It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Union leader revealed Abbott location

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Union leader revealed Abbott location

au.news.yahoo.com

Representatives of the Aboriginal Tent Embassy have identified unionist Kim Sattler as the person who told indigenous people on Thursday that Opposition Leader Tony Abbott was in a Canberra restaurant.

About 200 people surrounded the restaurant after they had incorrectly heard that Mr Abbott had called for the destruction of the Tent Embassy which is situated opposite Old Parliament House.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This whole incedent is panning out to be a bit of a political stunt backfired.

The Gillard/Union Government tries to set the 'locals' onto Tony Abbot by taking context and using it to inflame a dorment situation.
Thiis would have put Abbot in an uneasy position when he had to explain himself. It appears to have gone wrong when the Tent Embassy protestors got all up in Gillard's grille!

Our government is a bloody side show. We all know Ronald MacDonald is running thiis country!

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Im not sure whats worse....

The unionist fanning the flames and tipping people off as to the PM's location, or the people believing what they are told hook line and sinker without verification / coroboration.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
Our government is a bloody side show. We all know Ronald MacDonald is running thiis country!

I read an opinion piece about a year ago by ex-PM Paul Keating describing current politics as being all about the 24 hour media cycle. It's all about getting a headline and putting yourself in the spotlight for the day, only to turn around and do it all again the next.

And with men like Abbott saying things like "Never believe a word I say unless I write it down", it's a wonder ANYONE has any faith left in our political system.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Looks like the information was originally passed by one of Gillard's staffers - who has resigned -

But Ms Gillard acknowledges that a member of her media unit 'did call another individual yesterday and disclose the presence of the Opposition Leader at the Lobby restaurant. This information was subsequently passed on to a member of the Aboriginal Tent Embassy.'

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
They are putting themselves at risk. On any other day of the week the publiic wouldn't have a clue where the PM or Opposition Leader was at any one time. Becuase so many people dislike them.

And here Gulia Jizhard's team disclose information that could well have resulted in the implication of Abbot and the Tent people in an all out riot.

Shame! I'm already sick of hearing about this crud on the TV...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Is Tony Abbott's location a national secret when he's at a public function alongside the PM
I very mutch doubt it, bad attept to spin the story but, It was Tony's comments that set them
off, but some cleaver bugger thought he'd make a big storey form a little tea cup event. Idiocracy
at it's best. I wish governments would try to govern, instead of playing politics. just stupid

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Incorrectly heard Abbot's statement? Pfft, please, they spun his words around to make it sounds controversial.
edit on 28-1-2012 by daaskapital because: stuffed up

top topics

join