It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could black holes be cloaked alien civilizations?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

OOOOh i found a black hole using an invisibility cloak ...........

this may be some really advanced technology here is this an aliens head???

edit on 24-1-2012 by imnothereru because: messed up picture

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by imnothereru

Why exactly do you mock scientific possiblity?
Cloaking is being investigated right now!
Big bucks doing so.
It is only logical an advanced race would move through the same advances.

Your comment is funny though, so star for that;-)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Black holes have been theorized to contain the missing 70%, black energy!
Now thats a stretch!
Some could be aliens, it is more likely!
I call dibs on this new theory!

Here is the theoraticizing:

www.dailygalaxy.com...

Seem black holes can be blamed for everything, it is only plausible some could hide alien civilazations.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It is possible to live in black holes!
So an obvious choice for camoflage!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Even more possibility here:
news.discovery.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

This thread raises a most interesting possibility, but if such a cloaking capability exists, then I would think they would disguise themselves by pretending to be a Sun or Star to limit the effects needed to actually fool someone from the black hole effects that a black hole would have to have to properly fool anyone.

One reason for them disguising themselves as something 'taking in' stars as it were is that they may be able to gather energy from sucking up stars and matter to sustain their craft/whatever they're hiding!

To disguise themselves as a star would surely mean spending energy in the form of light, or at least that's what we understand about this kind of stuff! I wouldn't be surprised if the universe worked in a completely different way to what we think.

Very interesting thread OP, black holes have always intrigued me as demonstrating the unharnessed power of the universe. I'd be surprised if they were hidden craft, but we know almost literally nothing about the universe I guess.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
extremely interesting article in discover on this very subject and type 3 civilizations:
news.discovery.com...

it is my proposition if we have the find tuned equipment we should study black holes in details, to see if anything is coming and going.
many many years ahead of our time off course, and we would need to study many black holes, as only some are alien civilizations.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
as an interesting add on to previous article, here is a reference for kardashev scale:

In 1964, Kardashev defined three levels of civilizations, based on the order of magnitude of the amount of power available to them:
Type I: "technological level close to the level presently [1964] attained on earth, with energy consumption at ≈4×1019 erg/sec.[2] Guillermo A. Lemarchand stated this as "a level "near" contemporary terrestrial civilization with an energy capability equivalent to the solar insolation on Earth, between 10 to the 16 power and 10 to the 17 power Watts."[3]
Type II: "a civilization capable of harnessing the energy radiated by its own star (for example, the stage of successful construction of a "Dyson sphere"); energy consumption at ≈4×1033 erg/sec.[2] Lemarchand stated this as "a civilization capable of utilizing and channeling the entire radiation output of its star. The energy utilization would then be comparable to the luminosity of our Sun, about 4 x 10 to the 26 power Watts."[3]
Type III: "a civilization in possession of energy on the scale of its own galaxy, with energy consumption at≈4×1044 erg/sec."[2] Lemarchand stated this as "a civilization with access to the power comparable to the luminosity of the entire Milky Way galaxy, about 4 x 10 to the 37 power Watts."[3]

It is most obvious type 3 civilizations COULD very well and plausible be cloaking via black holes, or it some type of energy device.
If you accept the kardashev scale, it should be a obvious possibility.
edit on 25-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join