It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is ASTONISHING! The Queen's Diamond Jubilee is on the same date as the 2012 Venus Transit!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
So the 'once in a lifetime event' that last occurred in 2004 did.... what exactly? Don't say the Tsunami earthquake which was 6 months later

The gravitational pull exerted on Earth by Venus is so negligible it has no effect however you want to look at it, do the math.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by GLontra

Exactly - it is not the specific date itself that is important for these celebrations.

The specific date is very important.

They will be celebrating the "beginning" of the 60th year in June 2012, just like they celebrated the "beginning" of the 50th year in June 2002...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
So the 'once in a lifetime event' that last occurred in 2004 did.... what exactly? Don't say the Tsunami earthquake which was 6 months later

The gravitational pull exerted on Earth by Venus is so negligible it has no effect however you want to look at it, do the math.

Oh, of course, we need to seek "rational and scientific explanations"...

Give me a break.

Nobody is talking about "science" and "gravitational pull" here. The talk here is about numerology and symbolism.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Why is the specific date important? What am i missing?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by GLontra

Why is the specific date important? What am i missing?

The coronation was in June 2.

The Golden Jubilee in 2002 included the date of June 2.

And the Diamond Jubilee in 2012 will also include the date of June2.

So, yes, the Jubilee party is intended to celebrate the specific date of June 2.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Incidentally I did the math for you, to save you the hassle.
The gravitational force exerted by Venus on Earth on the 5th June 2012 will be *drum roll*

Using:

Mass of Earth - 5.9736*10^24kg
Mass of Venus - 4.8685*10^24kg
Distance of Earth from Venus on the 5th June 2012 - 4.321*10^10 meters

Gravitational Force Calculator

is a whopping....

1.0389355664314593 x 10^ -10 newtons......

That's an amazing 0.0000000000103 (3.s.f.) Newtons if scientific notation boggles your mind.

For comparison, a 7500kg truck driving 10 meters away from someone weighing 80kg would exert about 4 x 10^-7 Newtons.. 3 orders of magnitude more than Venus on the Earth

edit on 18-1-2012 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Ah,i see what you are getting at. Still it makes no difference as the celebrations are based around her being on the throne for that long. No one really cares about the date and traditionally we haven't either, if you look at previous jubilees.

No esoteric meaning im afraid.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
The Transit of venus will take place sometime between 5th - 6th June 2012 - ANOTHER ONCE IN A LIFE TIME EVENT!

I remember the last one. 8 years ago.

It is Theorized that Transits of Venus cause catastrophic weather anomalies and earthquakes - a theory much scrutinised by mainstream science even though the theory itself is not well known...

As I said, I remember the last one. 8 years ago.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Incidentally I did the math for you, to save you the hassle.
The gravitational force exerted by Venus on Earth on the 5th June 2012 will be *drum roll*

Using:

Mass of Earth - 5.9736*10^24kg
Mass of Venus - 4.8685*10^24kg
Distance of Earth from Venus on the 5th June 2012 - 4.321*10^10 meters

Gravitational Force Calculator

is a whopping....

1.0389355664314593 x 10^ -10 newtons......

That's an amazing 0.0000000000103 (3.s.f.) Newtons if scientific notation boggles your mind.

For comparison, a 7500kg truck driving 10 meters away from someone weighing 80kg would exert about 4 x 10^-7 Newtons.. 3 orders of magnitude more than Venus on the Earth

So, do you really think that anyone cares about your calculations?

Do you really think that anyone is worried about any "gravitational pull"?

Don't waste your time, and our time. Nobody is interested in mainstream science here, thanks...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
The Transit of venus will take place sometime between 5th - 6th June 2012 - ANOTHER ONCE IN A LIFE TIME EVENT!

I remember the last one. 8 years ago.

It is Theorized that Transits of Venus cause catastrophic weather anomalies and earthquakes - a theory much scrutinised by mainstream science even though the theory itself is not well known...

As I said, I remember the last one. 8 years ago.

So, you remember the last one, 8 years ago...

But, do you remember the one BEFORE the last one?

Probably not, since it was in 1882, and not even your grandfather was born yet at that time...

And you and your son probably won't live enough to see the next transit AFTER the transit of June 5, 2012, since the next one will be on 2117, 105 years from now...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I bet that most people in this forum have at least one grandparent who was born after 1882, and died before 2004, and thus never saw a transit of Venus in the entire life.

So, yes, this is a "twice in a lifetime" event for lucky people, but for other people this is a "none in a lifetime" event.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
What is she selling?
I may be interested

WE dont know what WE dont know.

Snake oil.

I would also like to see who is on the guest list. If I'm not on it I'll just die....

I think it's really a double once in a lifetimer.
edit on 18-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
So, do you really think that anyone cares about your calculations?

Do you really think that anyone is worried about any "gravitational pull"?

Don't waste your time, and our time. Nobody is interested in mainstream science here, thanks...

I nearly gave you a star because I thought you were being sarcastic, then I realised you weren't

I pity you....

EDIT: Actually, maybe you were being sarcastic looking at some of your other posts. Sorry if so, it;s bloody impossible to tell around here sometimes!!! :-D

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Regardless of which, I'm expecting the same amount of global death and destruction this time as happened last time.

Hopefully the weather will be the same too - as last time it coincided with some nice hot sunny weather. And the double bank holiday we get for the Jubilee will be my main holiday this year - which, coincidently, I'll probably spend backpacking in the hills of mid Wales, as I was also doing the time of the last transit. Spooky!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I call secret society ritual!

astrological alignments are always used for rituals, this is standard practice in magic.

the jubilee must be a bonus cover up to have dozens/hundreds of people in one place.

a guarantee you there will be elites going to this jubilee, and NOT participating in the jubilee events.

there will be a deep dark room somewhere, with some sketchy stuff going on inside....for serious.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
the motions of venus are what the Mayan calender is based on, FYI.
Earth has a very interesting relationship with Venus.
Venus makes a giant pentagram in the solar system, each pentagram point is a conjunction/transit with Earth.

www.halexandria.org...

the pentagonal cycles of venus
www.lunarplanner.com...
www.lunarplanner.com...

Mayan Venus calender and the Golden Proportion
edj.net...

info about venus transits and astronomy terms
www.zoomschool.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
I would call it a coincidence...
if she was being evacuated to a underground bunker along with government leaders around the world .. that would be interesting

If she was you wouldn't know about it though.

so what then?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The overblown nature of this topic reflects on the tabloid frenzy that comes along with anything the Royals do. If it's important to note that I do hold a vaguely unscientific opinion about this event I'll offer up to the masses who demand explanations, it's that the Venus Transit does represent the Queen, she was once a very beautiful woman my own age and we could draw parallels to how often we think of Venus' beauty and how often we think of how Beautiful she was. The distance to Venus from Earth only a parallel for a commoner to look to to remark upon this passing chance that we all have to offer up congratulations to a Queen who comes from not just a land, but an age when Venus was more mysterious and beautiful than it was today, but only because we looked to deeply into beauty to find fire, that we see more of the same in her.

I am, I'm the anarchist here and the only thing I really see about this important date being on another important date are some odd parallels, but it is only one piece of a larger puzzle, this piece doesn't fit with the pieces I have assembled.

I want to leave this thread knowing that I came here to do good, you got the message guys, she was pretty and soon shes gone. Appreciate her.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

are you serious? you must be from the UK

that queen is utterly worthless. what has she physically/mentally done for the country? she's just a figurehead, in the same way that mickey mouse is a figurehead for disney.

she doesn't do squat, she's the rich shiny smiling rich graceful rich royal distraction...

...there to remind us that "materialism is the goal! look how rich and luxurious i am! don't you wish you were royalty?! you should strive your whole life to get a fraction of my wealth & attention!, then you'll be happy and everyone will love you!"

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join