It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon - there then gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think I'm going mad, I have just been looking at he moon then it just vanished. There was no moon at all then after about 3 mins it started to come back like something went in front of it. Now it's back it's very bright.

Anyone any ideas? I'm going for a strong drink.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just take your time with whatever you just experienced, who knows what you witnessed could of been cloud cover or something more interesting
. Take care and if you ever get a pic please share although I doubt it will happen again like that. Very interesting times.

edit on 1/26/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

There was no cloud cover I made 100% sure of that (it was the first thing I thought of).

I only have an iPhone so the pic would have been useless at that distance. It shook me to be honest, I panicked alittle, I've never seen something so big disappear before, I was releaved when it came back.

It looked like an eclipse but without the glowing ring then the moon started to come back slowly then the moon went very bright but that could have been my eyes adjusting back onto it.
edit on 26/1/2012 by wlasikiewicz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

So.. does that lend credence the the holographic moon theory?
2nd

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
saw on msnbc today newt gingrich plans to make a permanent moon base, if elected, it was just a quick blurb so i don't know any details and didn't bother to look into it any further because i suspect his motives are because obama is against it and even if he is elected i really doubt it would ever come to fruition.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

When was this? Today? The Moon is a waxing cresecent at sunset and there has been a lot of heavy showers around today. Why are you so certain that a cloud didn't obscure it? Just because it's clear overhead doesn't mean there aren't big CUs on the horizon

What's more likely?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
To add to the OP I would like to ask: Can the moon or the light/shadow on the moon tip almost 90 degrees to the side from our perspective in the space of a few hours?

I know the moon has a wobble over the course of it's orbit, but that takes a month to complete its cycle. I saw this happen at the beginning of the month. Someone else noticed it too and put a video up about it on youtube. I'll try to find it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

It was an hour ago at about 8pm. There was no cloud at all, it was a perfect stargazers night, there is cloud now but not alot.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

It was an hour ago at about 8pm. There was no cloud at all, it was a perfect stargazers night, there is cloud now but not alot.

The Moon sets around 9.00 PM today; that means it would have been fifteen degrees above the horizon when you were observing it. That could have been a cumulo-nimbus cloud a hundred kilometers away peeking above the horizon.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Not sure where you are in the UK but there are some heavy showers around and it's quite likely one on the horizon temporarily passed over the Moon.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to prove one way or the other. But given the choice between an obvious, simple, explanation, and a bizarre, inexplicable, supernatural, one, which do you really think is most likely?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

The Moon sets around 9.00 PM today; that means it would have been fifteen degrees above the horizon when you were observing it. That could have been a cumulo-nimbus cloud a hundred kilometers away peeking above the horizon.

Your most probable right, it was just strange to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It kind of reminds me of looking up at the sky one night and seeing a dark large triangle fly overhead. It totally FREAKED me out because there was no noise. I had to look twice though and the second time I did as the triangle was fading away I noticed it was a flock of geese. I am glad I looked twice lol

A little later it happened again and my wife saw it and freaked out, but I explained they were geese and all was right with the world.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Most likely a cloud.. or UFO mothership!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
I think I'm going mad, I have just been looking at he moon then it just vanished. There was no moon at all then after about 3 mins it started to come back like something went in front of it. Now it's back it's very bright.

May I suggest you have already had that drink!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz

May I suggest you have already had that drink!

Tu she

new topics

top topics

join