It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters trap Gillard and Abbott

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I do not advocate violence towards either politicians or the police. All that will accomplish, is causing them to feel justified in passing increasingly repressive legislation.

We need to IGNORE governments, and simply focus on building the types of countries and world WE WANT. Governments have never had any answers; they wouldn't be able to help us even if they wanted to.

They're just a pathetic group of rich people trying to hold onto their money. Let them go, and focus on changing things positively without them. We can do it; but the reason why we want to continue railing against the government and expecting them to change things, is because that's easier, and it doesn't require creativity.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This was quite a show, And was really not needed. i dont see the point behind their protestors. I think Occupy Brisbane had something to do with this.

WRC559.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
This is a total failure for the Australian Federal Police who are assigned to protect our government.

Regardless of whether which party you vote for this is a real advertisement to the world (ie potential terrorists) about how easy it is to gain access to the Aussie PM.

They had to call in local police????

Heads will roll in the AFP.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Put aside the arguement and cause of this event and take note of the event it's self.Politicians of the world be warned this what is comming for each and everyone of you if you don't change your way's and fast!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Australia is indeed a "multicultural society' on paper but in reality muticulturalism has failed to work anywhere in the world. I arrived here from England in 1967 and quickly adapted to the Australian way of life. I was told in no uncertain terms by the Australians I worked with that if I didn't like it here then clear off back to where you came.
Things have changed.
We now have 'minorities' setting up all over Australia who want all that Australia can give them in the way of health benefits and welfare but who wish to live under their own laws, religious beliefs and 'home country' ways of life.
We are constantly reading about complaints from the Indian Community, the Asian Community, the Muslim Community, the Somalian Community etc, etc, but never hear any complaints from the Italian Community, the German Community, the British Community, the Irish Community all of whom have adapted to this way of life, have assimilated and are content to live under Australian Law.
The Aboriginal Community do have a certain amount to complain about but these protesters from the "Embassy" have done nothing whatsoever for their own people in the Northern Territory Communities living under unspeakable conditions and tribal law where young children are constantly sexually abused by tribal members who have become dependant on alcohol.
When film of these atrocities leaked out it caused an outcry and all filming in the area has since been forbidden. The odd thing here is that we are constantly bombarded with adverts from World Charitable organizations begging for money for children in Africa and other Countries whilst the fate of our Aboriginal children here at home is left to the mercy of tribal elders.
The protesters are demanding Sovereignty and compensation for the loss of their lands but what will they do with the money? Recent investigations has found millions and millions of dollars of aid and grants has been swallowed up in administration fee's by the Aboriginal Leaders in charge with nothing to show.
There is much to be done in this area and protests of this nature are setting the Aboriginal cause back decades.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
The protesters are demanding Sovereignty and compensation for the loss of their lands but what will they do with the money? Recent investigations has found millions and millions of dollars of aid and grants has been swallowed up in administration fee's by the Aboriginal Leaders in charge with nothing to show.

Greetings OzTiger.

You are clearly in a position to know more about this situation than many of us. The part of your post I quoted is a common problem. From the Iraq war to the animal sanctuary down the road it's the same story. Money is made available then all kinds of excuses are made about where it went.

I was first made aware of the existence of Australian Tribal Communities that live under different guidelines from mainstream Australian society by the words of Richard Seary. It's very difficult to know which of his stories are true but the story he told is this. He was hitch hiking and was picked up by an Aborigine. He fell asleep in the car and when he awoke he found himself looking at a sign that said No Whites Allowed, or words to that effect. I'd have to check but I think the actual wording was a little stronger than that. His new friend laughed and said he wasn't in any danger as long as they stayed together. That was many years ago but from what you've said there are still many issues that need to be addressed. As non Aborigines it's unlikely we will know how to address these issues efficiently. We don't know what it's like being an Australian Aborigine unless we are one.

Regarding assimilation it appears the incomers have failed to adapt to the Aborigine way of life.

edit on 26-1-2012 by Kester because: Hilton Bombing

edit on 26-1-2012 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
I am actually surprised there wasn't any SAS guys there, there usually is.

False Flag?

All set up with a deliberate lack of security?

Told to make an inflammatory remark?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Sorry but the old punk in me finds this all slightly amusing
Looks like she's getting tackled by her own

That's karma for overthrowing your own elected prime minister.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
Sorry but the old punk in me finds this all slightly amusing
Looks like she's getting tackled by her own

That's karma for overthrowing your own elected prime minister.

This is all the more alarming for the statement that it makes about our supposed democracy. If anyone is willing to do this to Ms. Gillard, can she really believe that she is governing with the consent of the people?
edit on 26-1-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
We are constantly reading about complaints from the Indian Community, the Asian Community, the Muslim Community, the Somalian Community etc, etc,

The Indians are sadly a lot more insular and hostile than they used to be. Although I am not ethnically Indian myself, as a relatively recent convert to Hinduism, (although I generally try and keep that fact to myself, as far as Indians themselves are concerned) I consider that a great shame. I knew some Indian people in Melbourne who were very gentle, and kind towards me in general. Islam has had the influence of slowly making them more aggressive over the years, but I am inclined to believe that both their relative gentility, and their difference in cultural terms, makes them targets.

Having nearly been killed twice while living in Sunbury, I have first hand experience of the murderous prejudice of the Australian white proletariat, despite being white myself. I am, however, autistic, and some of them will take any excuse they can get.

As for Islam itself, complaints about it to a certain extent are to be expected. Islam is a religion whose adherents view themselves as having a mandate to conquer the planet, whether or not that is what the Qu'ran itself says. So yes, they are going to test their limits as much as they can, which will logically include Sharia law, etc. It is the tragically Borg like nature of a number (though not all, of course) of adherents of Islam, that I am inclined to believe led to both the formation of Pakistan, and the increasing aggression of Indian minorities in other countries.

Muslims early on led raids into India where Hindu temples were smashed, and thousands of people were murdered. I am inclined to believe that Indians have gradually come to believe that segregation is the only means by which they can ensure that their religion or way of life can continue to exist at all; for if given the chance, the Islamic population would utterly annihilate it.

the German Community, the British Community, the Irish Community

That might have something to do with these three groups usually being the ones starting fights, and very often winning them. You don't have a need to call the police if you're the one successfully doing the bashing, rather than the one being bashed.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Do you think Rudd will pull the numbers to make a come back?
I hope he does, I can relate to him more than any of the others.
edit on 26-1-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Cinderella?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kester

Cinderella?

Cinderanga

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I find it utterly bizzare that there are people who do not understand why the idea of Australia day, causes issues for the aboriginal peoples of Australia. It is pretty simple really. That day is the day thier culture got burned almost to the ground, that thier way of life was almost utterly scoured from the face of the Earth,the day that thier ancestors were forced into slavery or death, AND the day that they became an underclass in thier own backyards.They are still treated thus by some in Australia even today, in these so called enlightened times.

I would compare it to the Roman invasion of Britain, which saw all the druids chased and hounded all the way to a small island off the coast of Wales, and the entire culture of our nation being usurped by child molesting, toga wearing fops, with thier so called civilised ways (yeah right), who murdered and stole and destroyed thier way into power here, and having promised peace, killed local cheifs, raped thier daughters, and generally behaved like utter filth from the get go.

Its like walking up to a North American Indian, and saying "Hey, how about that Thanksgiving huh? Bet you love you some of that turkey, and all the history of the day as well dont you? Bet you love remembering that a bunch of zealot fascists who thought that England was too soft, came over and began raping and destroying your ancestors way of life, local supplies of carefully managed livestock, burning your ancestors tents, and forcing the Bible down thier throats, bet you LOVE that dont you?" Again bare in mind, that anti aboriginal* sentiment has been expressed by scummy fascist groups in the States also, so the attitude that spawned the original sin is STILL present and still a threat to these people.

It is NOT as simple as saying "Well its been hundreds of years, do you think you could get over it!?" because the insults and the ill treatment CONTINUE to this day. Oh sure, its not a government initiative these days, but people are still xenophobic, and I have found down the years, that the worst culprits are those who are descended from the invader in a nation, not from its original occupants.

Oh, and one more thing. Someone on page one, suggested that since time has passed, the protests are surely without real aim, saying that one cannot be blamed for the actions of his forefathers and ancestors. That is only true if the slight that was done in times past has been rectified with PERFECT respect paid to the injured party, and no tolerance for ill treatment of the offended party in the future. No one seems willing to provide that. I would say this. The second world war was a long time ago. However, the racism that spawned the Nazi uprising is not dead, and therefore, in memory and as a mark of respect for my grandfathers, I stamp on that crap where ever I see it. That is only right and proper, since it is xenophobes and fascists who will destroy this world if we let them. Some things transcend time passed, and well they should. After all, how else are we to learn the lessons of history?

*For those who are not aware, the term aboriginal is defined as : existing or inhabiting a land since the earliest times. It is not used solely to describe Australian aboriginal peoples, but can be applied to any scenario where an established community from the earliest periods of mankinds dateable history is concerned. It is in this context that I have used that word.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Yeah, look closely at the pictures......did Juliar appear at all threatened?

Did Tony Abbott appear threatened? Looking at the expression on his face he thought the whole thing was a fiasco.

If Gillard is afraid of her own shadow then I suggest she steps down as PM; in fact she was never elected to office by a majority of the votes in the first place. And I'll add, this is going to be her worst year and I can see early elections on the horizon already. As for Tony Abbott, he too ought to step down as opposition leader.

I can't see Kevin Rudd returning but don't be surprised a new Labor leader rises through the ranks within a year.
edit on 26-1-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Most eloquently put.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by daaskapital

"I think the indigenous people of Australia can be very proud of the respect in which they are held by every Australian.
Ahh this comment is clearly extremely disrespectful. First of all the statement implies they aren't 'regular Australians', but it's ok - because we regular Australians like you, and that's something that you should be grateful for... it's a sickening statement. They are the original/regular/real Australians and they were here long before we swooped in.
edit on 26-1-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling

All you did was twist his comment to suit your own agenda whatever it may be.
All Abbot did was tell it like it is.
The way i see it is white man took this country from the Aboriginal people and now the Aboriginal people have two choices.......Take the country back or move forward and integrate cause i really dont know what they want our generation to do about it.
Im sorry for what my ancestors did but i was born here and not going anywhere.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kester

False flag without a doubt. The only violent act seen was the law, manhandling her.
Total set up.
If the U.S president was approached as Gillard was someone would have been shot. Complete staged performance.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
reply to post by petrus4

Do you think Rudd will pull the numbers to make a come back?
I hope he does, I can relate to him more than any of the others.
edit on 26-1-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

I have no idea; but what I consider truly amusing, (if not tragic) is the fact that people seem to think it honestly matters, either way.

No government in the Western world at least, has either the ability or the desire to do anything that could meaningfully benefit their populations at this point. They have absolutely no consideration for anyone but themselves. They exist as an entirely seperate caste of society, who are concerned purely with retaining the economic and other benefits which accrue to them as a result of their position. They are not, at this point, public servants, in any possible sense of that term.

They do what they want, how they want, and when they want. If we the people don't like it, then they resort to the riot police to falsely imprison us, torture us, and/or beat us up.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I did'nt vote out of protest at the last election, as far as I was concerned
we already HAD a prime minister.

I got a fine wich I did'nt pay, nor did I pay the reminders.
I then got a letter from the rego office saying that I could no longer register any
vehicles or renew my drivers licence until I paid the fine for not voting at the
federal election. The next step was them confiscating my personal property
to pay off the fine, so I paid $660 in the end

edit on 27-1-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join