It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another sound in the Sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I don't know what it is. Maybe nothing but the sound was different then anything I have heard here.
Yes I live next to a major airport.
Yes I'm 40 miles away from AF base.
Yes I know what most jets sound like go to air shows all the time, and my GF is in the AF.
This sounded like a loud steady jet coming from the "whole sky" not saying its aliens or anything but it was loud and constant for at least 5 minutes. The sound you hear in the video that sounds like wind, or maybe traffic is what I was hearing. Prob a aother useless video but I tried. I would see how people would think its a jet.
Please be kind, I don't have the greatest video,.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-1-2012 by punisher2012 because: added link

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Video...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Location?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Sorry I posted the link.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Location Boise Id

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by punisher2012

I lived on numerous AF bases over time.....I dont anymore though.

Anyways, if you are near an AF base, that sounds like engine runs....to me.

The sound you captured is very very similar to the original sky sounds......and I kept telling StealthyKat who has posted about the sounds she is hearing, that it sounds like loooooooong engine runs.

How long do the sounds last? Is this first to hear it?

Anyways, thanks for capturing the real mystery sound! (the other ones - the trumpet sounding ones - are to hoaxy for my taste)

wanted to add...that even though you are 40 miles away, I am about 30 miles away from an AF base and on certain days, the sound of the engine runs can travel all the way to me.....crazy!

edit on January 25th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by punisher2012
reply to post by Destinyone

Sorry I posted the link.

Thanks I see that now...good job

ETA: The sound almost sounds like it is oscillating to me, interesting.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I was reading here on ATS when I first heard it. I thought it was a jet so I didn't rush to record it, but when the sound did not go away is when I got excited, when I went outside I noticed that it reminded me of an afterburner line up on a flight line. Like I said it might be nothing, but I don't think it traffic, because the sound went away and right now is when traffic picks up a lot and I don't hear it. I won't rule out aircraft, but with my experience with them I would say it was not. I will post a better video if I ever hear it again.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Hereit is embedded..... I think LOL first time trying this from iPod!!
edit on 25-1-2012 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Copied from my previous post....ETA: The sound almost sounds like it is oscillating to me, interesting.

..and, there is that thick dense cloud cover, I've seen on so many of these *sound* videos. Just as observation....
edit on 25-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I heard these sounds today several times, early in the morning, about 9-10 o'clock when I was lying in bed. It was deffinatly oscillating. Their seemed to be two sound:

1) a loud wind noise coming from the northern direction, sounding like a distant storm.

2) a oscillating hum coming from the ground! You can feel it in your stomach

It last usually 15-30 seconds.

I have never been able to capture the humming, though. I think it's to low frequency for that!
edit on 25-1-2012 by Sorgmodig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I would say this sound reminded me trains maybe 3 to 5 of them powering up to pull a long heavy haul. But there is no tracks close to here and it almost seemed "normal at first "glance" because orf all the strange noises we hear everyday. However this time it caught my attention as something that matched other videos I have seen and heard on ATS. I have retreated to the wilderness for the time being but I do have an excellent view of the night sky!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I heard it for the first time recently too.

Please can you answer a couple of questions:

1. Was it very loud?

2. Could you hear a kind of propulsion in the surrounding sound, as if though there are more than one kind of noise of which one was a pulsating kind of sound?

3. Did it start out loud?

4. Did it suddenly stop or did it give the effect of moving off into the distance?

5. while it was so loud, did it seem to you as if though it was right inside the building (I notice you were outside, but if you were inside)

6. Did it sound like it was coming from a source that is stationary while it was so loud?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

It seemed to come in slow and leave slow..... although it's hard to tell because by the time I noticed it was rt there but I do know that it left slow and that is when I started the video approximately I don't know a minute or 2 before it lasted like it was leaving as I was taking video but the it is completely gone. About a minute after the video stopped. I riginally noticed the sound from inside and I'm outside to record it. I had a few places for I can see through the cloud coverage maybe 1 or 2 places and I can just see blue sky above. as for the sound of self it's almost seemed to penetrate the walls the same as it is outside except it was a little louder outside. it wasn't much louder than the afterburner of the fighter jet and of it definitely did not seem to be coming from 1 specific place. very exciting to me because I started hearing about these I wish that I could you 1 first hand and I got a chance and I honestly have to say sometimes I question whether not I miss hearing something else but when I try to think about it I can't think of anything else could of been.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

As for any kind of propulsion system really can't speculate it just sounded somewhat like a steady rumble however it might it might have had some kind of murmur to it.
edit on 27-1-2012 by punisher2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply. I am carrying on with life as normal but it constantly comes back to my mind. It was quit an experiece and I was very scared at the time. I woke up from it. In my case it was extremely loud. If someone spoke next to me I would not have heard them. It stayed like that for a good 10 -15 minuntes and then seem to slowly 'fly away' as it went softer and softer. There was nothing in the sky.

I see there are so many sound vids on youtube and the like posting about it. But some of it really is nothing like what I heard. Maybe some people think it is funny and are making hoax vids. This is sad and silly. It just confuses honest research. The sound I heard was more like the one in your vid, even though yours did not seem as loud and pulsing, but then, on a recording you cannot really tell. Not like some of the silly stuff that has been posted on youtube.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig
I heard these sounds today several times, early in the morning, about 9-10 o'clock when I was lying in bed. It was deffinatly oscillating. Their seemed to be two sound:

1) a loud wind noise coming from the northern direction, sounding like a distant storm.

2) a oscillating hum coming from the ground! You can feel it in your stomach

It last usually 15-30 seconds.

I have never been able to capture the humming, though. I think it's to low frequency for that!
edit on 25-1-2012 by Sorgmodig because: (no reason given)

What I heard was not the effect of oscillation. I don't think. There was a rythmic beat to it thoug, fast. Also in the hum sound.
Where are you?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I posted about this somewhere else, too.
I've been hearing the same type of thing. Unfortunately in your video it wasn't as prominent as some others. But if you check out other videos on Youtube and stuff, it's going around a lot.

On the two occasions I've heard it, the only way I could describe it was that it was like a dome around the city, creating a low, consistent hum. I can never tell where it's coming from, and I can feel it run through my body. Also, I notice that it does not move. It's totally stationary, unlike a plane or ship, etc.

I wonder if the moderators will kill me for this, but the post is long and I want to show you, here is my post on another thread of the same topic:

Booming Sound Domes
edit on 3-2-2012 by TheUndertaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUndertaker

Thnaks for your imput, I will have to check out your link... oh and don't worry about the monitors on my treads...... they pay me little mind
yeah the entire sound on the video.... everything coming through your speakers is what I heard.... over the video it sounds a little more like traffic or wind but to the human ear it soundexd like a jet engine blasting away

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
At first I would like to tell you that I have never posted or replied to anything on this site before now, I only read threads,and watch videos.
I'am in my 40's and live in NH this morning at approx 7.20am I stepped out on my porch ready to go to work, and heard what I can only describe as a low humming sound it would raise in frequency and then drop this lasted for approx 3mins. I was very loud I have never heard that before and I live in a very rural area on a lake and this time of year there is no one around. At first I thought you were all nuts,but what can I say I heard it and my son heard it.I have no idea what it was or no explanation.

<<   2 >>

join