It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laundry Static, Confusion, and Synesthesia (Tag: Indigo, Synesthesia, Energy work)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This is a story, a true story, of something that has been affecting me for several years. If you don't believe it that's fine, feel free to move on; there's not much scientific evidence behind it, just my own phenomenological account of a very subtle energy field change that I experience.

I have always had various psychic abilities, have been a Reiki Master for more than a decade, and have synesthesia (a mixing of sensory input, such as color-grapheme synesthesia that allows one to sense a color along with shapes or letters). I have always been exceptionally sensitive to energies of all sorts.

A few minutes ago I was folding laundry. It's very dry and chilly right now and as a result the static electricity in the dried laundry was very high and audibly crackling constantly. I have noticed before that I sometimes feel a little dizzy or off around static electricity but today's event was really affective!

As I pulled a bed sheet from a dozen other clingy articles of clothing I sensed a strong vibration of energy around my crown chakra. It was golden in color and actually made me feel a bit confused! I set the laundry down rubbed my hands together and everything was back to normal. When I picked it up again the same thing happened! The crackling of energy and the resultant vibration around my head was really bizarre! My total experience involved slight dizziness, slight confusion (like a couple beers in kinda feel), a slight pressure in my head, and a slight tensing of my shoulders.

That's about it.... it was pretty strange and I just wanted to share it to see if others have experienced this.

For the record I'm a very physically and mentally healthy individual. I have a Master's degree in Psychology and my wife's a Nurse. This is not something that needs to be diagnosed by the numerous arm-chair "psychologists" we have here, it is simply my sharing of my ability to sense things at a different level than most people feel

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Masters degree in psychology, eh?

You must come here on the premise writing a thesis, cos there's quite a few people here off the wagon.

Haven't had anything happen like that, but definitely sounds interesting.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Very interesting.

Did you change fabric softener brands lately? Crown Chakra? Golden? Dizziness? Sounds like an inverse dampening effect happening...not like in Reiki, where you sluice the excess away from the aura like combing hair, but actually sucking away the electrical potential you need to remain clear. It takes more than the average human without Synesthesic abilities. Perhaps rubbing your hands together breaks the extra additional circuit. Must be a jumble interpreting the colors of the clothes as they were all jumbled instead of just a singular item.

Try this, put one item in the dryer with or without a fabric softener, see if you get the same effect. Then you can narrow it down to different types of material and what each does as a control perhaps?

Very interesting...

Trek

Just read "bedsheet," you held it up with both hands and drew it out as a plane like a sail, didn't you? Could be that bed sheet when electrified by static, acted as a "sail" of sorts which drew in something and made you uncomfortable...jumbled fabric connected to a plane or sail held by two hands which transmitted to and out of the crown chakra? That must have been very disorienting? Dissipated when you rubbed your hands together....broke connection...interesting...Be careful...it seems as if your gift is becoming more intensified...

Best,

trek

Eeek, be wary of those 90 degree angles...makes energy do funny things...

edit on 26-1-2012 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

join