It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA: Being funny could send you to prison now

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That means american prisons must be empty

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ok Pigs

Come Arrest me

I smell BACON!!!

speaking of cops getting nuts, friend of mine I went to school with became a cop 5 years ago, he recently quit and walked out and now works at Walmart of all places. He told me some of the crazy new rules they were going through and how they were told to get rough with people that video recorded police incidents and how one of the guys he worked with got away with snatching some kids ipod 4 and throwing it to ground breaking it.

He had enough of it and quit.

If the cops that have any humanity left would just quit and walk out, then we could seperate the soulless pigs from innocents and we could start trimming the fat on this pork problem we got now.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cito

Now that is funny and the child adorable.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I hide behind doors and jump out at my kids to scare them...that is a joke. I threw a fake spider at my son and he screamed...that is a joke. Taping his daughter up like a little hostage isn't a very good joke

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What is the world coming to when you can't bind your toddler up for a gag? I mean yeah, maybe she was distressed but it's funny, right?

What a twat, this guy deserves every month he spends in jail and every dollar he has to pay.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteffieJo
I hide behind doors and jump out at my kids to scare them...that is a joke. I threw a fake spider at my son and he screamed...that is a joke. Taping his daughter up like a little hostage isn't a very good joke

If telling bad jokes were criminal more than half of the comedians would be in prison. This man has not been charged with bad jokes violations, he has been charged with aggravated assault. Proving the bad joke would be far easier for the prosecution.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I love reading these comments, it's so evident who has kids and who doesn't.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteffieJo

Like the OP said, different people different humor's (ok not exact words). My son is deathly afraid of a spider - if I did the spider joke he would be crying for days. To certain people, in certain situations, what is funny to them and their family is ok.

Imagine if you posted a video on FB or Youtube of the spider joke and someone like my son saw it - he would not think it was a joke and that you were being cruel. A call would go out and BAM you are the next ATS thread.

The guys daughter looked well cared for and well clothed. He was doing remodeling, I assume, which I can assume he had a good job and had the income to remodel a room. The kid was never in real harm was she? He put it up on FB for his fam and friends to see - he wanted to share the humor he had in his life. Why would a sane person post malice on a public social forum as FB. For the police to take it serious and detain him was even more crazy. Now this guy will probably get fired for this publicity (and due to his missed work).

Hope he gets a cool million after attorney fee's for this incident. Public defamation of this magnitude would hurt any future employment. His daughter would never fully understand this situation, she'll just go by what the media and the likes of 'you guys' paints for her.

This is why America is not the country it once was. People are over-reactive and worry about the wrong items in life. The focus here is on what should be PC when the focus should be on the family structure and a solid upbringing. The kid was never in any real harm. If anyone thinks she was - then that is your opinion. This statement is mine.

But I do see your point.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Some of you sound completely ignorant to be totally frank. I highly doubt this man did that to his daughter against her will. What would be funny about that? If they both decided to do that, just put a piece of tape on her hands and a piece on her mouth, and then caption it, what is the problem?

The humor lies in the fact that this is something he would never do, ie tie up his daughter for hitting him back. THAT is the joke, holy crap.

I will agree that if done FORCIBLY, then it is NOT funny and entirely WRONG. But that doesn't seem to be the case from what I read. It wouldn't have been outlandish unless it was a forced thing.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

That's what guns or anything else to defend yourself from harm are for. You can't rely on the cops when immediate action is required.
edit on 29-1-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Are you suggestion...............
I don't suggest. I clearly state.

A big problem for many people on this site(and just people in general), is that they often think that someone is suggesting something else, other than what they are saying. Often, it is useful to just look at what is directly in front of you, instead of trying to read between the lines.

Are you suggestion that if a woman is old enough and curvaceous enough that tying her up is funny?
Nope.
I am stating that an adult woman, who has given consent, and is an actress getting paid to play a part on a TV Sitcom, is not even remotely close to the same as a young child whom is not strong enough to defend herself, being tied up at home.

Also, I said nothing about it being "funny". It's ok to read between the lines, but you really should try to get into the habit of reading the lines themselves too.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
[color=3DFF03]If you want to judge me, or look down on me, because of my opinion, that is perfectly fine. I gladly welcome & accept that.

That is not what is happening here though. Many of you are judging me(& others), based on your own mistaken assumptions of what you perceive my opinion to be.

Search for the common sense that you have obviously lost. You probably had it in the past. Just because you do not currently have it, that does not mean that it is gone forever. If you try, you may be able to re-establish it, once again.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by reddwhite

**You're** exactly...

Originally posted by reddwhite

[color=FFCCEB]Your exactly the kind of P.C. nazi I was talking about in my previous post, just because you disagree doesn't mean any harm was meant or incurred, and doesn't make thi man a criminal, and yes we do automatically assume him inoccent, that's our system, innoccent UNTIL PROVEN guilty.
Proudly displaying that ignorance on your sleeve, I see.

I have not once claimed that any harm was meant or occurred.
I have not said that this man is any sort of criminal.
I have made no claims toward guilt.

Based solely on the small amount of details that I have been presented with, regarding this case, his innocence does not seem to be in question. He admitted to it, yes? He posted the picture for all to see, yes?

The question is pertaining to the actual intent. The fact that I do not immediately accept the notion of this being a joke, is a far cry from me making any sort of claim towards what I feel is an appropriate outcome for this particular incident.

The only thing that I have stated undeniably about this issue, is that I don't think it was funny, and that I refuse to automatically accept the notion of it simply being a harmless joke.

Your type are the hard line like I say or else type, that makes this world a bad place, not the misguided actions of a man playing with his daughter.
Flip that around. It is your type that is the problem. Without knowing all of the details, you simply accept that it was an innocent act, because he said so.

For evidence look at every one of your posts, not once do you mention the possibilty of this being just a joke, or just bad judgement. You only see your way or no way, just because you wouldn't doesn't mean others can't or shouldn't.
Maybe you should look at every one of my posts. I know what I have said. Obviously, you do not.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

Originally posted by rockintitz

Doesn't really matter what you or I think.
I am aware of that.

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

It really doesn't matter what the DA thinks; or what you think; or what he↓ believes; or what I think; or what anybody else in this thread thinks.

[color=91FFF8]There is only 1 person whose opinion matters. Hopefully, she is capable and allowed, to express that honest opinion, whichever way it may be.

Originally posted by rockintitz

Do you really think it's the governments place to tell you what is funny?
hmm. lemme think.... Considering that I have said nothing even slightly similar to that, then I suppose the answer is "Nope".

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GrindsMyGears

I chose my point of view with common sense on my side which seems to be sadly lacking these days many people seem jump to the politically correct view as edicted by whatever bureaucracy or quango is flavour of the month and seen to be good to follow..

You have gotten it twisted around. I have arrived at no conclusions on this matter.

Common sense allows me the ability to not jump to any conclusions.

Common sense forbids me from immediately believing that this was a joke, because he said so.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cilvanus

Originally posted by Cilvanus

That is not for you to decide.
I'm not allowed to express my opinion?

While it can feel obvious that something is wrong, you have no right to infringe on their pursuit of happiness.
So this was the little girls choice? She wanted to do this in order to fulfill her pursuit for happiness?

For example, smoking cigarettes is obviously harmful, but i do it because i enjoy that taste of excellent tobacco, and you have no business infringing on my right to enjoy it.

Albert DeSalvo (The Boston Strangler):
[color=D66D89]"It wasn't as dark and scary as it sounds. I had a lot of fun...killing somebody's a funny experience."

www.serialkillercalendar.com...

If the girl was taped, hands and feet, and was muted by tape over her mouth, without any obvious physical trauma, then she clearly didn't resist.
One photo that is lacking any obvious evidence of resistance, does not positively guarantee that there was none.

Personally my girlfriend likes the above activities, so should I or adult actors and actresses be arrested because you do not think it is funny?
Is your girlfriend a 2 yr. old?
Do adult actors and actresses give consent, and are they paid for what they do?

edit on 1/30/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
On this days your kid will eat you alive if you follow the law regarding on how to raise YOUR not the goverment's child, as a child I was raised with a Belt and Spanking when I did something wrong and I'm glad my father and mother raised me like that , on this days you will go to jail if you put a hand in your kid and that's why we have SO MANY MAMAS BOYS, criminals and cry babies in this era.

I'm proud on how I'm raising my 2 daughters, with good values and 1 or 2 spanking when they don't behave, THEY ARE HAPPY KIDS, I cant say the same for 80% of other kids.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wonder how hilarious that would have been had the child vomited and choked to death with duct tape over its mouth.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Wonder how hilarious that would have been had the child vomited and choked to death with duct tape over its mouth.

Recommend that to Dario?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by insaan

me and my daughter participate every year in our local zombie walk, one day a friend of mine got pissed off at me long story, she no longer my friend lol but she sent pictures of my daughter bloodied up to the cps, they arranged a home visit showed me the pics, the pics were from two diff sources, one my journal, two my myspace. and she was the only one with acces and agend to both. long story short after explaining the situation and the fact that that picture was even photoshopped to boot, they said keep up the great community work, volunteering and acting is good for a child... and sent me a letter to post online to piss her off telling me i did everything right and to keep it up LOL

Thats totally overstepping a fathers rights. there should have been an investigation by cps first. was it even his child? lol or was it one of those pics that goes around by thousands of users lol who would know right?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join