It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tripp Roth, a little guy who should make us all a little ashamed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hi, i'd like us all to take a minute and think about how much was moan and groan everyday about nothing and how much time we actually spend with our kids, then meet Tripp.

Tripp was born on the 14th of March 2009 in Ponchatoula, louisianna.
He was diagnosed with junctional epidermolysis bullosa at birth, epidermolysis bullosa, better known as EB, es a rare disease that effects 1 in 50,000, were any friction on the skin or mucose membranes causes blisters. He had the most severe form and was lacking a protein which binds one layer of skin to another.

His mom gave up her nursing job to care for him, along with her mother.

Towards the end of his life he was intubated, for food and breathing and had lost his eye sight, after multiple operations, to just too many cornea abrasions and tissue growth that would eventually seal his eyelids together.

There is no efective cure for EB, and at the end blisters would cover most of his body leading inevitably to infections, even with antibiotics.

Up until he was too ill to play Tripp would play like any other kid, but he just got weaker and weaker.

Tripp died in his mothers arms on the 14th of this month. Exactly 2 years and 8 months old.

We all have our problems, we all have our aches and pains.

We take pills and potions and get by until the end of the month how we can.

This little guy did'nt have the chance.

I remember my mom always saying to me when i was whining about something stupid (as kids do) "you dont know how lucky you are", and at that time you dont pay any attention.

In may of this year im 40 years old and have a year old kid, strong, healthy and a regular pain in the butt as kids are.
I've got my debt's, my work problems, my aches and my pains just like everyone else here on ATS, but I AM LUCKY.

I'm lucky because my kid is healthy, and i wont have to go through what that poor mother has had to go through.
We all take our kids for granted, and that should make us all a little ashamed.

I read this story just now, i did'nt know about him before.

My kids in the park now, with his mom and his cousins, breaking in his roller skates, but when he comes home i'm gonna hug him, tell him i love him and try and spend just that bit more quality time with him, because who knows what tommorows gonna bring us.

We should'nt complain about the stupid things in life, even though at times it feels like we have nothing else left to do, because really, compared to little Tripp Roth, we hav'nt a care in the world.

edit on 22-1-2012 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
just in from a 12hr shift,didn't wanna watch the clip
an they say theres a God .........

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunc4

You just nailed it. How can there be.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

So....why should I be ashamed?
Because a kid got the short straw when it comes to the gene pool?
Didn't watch the vid don't need to, I was a very productive person at my time in the seat of responsibility, now is my time to play.
There is no shame here, you cannot euthanize the kid, as it would be unethical and illegal in many countries.
The child was here to do what he was supposed to do.
It is not that there is no god, people just do not believe in destiny is all, even the religious.
Bummer a kid died, but so will I, and after all of this investing and hard work too!
The kid got off easy.
Shame is a religious tool, I have no use for.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It is soo hard to watch something like that, as a father of two. Sometimes we all need a dose of reality to keep us in check.

S&F Op. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I understand you view but in the same breath it gives some of us a different and much needed perspective.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Some would say that the mother's unconditional love was a pure expression of divinity. I guess it's all how you look at it.

I'm feeling a bit down tonight, so i'm not going to watch the video, but I enjoyed reading your write-up OP. It reminded me to remember how lucky I am, and get over certain petty 'problems' I seem to focus on in my life.

I sometimes feel ashamed of the fuss I make over certain things when I hear about something like this. It slaps me back in line

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

So....why should I be ashamed?
Because a kid got the short straw when it comes to the gene pool?

Well, really, i dont know and dont care what your damn problem IS or Was.

I talk as a parent, which clearly your not, and as MANY parents do, we take it for granted that they're there, that they're healthy, which is something we should'nt ever do.

And who the # is talking about faith or religion?

The "moral" of the thread if there is one, is that we take our kid's for granted and we complain daily about nothing when in fact, compared to this kid who suffered every day for his short 2 years of life, we have really nothing to moan about, it's all so insignificant.

But, it would appear that you have the weight of the universe on your shoulders and your problems and suffering is clearly superior to that of the rest of mankind..how i pity your attitude...NOT.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dyllels

I sometimes feel ashamed of the fuss I make over certain things when I hear about something like this. It slaps me back in line

It certainly put's life in perspective does'nt it..
We should enjoy every moment while we're healthy..especially if you've got kids, and if not with family and loved ones..
All the day to day crap is really insignificant.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Ok let's try an exercise...
You said

Well, really, i dont know and dont care what your damn problem IS or Was.

My problem would be someone issuing a blanket statement of shame because a kid got unlucky.
Then you said

I talk as a parent, which clearly your not, and as MANY parents do, we take it for granted that they're there, that they're healthy, which is something we should'nt ever do.

Wrong again, I most probably have raised more kids than in your entire family, I have 6.
Young adults now, happy and healthy, luckily they got the long straws.
The wife and I took excellent care of our kids and that was the result, so apparently "we" did not take anything for granted, as we worked our butts off.
Dr. and dentist appointments times 6 is a lot of work believe it or not in itself.

You then go on to ask,

And who the # is talking about faith or religion?

You just nailed it. How can there be.

Look familiar?

Now you go on to exclaim!

The "moral" of the thread if there is one, is that we take our kid's for granted and we complain daily about nothing when in fact, compared to this kid who suffered every day for his short 2 years of life, we have really nothing to moan about, it's all so insignificant.

I take nothing for granted as I know anything and everything could just go buhbye in the blink of an eye.
I complain about things but, I can do that.
This is my world, I payed for it!
For the kid in question, everyday was just another day to him, my nephew has a disability from birth, to him we are the handicapped as he regularly laughs and has a good time even though he is frequently in pain, but doesn't seem to realize it in the moment.
I believe that anything that would or could make my happiness to decline would be very significant, wouldn't you agree?

Now you say,

But, it would appear that you have the weight of the universe on your shoulders and your problems and suffering is clearly superior to that of the rest of mankind..how i pity your attitude...NOT.

Not anymore, my kids are grown and starting their own adventure with many Dr. appointments of their own to look forward to, so no weight there!
Of course one would believe their suffering is superior, it is our own, what a silly idea, I know!
I thank you for the offering of your pity but I will tell you and I'm sure the short straw child would too, keep it I really don't need it.
Hope it helps

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If I wrote a note to God I would say: HOW COULD YOU!!
That poor child had maybe a few months of normalcy and then pain and more pain until his soul was released from torture.
Those parents too must've been horrified, disappointed then made to suffer along with Tripp only to find they could do nothing to ease his suffering.
I don't get it.

How does this serve some "higher purpose"?

Just tragic.

I have 4 healthy, grown sons and I too am very, very lucky.
My heart goes out to those parents and grandparents.

To think we're about ready to start a war with Iran where potentially thousands of innocents could be made to suffer just like this child.
I still don't get it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
At the risk of opening a can of worms and being flamed to oblivion, I would ask the question: "The mother was a health care worker, did she make sure to have adequate prenatal care? If so, wouldn't have this illness/disease have been diagnosed early enough to have done something about it?"

Even if, in this case, it wasn't diagnosed early enough to have terminated the pregnancy, to avoid the suffering of this innocent child, doesn't this beg the question of the morality abortion?

For all of you who ask, "How could God....." I ask, "How could you deliver a child knowing the kind of suffering he would endure?"
edit on 22-1-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

join