality i would expect more Israeli forces redeployed to Syrian border, just in case. And there is no sign of it and Israel is a small country.
I expect that he would fall eventually, but nothing points to it happening in near days or even weeks.
Not to mention that if he fled for Russia, you would see Syrian opposition celebrating in Damascus since there would be no point for forces loyal to Assad to go on,wouldn't it?
There were military units going to opposition before ,missile one maybe a bit more strategical one but governemnt still has total superiority all over, especially in the air. Once Syrian airspace is a no fly zone, Assad is gone.
In my opinion current "news" are just psycho warfare, nothing more.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Assad being a puppet, has been recalled by his employers.

He will retire in wealth after doing his job of exploiting as much as possible until the resistance demands a new and more popular puppet.

The demolition of Syrian infrastructure will open the door for IMF loans.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Well Gaddafi was alive one day and the next minute he was dead.

Nobody knew about it. It was a total surprise.

It could happen with Assad.

But yeah, considering the fighting is still going on and there's a LOT of it, Assad is probably not gone.

But since the rebels are at the gates of Damascus, it could be over within a few days... I don't think so, I think it'll take a few more weeks.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Well Gaddafi was alive one day and the next minute he was dead.

Nobody knew about it. It was a total surprise.

It could happen with Assad.

But yeah, considering the fighting is still going on and there's a LOT of it, Assad is probably not gone.

But since the rebels are at the gates of Damascus, it could be over within a few days... I don't think so, I think it'll take a few more weeks.

Ahh, but remember gaddafi fell after an imposed no fly zone, had been in place for weeks.

So, the opposition had a lot of help. Syria hasn't had any outside help as of yet, and if Russia has anything to do with it, there's not going to be any either.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
DamascusTweets on twitter said it is just a rumour. Apparently Assad tried to leave but the mission was halted by the Free Syrian Army. I have reason to doubt this rumour too, because it seems as if the Assad regime has increased it's crackdown and I don't understand why he would have any problem leaving the country.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
From what i gather so far...

Wife and family captured and placed in the palace.

Missles aimed at the palace

If Asad doesnt give up... they're going to blow up his family in the palace. (well they said they will blow up the palace, but his family is now detained there) So to me... Give up or your family gets it... That's what I think is taking place.

Does he flee? Does he love his family? Lets see what kind of man he really is.

edit on 29-1-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
"Free Syrian Army" my ass. That army was bought and paid for by the muslim brotherhood because theyre going to unite so they can wipe out the jews.

Do you not see the pattern? The muslim brotherhood is in control of the entire middle east just about. When they have it all guess whats gonna happen? It will be 1967's 6 day war all over again except it may last longer than that.

I predict theres gonna be alot of dead jews in the months to come. Everytime the muslim brotherhood manages to unite alot of countries it always ends up with the jews being in the bullseye.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

If Asad doesnt give up... they're going to blow up his family in the palace. (well they said they will blow up the palace, but his family is now detained there) So to me... Give up or your family gets it... That's what I think is taking place.

If he surrenders he is a dead man. The price of failure in the muslim world means you and your entire family and it's future generations go extinct.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I think you are speculating. I understand Hamas and other Islamist groups were spawned from the Muslim Brotherhood, but these are breakaway factions. We do not know how powerfull the Muslim Brotherhood is in Syria as it is banned and membership is punished by death. We know the city of Hama is a traditional muslim city and Damascus, while cosmipolitan has become more traditional over the past few decades. Largely because of disilusion with the secular Ba'ath party.

In Egypt it is evident that after the autocratic government the theocrats (i.e. Muslim Brotherhood) is the largest force. However, as in Syria, the Muslim Brotherhood's official policy and statements have indicated that a) they believe in a peacefull ascend to power through non-military means, b) they believe in democratic governance and not opposing Islam forcefully and c) they are moderate in their position to Israel and do not indicate any desire to attack the Jewish state. In fact compared to the position of Hizb' Allah who refers to Israel as only a "Zionist Entity" while still being open to negotiation and even peace with the Jewish state, the Brotherhood seems far more moderate and in my honest opinion I think the Assad regime is far more likely to attack Israel than the Brotherhood.

Of course we cannot be sure if the Brotherhoods official statements would become policy if they were to take power. I speculate that the only reason they have become democratic opposition in Egypt and Syria is because they are not in power. However the demand for democritisation seems to strong to deny if the Syrian and Egyptian rulling authorities were to finally surrender power.

I wouldn't be to concerned with the Brotherhood uniting the Arabs. The Brotherhood sprang up in Egypt in 1923, but the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood is autonomous and a completely seperate entity to the Egyptian Brotherhood. Unity is unlikely as both Syrians and Egyptian feel they have a distinct nationality. Egypt is know for being the most nationalist Arab state and Syria the second most. They attempted to form the United Arab Republic when the Ba'ath party came to power in 1963, but this soon collapsed when Syria refused to be subordinate to Egypt. Both countries would protect their distinct national interests and and unity government would be unlikely. Syria is also far more ethnically and religously diverse than Egypt. It has #te Muslims, Sunni Muslims, Christians (10% of the population), Nomad peoples and Alawites (the religion of the rulling family).

The Brotherhood certainly has taken root in other countries. Hamas is a breakaway faction of the Brotherhood, but the Brotherhood currently has no official dealings with the Islamists in Gaza. Hizb' Allah is not an offshoot of the largely Sunni Muslim Brotherhood, but it is rather a product of Shiism and was an export of the Shiite Iranian Revolution, hence Irans funding for Hizb' Allah. Lebanon is to religously diverse to come under control of the Brotherhood, as it features many Shiites, Sunni's but also Christians, both Catholic, Orthodox and Armenians. It also has a Druze population.

The Brotherhood has little authority in the Gulf states epecially the conservative sheikdoms. In fact Osama Bin Laden often critisized the Brotherhood. It's strongest presence is in Egypt, clearly, in Syria it is unclear as the Brotherhood functions as exiles given that it is illegal to be a member and in Jordan the Brotherhood has some momentum. But it certainly won't unite the Islamic world and it certainly dosen't seem to desire to attack Israel and even if it wanted to it wouldn't have the capability.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Video, just in off the wire, of Syrians tanks rolling....

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by theRhenn

If he surrenders he is a dead man. The price of failure in the muslim world means you and your entire family and it's future generations go extinct.

Yeah thats exactly what I see happening. None of these countries will let it go that easy. They say "Get out and save your life" but such as in Lybia's case, there was no chance in hell.

Im sorry for his family because they very well may end up with the same fate. Once a mob is loosed, not much can be done, short of a rescue attempt by a major country. For his family's sake, I hope russia does wisk them away.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by DAZ21
Why leave?

Well his wife and kids tried to leave the country earlier today and they were nearly killed/captured by the Free Syrian army.

The FSA knew where they were because the head of the Syrian intelligence defected and gave the information to the FSA.

Also :

Hearing reports FSA is VERY close to the Presidential Palace of Bashar Al Assad in Damscus,

And a missile unit rebelled too and are threatening to launch their scuds at the palace if Assad doesn't resign.

The end game is very near.

I am Sure Sen John McCain must be dancing now he sure cant wait to have another American installed puppet in the middle east.

the Free Syrian army.
That sounds oddly familiar makes me wonder how much the NGO groups have paid these Ex Syrians to join the American, NATO Side.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join