It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ever happened to that panic we had awhile back? (More inside)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't remember all the details but in light of SOPA I think it's relevant. It was a bill that we all made out to be the end of the world that would like send you to jail for just watching copyrighted content on a website. Or was that SOPA?

On that note I'd be interested to see if any ATS members who have been here for awhile have catagorized all of our major panics that never happened. haha

(not that SOPA is one of those. SOPA is serious.)

PS - Why isn't ATS blacked out? We love this stuff don't we?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well i agree with the numerous false alarms, however forewarned is forearmed as my g-ma used to say.

As far as the ATS blackout, there was that splash screen that popped up when i first logged on today that about made me # my cornflakes, until of course i cleared my cache and read it a little more carefully. Good one mods...nearly gave me a flippin heart attack!

edit on 18-1-2012 by clowdstalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The blackouts are mainly meant to inform people who aren't aware of the bill or aware of the bill's consequences. ATS probably didn't see a need for the blackout since SOPA is talked about a lot on here and most members are informed. ATS has a random redirect to a blackout page that comes up sometimes but you can click continue to go to the thread you intended. I think they made the right decision.

new topics

join