It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Click to Enjoy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I wrote these lyrics myself, I make hip-hop music with an anti-government message incorporated. I cant stand the music they play on the radio so I started making music 9 years ago. Tell me what you think about a few snippets of mine. Thank you in advance.

We went to war with Iraq, and switched up their laws
Soon as our country got there, we stuck in our straws
To drain every drop of oil in that area clean
But thats not our country, so what do barriers mean
The harriers scream, as they fly by dropping bombs
Forced democracy, our thinking, we've got it all wrong
Developing a recipe, where our countries mentality is focused on desires instead of nessessities
Plainly worded, so the rest can see, This is far from our destiny,
But I bet we'll be in another war before you get to see, the truth

Mos Def - Respiration (Instrumental)

Mos def the dopest beat ive heard ina while
Rethinking about all my lifes tribue's and trials
Fake people, cant stand them, all they give you is smiles
Plotting behind your back trying to get rid of you while
Keeping their mouth shut like in the midst of a trial
Yeah a dog can be nice, but when they sic you its wild
So inside my mind they are filed, and listed as piles
This aint even hip-hop anymore, Im mixing with styles
But your thinking is off target like you missed it by miles
Thinking everything's okay your just blissed in denial
Never gonna make a change like you pissed in the nile
Unless you stand up for what you believe in, put a fist up, get riled
If your feeling what your hearing then just twist up the dial
Now ya'll trying to make a comeback, but your disses are mild
So you start praying for my demise, while, Your kissing the tiles
But your words hold no weight, like the wrist of a child
So ignorant, You dont realize you assist the denial
Of making a better future, You insist to compile
Useless items, Bought overpriced, try to resist the aisles
Spoonfed propaganda, You can enlist and i'll
Watch the homefront, to exist as versatile
As I can be, but this cant be the gist, and worthwile
When minds are clouded like mist, Corrosive like bile,
When the goverment hears this, its dismissed, as hostile,

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkB4uSpeak

The future f hip hop is in or hands my friend. My friend is a hip hop artist named Yannik, hes doing pretty well and all his lyrics are to do with the elite and what they do.

I have started a small company called LeedsIsLive - basically still on the table, but when completed we will be going round schools, colleges, youth centers and near abouts anywhere we can to try let them see what commercial music is doing to youths attitudes.

We'll be doing thing like showing lyrics of Katy Perry's, Rhiana and all them big commercial names and askign what positive message can be brought out of any of them lyrics and if they can see that listening to that garbage would influence anything they do. Then we would go onto showing them Lyrics from AKALA, Immortal Technique, Jessy J, Pink, Lowkey, Lupe Fiasco etc and ask them to find something positive, and whether the lyrics have influenced them to think different. Then hopefully we would go onto why we need to stop listening to music thats chucked down our throats - the likes of Rhaiana - how she will grind on a man and sleep with anybody, or like Katy perry who will kiss a girl and like it, or like 50cent who will shoot a niga and take all his money etc. Hopefully after the hour we have, we will have shown them that music has a major part of how they live their youth, and that they can change their own environment. Rant over.

Keep up the good work, never change your game - people will only be listening to the likes of you pretty soon.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
reply to post by ThinkB4uSpeak

The future f hip hop is in or hands my friend. My friend is a hip hop artist named Yannik, hes doing pretty well and all his lyrics are to do with the elite and what they do.

I have started a small company called LeedsIsLive - basically still on the table, but when completed we will be going round schools, colleges, youth centers and near abouts anywhere we can to try let them see what commercial music is doing to youths attitudes.

We'll be doing thing like showing lyrics of Katy Perry's, Rhiana and all them big commercial names and askign what positive message can be brought out of any of them lyrics and if they can see that listening to that garbage would influence anything they do. Then we would go onto showing them Lyrics from AKALA, Immortal Technique, Jessy J, Pink, Lowkey, Lupe Fiasco etc and ask them to find something positive, and whether the lyrics have influenced them to think different. Then hopefully we would go onto why we need to stop listening to music thats chucked down our throats - the likes of Rhaiana - how she will grind on a man and sleep with anybody, or like Katy perry who will kiss a girl and like it, or like 50cent who will shoot a niga and take all his money etc. Hopefully after the hour we have, we will have shown them that music has a major part of how they live their youth, and that they can change their own environment. Rant over.

Keep up the good work, never change your game - people will only be listening to the likes of you pretty soon.

I love the message you guys got going. Keep it up. I wish more people would wake up and realize that they are being programmed by the music they repeat over and over and over again not only on the radio but then they download it and put it on their phones and Ipods to play over and over and over again...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Be a bold seeker cold ether/
free a old preacher talk Jeasa burn reefa
peace a/ nice concept, but real a
world defeat a then heal a/
truth reveal a kneela how you feel a?
I'm a train harder/
engrained in my arteries fire such a
part of me your spark don't even bother/
wind fan flames/
rain crash in waves from Earth & to Earth shall you
return one day/
from birth they thirst innoculate with plauges/
credit forget it turn the rest to debt slaves/
its a onslaught/
total onslaught/
thats fought for every soul caught in this merry go...MData

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentalData
Be a bold seeker cold ether/
free a old preacher talk Jeasa burn reefa
peace a/ nice concept, but real a
world defeat a then heal a/
truth reveal a kneela how you feel a?
I'm a train harder/
engrained in my arteries fire such a
part of me your spark don't even bother/
wind fan flames/
rain crash in waves from Earth & to Earth shall you
return one day/
from birth they thirst innoculate with plauges/
credit forget it turn the rest to debt slaves/
its a onslaught/
total onslaught/
thats fought for every soul caught in this merry go...MData

Feeling it! That's what I'm talking about! People who say something when they say something... If you know what i mean...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
When I first came to ATS back in '99 this is what I came for...feelin' it

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
give this a listen folks.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Got something there, track is tight..Although I personally believe when you boil it down, the whole thing is an attempt to deny Jesus. Basically any enemy of the papacy would have to be considered a friend, not many friends left. Yes its money and control, but I feel one world control is the epitomy of a desire of one world religion. To deny that is to deny truth. Even most Christians would then fall into that category for Sunday worship. Not to rant..

Hook at the end stood out, felt that sh*t

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
you prolly dig this one too, 100% real hip-hop, real music.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

True sh*t

new topics

top topics

join