It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Deserve SOPA!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Warning: Language??

Not my words but what do you guys think about this? I think he has a point, a lot of people are getting mad at him for saying this but he seriously has a good point.

I wouldn't go as far as he does though. I don't know why he'd assume that people would be smart enough to choose good leaders though. Anyways what are your thoughts?

Text version for people who don't wanna watch the video:

America, once again, proves to be a wretched hive of voter hypocrisy. They elect politicians with no balls, who then get bought off by large corporations. Americans should not be surprised by SOPA and PIPA, but yet they are, and websites like Reddit and Wikipedia are giving into the self-righteous pandering.

This is why you either elect officials who believe in individual liberty and limited government, or burn Washington DC and eliminate the need for politicians altogether.

American asked for SOPA by electing the wrong people, and now they want to turn back time and correct their mistakes. Good luck. You might succeed, but I hope that, for everyone's sake, SOPA and PIPA pass so America can learn from its mistakes and can stop pretending that you don't have to reap what you sow.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I maintain that not only does SOPA not pass, but it doesnt even go up for a vote, same with PIPA because no one wants the aftermath with elections soon. However, I expect something bad to pass in a lame duck session at the end of this year, probably to be attempted quietly right before their break starts.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Either that, or they try to sneak something into the end of some other bill that does have support. I will firmly and strongly resist in any way I can any attempt to censor the internet.

new topics

join